Question Is the 'Daoist Gu' MC the 'Leylin of Xianxia World'?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Ananya, May 7, 2017.

1. GoldenEmperor

GoldenEmperor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dude leylin tricked so many people in twiligh zone arc even that kid he took as a discple and all so he could get a coin of destiny (he sacrifised all of them for it and it was all a play lol the whole thing was setup by leylin and then leylin advanced to rank 3 beat Alicia(matriarch of elvs)

But i live WMW cuz its about magus and warlocks .. Daiost Gu is boring imo

2. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    He toyed with people's lives and used them to create a weapon similar to Daoist Gu.

3. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg a thread about Fang Yuan and I did not notice it until today?! :eek:

I think keklel gave the most accurate review on the MC among all reviews I have seen.

He's very evil, cold and ruthless. You will see as the chapters progress :eek:

He was 500+ before he 'died' and reborn as his 15 year old self. Also he lived an unknown age on our world Earth.

Anyway the MC (Fang Yuan) is as keklel said, extremely evil.
    He will do anything for the sake of his own gains, and he is cruel to not just everyone, but himself. His own body is just a container to him. Beauty does not faze him. Love is a joke to him.

He is very different from your typical MC while his twin brother is like the typical shounen xianxia goody justice MC. But his twin brother is not often mentioned.. and the MC does not care about anyone but himself. Family and friendship don't exist to him.

Of course he didn't start out that way.. but as you will learn, 500 years of living in his world can easily people cold. The world in this novel is just too cruel as well.

You can ask me anything about this novel anyway, I'm still chasing after it at book 5 chapter 400+ (about 1500 chapters in) and I'm a fan of it :)
    Personally I love the MC very much. And its a great book.

strixflash and keklel like this.
  4. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Most Hero MCs are rather bland and easily overlooked because they are potato chips. you eat one, chances are you eaten them all, then got upset stomach and had the shits for a day.

Hardcore bad guy MC is also kinda bland, almost like a cliche Bond villain. I is bad cause MONEY! POWER! WOMEN (usually comes with just the money part buddy..gold digging sluts are still women...technically)! FAME! GLORY! INFAMY! INSERTOTHERREASONHERE!

Honestly give me a well fleshed out character with depth, personality, personality disorders, repressed memories, whatever. I am just getting tired of reading a book, reading another book, then going "Wait, who was the MC of book A? was it B? or C?". When characters are interchangeable due to lack of, well character, it makes you wonder what the point of reading it was. I like to stop and think "Wonder what it would be like drinking with this character?" or whenever I can jump out of my chair and go "You son of a bitch!" whenever a character I actually liked dies. I like doing those things, even if I get thrown out of the book store, coffee shop or public library at least I can think "Damn that was a good book."

Now admittedly I can also get excited over a book based on comedic value with characters as deep as a shot-glass but thats mainly because it pulls its weight with its comedy and possibly world building and the characters are just there to act as triggers for amusing events.

My train of thought left the station at this point so thats all folks.

strixflash likes this.
  5. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has he obtained immortality yet?

6. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol no, he still has to fight the Dream Saint whatever girl, and probably the big bad Old Dragon man.
    I'm still 150 chapters behind the current raw, but at this rate I could see the story go on for another 5 years, sure why not :LOL:
    I have totally no clue how this story will end, and for that I'm pretty curious.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    keklel likes this.
  7. Demon God666

Demon God666 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those from the righteous faction aren’t really good guys. What they care about the most is reputation. The righteous faction is actually stronger than the demonic faction, the only reason that the demonic faction still exists is because the righteous faction also only care about benefits and doesn’t want to fight against the demonic factions and lose more than their gains. And to be honest, I hate Fang Zhen, he’s really more of an idiot. I mean... Fang Yuan treated him extremely well(in his past life). The only reason Fang Yuan showed his “talent” with poems and stuff is so that their uncle and aunt will stop mistreat them and so that he can take care of Fang Zhen. But Fang Zhen was instead feeling jealous of MC. He sided with their uncle and aunt despite the fact that they treated him horribly in the past, simply because they said some good words to him. Fang a Yuan was also extremely cold towards Fang Zhen because MC didn’t want him to realize that he came from another world. Fang Zhen was like... we belong to different worlds after Fang Zhen defeated MC in the arena match(in MC’s previous life). It was sooo horrible, especially since he only won with the support of the elder. The match was mentioned in the chapter when Fang Yuan refined perseverance Gu, it was a flashback.