Question Is there a way to search SpaceBattles?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Toralk, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a love hate relationship with spacebattles.com. On one hand there are some really good stories there. On the other, it's not really designed for webnovels. No way to adjust text size or width short of using page zoom and dragging the window smaller (which annoys me, because I use fullscreen for every other site) and somehow the site rejects firefox's reader mode (though you can still force it into reader mode using the about:reader?url= hack). I'm guessing that authors that used the other forum sections a lot began posting their stories there out of loyalty, and somehow it grew into a major webnovel site.

But the biggest problem is finding new stories there. If there is a search function I can't find it. I quickly gave up on finding stories just by going down the list and reading the pop-ups. The best method I've found is going to the profile page of an author I like and seeing what other stories they've commented on and hoping they're good too.

So my question is, is there any way to search SpaceBattles by fandom or genera? Or failing that, is there a thread somewhere (on any site) where people made lists of their favorite stories there?

Jorg_vzla91 likes this.
  2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the same problem. Anyone with a good method?

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda obvious but gotta ask did you try sorting by start date, views or replies?
    Pretty much all those fics that are worth something or longer than a few chapters are posted on ff.net and elswhere more readable anyway.

4. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried sorting by views. Unfortunately, my tastes aren't that mainstream (only huge fandom I'm into is StarWars) which means I get page after page of fanfics for series I've never read. Ive tried googling stories I've found there to see if they're reposted somewhere else, but not all are, and that only helps read a story once I've already found it.

5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    And Start Date?
    Btw here's my list of best long fanfics https://www.fanfiction.net/u/9071421/

6. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    No, why would I? Newer ones wouldn't have that many chapters posted, and why would older ones be better?

7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it would give you new ones, you didn't say you wanted new ones but with enough chapters.

8. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...have you tried watching Space Balls? I mean...there will be no better space battles than that, no? ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. =p[/spoiler\

Toralk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.