Spoiler It’s Actually Not Easy Wanting to Be a Supporting Male Character

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 31, 2017.

1. 324722

324722 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please:oops::oops::blobupset::blobtired:

2. theragingpanda

theragingpanda ‹ lost in the books ›

Reading List:
    Link
    +1!!!!!

3. ShenHua

ShenHua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So...just popping in to say I plan to pick this one up. I've got a couple of chapters TLed but not going to release them until A) I've finished TLing "Rebirth of MC" and B) I've TLed the entire Arc 1.
    Still, I think I'll drop the summary here:
    In this period where countless supporting lead actors always attempt to counterattack, turn over a new leaf or simply refuse to take up the role, his purpose of existing is to fill the role of a good supporting male lead and uphold his duty to the best of his ability. To add the needed lustre to storylines and this world.

Only, it's a pity that someone who is not afraid of god-like enemies will be afraid of pig-like teammates.

Bitterly, he realises that for some unfathomable reason, he is being bothered time and again by a bastard who refuses to follow the script…

In order to walk the path of a good supporting male lead, he engages in a battle of wits and courage with that person. Loving each other and killing each other, one ultimately cannot escape fate’s teasing.

– why is it so difficult wanting to be a responsible and diligent supporting male lead?! QAQ

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    pcheshire, Aeli, Kleep and 19 others like this.
  4. EveningWind

EveningWind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    galzfy likes this.
  5. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. EveningWind

EveningWind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the spoilers ~~

7. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the translated arc 1 and its great especially ML's reaction at the end... by the way can anyone tell me how many arc are there in total and give summaries for the remaining ones... even if the story is being translated (for which I am grateful) I still want *snacks*...:notworthy::coffee::cookie::blobpeek:

readerz likes this.
  8. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished arc 2, very nice! I'm really loving this story. MC is quite likeable!

ShenHua likes this.
  9. sakuraluck

sakuraluck Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that there's also a love story between the systems, is it true?

10. clear

clear 『クソ主』 川(-'﹃ '-)川 『Bi Wenjun's Yoyo』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah-yea, iirc there's an extra about MC+ML's systems but i kinda skipped it, so ;u;

Kleep likes this.
  11. sakuraluck

sakuraluck Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or we have a similar novel to this in the past?

blues86 and WagKalimutan like this.
  14. WagKalimutan

WagKalimutan Mpreg Lover, Married To Yaoi

Reading List:
    Link
    pcheshire likes this.
  15. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  16. kasen

kasen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    = _ = im here because i made a spoiler thread for this before i found out it already has one
    so i'm just going to info dump everything i wrote there here!!

intro stuff
    Title: It's Not Easy Being the Supporting Male, Either 《想做男配其实也不容易》
    Author: mijia
    Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1898660 and http://www.danmeila.com/chongsheng/8029.html

Translated Summary:
    In an era where all the supporting characters are trying to change their fates, counterattack, or become legit, his only goal is to faithfully play the role of the supporting male and bring credit to the world's setting. Unfortunately, it's not god-like enemies he need to fear, but pig-like friends.

He bitterly discovered that he somehow got involved with a fellow who doesn't follow the script at all...

For the sake of his path as a supporting male character, he fought battles of wits and courage against that man, loving and fighting in turn, but still couldn't escape fate and her tricks.

--Why is it so hard to just be a dedicated supporting male character?! QAQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~

some random editor's review: In an era where all the supporting characters are trying to change their fates, counterattack, or become legit, Sui Yuan's only goal is to make up for the severe shortage of supporting males in the different world. But he lost the battle in his very first world when he met the male lead, his friend and natural enemy named Zhao Xihe. After that, he kept going on the bitter path of being tricked, confessed to, and pushed down. World after world, the stories kept changing into BL tales worthy of praise and tears.

This is a humorous story with tight pacing and a clear plot. It constantly unfolds all sorts of interesting worlds for its readers. As the one playing the supporting males, Sui Yuan is a simple and pure type who only wants to complete his story missions. The male lead Zhao Xihe is a persistent, black belly type who only wants to get Sui Yuan into his arms. The two of them keep playing different roles and meeting as different people as they follow the same plot and the same rules to create completely different worlds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

MC:
    Sui Yuan (隋垣) shou/uke | ML: Zhao Xihe (赵羲和) gong/seme

chapter 1 summary (wanted to put this here becuase MC is so cute)
    (i like doing c1 summaries b/c thy have lots of imp info i think)

(there's a bunch of author's notes in the chapter so it's hard to tell where it starts, look for the sentence after the one with 'jj' for the real beginning of the story)
    -we start with a system "Smart Brain 5237" hovering around MC Sui Yuan's body and complaining loudly
    '5237: "i can't live like this anymore! nowadays everyone's fighting to be the male lead or female lead, but they either refuse to be supporting characters or counterattack the original leads! the worlds are all messed up now! schwingschwingschwingschwing, this time u better work hard! if you cause me troubletoo, i...i....i'll pull u down to die with me!"

MC: do u mean to say 'you'll destroy us both'

5237: fine so the term is 'destroy us both.' anyways this is ur first mission, it's not very hard, just do as i say and u'll pass for sure!

MC: understood *nods obediently*

5237: (not used to such a docile companion. most people are either too shrewd or ask for all sorts of weird requests so they can get more benefits. 5237 was used to his hosts giving him a whole bucnh fof talk/arguments so he's not used to MC being so quiet)

5237: actually, it's pretty good being a supporting male character. see, the ML and FL have to fight thru storms to see the rainbow and struggle but supporting males have it easy. they don't get involved in any deep feeling parts so all they have to do is show up once in a way to prove they still exist and then eat and drink their way thru the story. so free!'

MC: *nods in agreement*

5237 (in a better mood): right, right?! and any supporting male that can vie with the ML for the FL all come with high specs! rich wealthy handsome young masters are classicl supporting male leads! everyone says the ML is there to move along the plot while the supporting male is there to be loved! u have to kno, beyond these worlds there are so many girls who really truly love u!

MC: *nods seriously*

5237: most importantly, the only abusive part about being a supporting male is loving the FL to death. but if u can control urself, that won't abuse u! u can just pretend u're in love, it's really easy! & tho some supporting males die in the end, if u treat me well i can make sure u don't have such a bad end!

MC: *....nods again*

5237: u get good welfare too! if u complete the missions well, u'll get independent action. so if u really find someone u like, i can help you with them! hey....r u listening to me?

MC: ...huh? u finished talking? *blinks*

5237: ....am i that invisible?! qaq

-MC touches 5237's round, tear-streaked body to try to comfort hi, he quickly recovers

5237: enough! next is the first task! u have to fall in love with the FL at first sight! do u know what you hve to do?!

MC: i do. *nodding expressionlessly*

-MC stands up to smooth out his sleeves, he's dressed in wide red roles mbroidered with golden flowers, looking gorgeous and rich
    -he also has red lips and white skin, kinda like a fancy peacock, but his expression is just blank and kinda ruins the image
    -then MC goes in front of a mirror and prepares for the role, suddenly his eyebrows arch up, his eyes light up, and a seductive smile creeps onto his lips
    -basically he gets into his role perfectly as he opens his fan with a snap to tap against his lips
    -5237 is shocked by his transformation and suddenly feels confident about their mission

5237: so this is what a professionally customized (thing?) is like! altho he's usually a little spacey, he's as good as a movie emperor (really really good actor) when he gets into his role!
    (i'm starting to think the MC isn't human, sounds like he was 'created' to play these supporting roles or something....)

MC: is this fine? *narrows eyes seductively while speaking in a perfect rippling voice*

5237: De-Fi-Nite-Ly-fine~ *is even more into it than the MC*

MC: then let's set off

-MC pushes door of room open and walks out, only to see his robes billowing behind him constantly in the air

MC: ....these robes are really long, they're really weird
    5237: no helping it, your first appearance has to be shocking! endure it a bit, it'll pass soon. *is flying by MC's side, i guess its form is some sort of round floating ball thing*

-meanwhile all the girls are blushing as MC passes them by (even some men too)
    -MC arrives in the middle of a marketplace when he's supposed to try assaulting a poor girl who's selling her body to pay for the costs of her father's funeral
    -then the FL appears to rebuke him and beat him up, causing his character to fall in love with her under the aboose
    -and then the story starts with all sorts of troubles and plots as he chases after the FL like a 6 year old on his first crush
    -5237 thinks the plot is old and predictable but MC doesn't care either way, since it's his first ever world everything still feels fresh to him

-while everyone's staring at his good looks, MC is admiring the stores while 5237 explains to him what everything is and how they work since MC is 'as blank as a white sheet of paper'
    (now it really sounds like MC isn't humna...huh....)
    -soon the MC ends up buying a woven bracelet and a little clay figure; it's a little OOC for him but 5237 didn't refuse him after seeing MC's sparkling eyes
    (yeah okay i'm 99% certain he's not human now)
    -they finally reach the place where the story's supposed to start, MC's hands is full of stuff he bought as he stares at the girl crying in front of her dead father with a troubled expression

5237: who told you to buy so many things? *ignores the fact that he forgot to remind the MC as well*
    MC: then what should i do? i don't really want to throw them away....
    5237: how about you find someone to hold them for you first? so annoying, why do you have to show up by yourself in this scene? there's not even a single guard with you, this isn't scientific at all!
    MC: that's because if i brought my guards with me, the FL would be the one getting beat up instead
    5237: .......
    ???: *cough* do you need help?

-MC turns and sees the first person in the world who's gotten close to him after all this time

???: you look like you're having some trouble? you want to do something but you don't have any hands, right?
    -speaker is a handsome man dressed in ordinary clothes, he appears very kind
    ???: i can help you hold onto them
    -MC pauses before giving the man all his stuff before heading for the mourning girl

5237: .....hold on....hold on, this is the wrong development!
    END CHAPTER 1

okay i will go away now before i die of embarrassment ahhhhhh

17. WagKalimutan

WagKalimutan Mpreg Lover, Married To Yaoi

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I also find it hard to find spoiler threads coz the name of translation Title differs a lot.

mmem and kasen like this.
  18. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kasen likes this.
  19. 324722

324722 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What makes you think he was created?? How did you go to that conclusion? Could you explain it to me ? Because as far as I’ve have read he didn’t see like someone who was created.from what I could tell from reading the story with google translate.

20. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use the +Quote or Reply function in each post when you're replying. There's many people and many posts in this thread.