It is a lot worse than we thought

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Wujigege, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It is shocking the extent to the predatory practices by companies. I recall all the Apple fanboys who worship the company saying it is the best and puts customer experience first... ooh user experience as they call it

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah this one's an oldie.

It's just the law taking it's time with all the money Apple has.

Cite, Wujigege, Scrya and 3 others like this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    bad apple~
    really bad apple!

hmm?
    wait sound familiar~

kenar, AliceShiki, King0Mik and 7 others like this.
  4. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    They slowed down owned iPhone through software update.

Wujigege and Femme Fatale like this.
  5. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    They prey on users ignorance, that has been their whole business model. They were just better at marketing it....like FB and other platforms. It's why I prefer PC's. :D As soon as I could, I learned to upgrade my machines, etc. :cautious::cautious:

King0Mik, Paps, Cite and 2 others like this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Apple also tries to confuse the judge that refurbish is equal to plagiarism

King0Mik, Cite, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  7. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys should watch the movie “Pirates of Silicon Valley”

None of them have ever been “good” people you know? They are companies. Look up to individuals like Ada and Babbage instead xD

otaku31 and Wujigege like this.
  8. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody really believe a company that has a symbol based on a fruit representing human demise to the hand of devils is going to help you keep your hard-earned money?

My kids believe in unicorns, I think my kids will get their wishes from those creatures before these apple fan boys are not being extorted by Apple anymore....

PS:
    Samsung has a pretty reasonable 3rd party repairs, they even enable shops to buy parts from them without getting any bullshit repair shop authentication program...
    My advices to people? If you're new to tech, buy an Apple product, great for learning. After that thing is broken, run away from Apple like the plague if you still want to keep your money. Coz they'll nickle and dime you for turning your own damn light in your house if they can get away from it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Paps, Cite, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I would understand if HP did this with their horrible profit margins but Apple already has huge profit margins.
    I guess fanatics make great customers. I always found the whole thing odd years ago before all this was exposed. I recall the whole Android vs Apple debate on places similar to XDA when I did a lot of rooting and the likes.
    I didn't get how a phone without simple features like Bluetooth file sharing was so popular. I remember when that was a paid app about a decade ago

hammer, Paps and Femme Fatale like this.
  10. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing new, unfortunately. Scummy practices by tech companies (see old Microsoft cases) are probably as old as the companies themselves. Nowadays, companies like Facebook and Google make good use of the politicians' lack of understanding about the tech world. Not only the companies, certain darker parts of governments abuse it as well.

If anything, the already large profit margins and cult surrounding their company only increases their greed. I call it greed because it goes beyond just selling things with a large markup. Makes me think of the Ford (?) case, where they shipped cars with defects causing deaths ... knowingly. They had calculated that paying for the "damages" was cheaper than recalling and fixing everything. Disregard for the intent of the law, disregard for morals.

11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I see two extremes
    1. A group who are fanatics and oblivious or refuse to believe that they are being extorted
    2. A group who loves companies giving them free stuff and are naive enough to believe that free actually works

I only trust companies that make a profit with realistic goals.
    I remember paying $199 for Megavideo back then.
    Dumb decision but I never believed getting things for free was sustainable.
    I look at viki.com
    The more I learn Chinese the more I see that their subtitles are riddled with errors. There is always a price to pay, quality in this case for free stuff.
    When you start getting more important parts of the story lost in then it defeats the purpose.
    Viki now charges and still uses volunteers.
    It's crazy.
    Oh well, given the other extreme who are stupid enough to think that free works. Viki will soon turn into lnmtl.
    When translation gets so bad that it becomes an entirely different story lol

Eg
    • Don't you ever do that
    • Don't you dare do that
    One word and very different meanings lol

justmehere likes this.
  12. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they didn't mention about it being good or bad
    like it or not doesn't matter
    you paid and won't get your money back
    and your link doesn't show up

13. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Their whole brand is a scam.

King0Mik, Wujigege and Femme Fatale like this.
  14. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno about other people,

But I stopped using hp ink jet printers after Epson shows their ink tank tech. (after I can't use the printer on an HP aio just because the scanner was busted, I snapped) BTW don't be fooled by hp claiming small margins, a guy figured out the inks that we pay in tens of dollars are costing hp about 11 cents...

I really wish tech companies work like the manufacturing/tool companies in the old days. Some brand names like Bosch, etc are still in the market because they make good products, not because they can nickle and dime the hell out of their customers so they still have healthy profit margin. People need to realize sometimes a good after market service of a product is the greatest marketing tool, especially in the age of youtube...

Wujigege and reagents 11 like this.
  15. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was nvr dumb enough to buy something cause of its brand so i lose nothing of value desu~

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    At my work, if you want a work mobile, you have to get an apple.
    Because of this, I don't have a work mobile. I would rather cut off my right arm than own an apple product.\

If I were evil despot of the world, owning an apple product would be an executable offense, and all of their staff will be sent to the salt mines *nod nods*

kenar, King0Mik and reagents 11 like this.
  17. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't even have to dig hard.

Their filth is already in plain sight, but not being promoted causes it to float unnoticed.

I had to make a presentation about Amazon and read right off the wiki page about their almost slave like treatment of their employees.

Didn't believe it so I check the internet and find dozens of cases of horrible mistreatment and conditions Amazon employees are subjected to everyday.

As well as cases where they almost died and got fired for it. ( Don't take my word for the last one, this was 2 years ago. )

King0Mik and reagents 11 like this.
  18. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Like how Video game companies say "PLAYER CHOICE" while shoving micro-transactions down your throat.

Wujigege likes this.
  19. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh. And here I am reading chinese webnovel on my chinese smartphone. I used to own an Iphone 5S. But the battery life is making me mad. Then I switched to android and tried Xiaomi because it's super cheap and got a big battery. Best decision of my life. And now I change my phone like twice a year just for fun because chinese smartphone is really cheap and provide good specs.

20. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never understood why people would want to buy their obscenely over price junk anyway.

Wujigege likes this.