Spoiler its has been 3(hundred).. years and i cannot forgive the ending of TWGOK

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by otoshi-god, Aug 25, 2017.

?

Do you liked the ending?

1. Yes

36.0%
  2. No

64.0%
  1. craftygnome

craftygnome Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are always going to be readers disappointed, when a manga with so many heroines, doesn't take the easy harem ending. That being said , I initially never would have been happy with Chihiro. However as Keima and Chihiro's relationship became closer in the final arc, I began to like her more. Her character invoked an emotional response in myself, making me not want to see her hurt and hoping for her happiness.

2. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I liked Chihiro but I thought she wasn't the most suitable for ending up as Keima's girl. :sweating_profusely: I was disappointed when it was revealed that there wasn't a goddess inside of her though. :notlikeblob:

3. LostArc

LostArc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still remember reading it back then and was quite satisfied with the ending. The ending was rather appropriate and I am glad the author chose someone instead of nobody. Let’s be serious here, were any of the other girls compatible with him? No. You have to remember that when he was conquering the girls, he never approached them as his true self but as someone else in order to increase the likelihood of conquering them. He even felt a lot of regret about it, if you remember reading the manga, because he believed that his conquest had an influence on them even after they forgot about it, which made it feel not genuine. The only girl who actually got to know him and fell in love with him was Chihiro and that’s why she was the winner. This is similar to the Rem vs Emilia controversy because the readers are not thinking about the perspective of the main character but their own desires.

otoshi-god likes this.
  4. Artesia

Artesia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping he would hook up with the teacher at the end, never liked the one he ended up with

otoshi-god likes this.
  5. Nieverto

Nieverto +(•‿• )+ Not shiny, special +( •‿•)+

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted ayumi ending :cry:

otoshi-god likes this.
  6. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TWGOK is an LN? I thought it was a manga originally. Woah. Also, I think I thought the ending was fine originally. I thought chihiro was fine. My favorite girl early on was the idol though. She was the first idol character I saw in a harem/in anime so at the time, I was like wow that was an interesting arc. Now I know, that she was super generic, but that still doesn't change my first impression. :p

7. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    so i read the manga again, i am still mad :blobexpressionless:, i am gonna imagine different ending routes:
    the name says it; only "demon girl's" Harem
    HAREM with the goddesses
    {sub path "True god of love"}
    the goddesses sacrifice half of their divine power and make keima a god with the concept of Love
    with the magic of armor plot, having all of the erased memories of all of the conquest targets return and form the Unlimited Harem Works
    we know this ending all to well, Only 2D Girls
    {sub path "True Love"}
    with the power of armor plot Yokkyun comes to life
    And the individual endings for each character; with all type of wincest and onii-chan relationships

8. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    For me my preferred waifu candidates were Ayumi (track & field), Kanon (idol, got stabbed), Nikaido (sensei/imouto, I cried in that one chapter where they talked in some shed), Hakua (Elsie's friend), Shiori (librarian)...and that restaurant nee-chan who had a cameo during the festival.

No for Elsie (only after all the reincarnated evil crap) and Yui (for a certain obvious reason).

Tenri doesn't seem really infatuated (with the note that was given to her), but I'm certain her counterpart Goddess is.

I don't hate the ending because I know Keima
    He isn't an awesome hero destined for a great heroine, but a normal guy who'd feel bad if he dates someone
    he made to suffer with those Weiss attracting tapes.

Damn man why did you have to remind me of that crap.

EDIT:
    For some reason I still remember 'Elucia de Lute Ima'

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  9. darkofficer

darkofficer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah F*CK THAT SHIT i hated that they forget who haque was