LCD It's not Meguro-san's first time

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by pass1478, Oct 22, 2020.

1. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    IT'S NOT MEGURO-SAN'S FIRST TIME
    [​IMG]

Third-year high school student Makoto Koga decides to confess to his crush, the school's most beautiful girl, second-year Saki Meguro. To his surprise, she agrees to date him. But what surprises him even more is her following words: "I'm not a virgin."

Unbeknownst to Koga, the surprisingly passive Meguro has the reputation of being the lascivious "easy girl" at school, not rejecting any boy that approaches her and having gone through multiple boyfriends.

Will Koga persevere?
    Will he fare any differently than the rest?
    How will Meguro react to Koga, a boy who, for once, actually approached her before he knew of her reputation?

2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 36 ended with such a spicy cliff-hanger. Once again, the wait begins. Hopefully next update won't take too long. If anyone got chapter 37, please do tell me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  3. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Ntr?

4. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Just a manga about a girl who's been in a ton of relationships but has no genuine experience with love, at least until now. It's very sweet, just that some drama and misunderstanding is sprinkled here and there, so it can sometimes be annoying.

People tend to instantly judge the manga negatively just 'cause of its premise, but I do hope they read before judging.

5. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been reading this since chap 1 came out but now I feel dumb reading it. Firstly, the girl never learnt anything from any previous relationship of hers. This felt really weird since one grows coming out of a relationship and you cannot argue about it as even if the relation is physical (aka they only want Meguru's body), she shall have the brain to realize that. The author is trying hard to make us sympathise with the girl but there's no trait to even connect with. The whole part of being super dumb is too lame. Secondly, why so much development with this guy who doesn't have any trait except being beta and the usual "kind" nature. This had a lot of potential but now it has become meh. Truly meh!
    Open for discussion

ShawonH likes this.
  6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    That's only the case if there was an actual investment in the relationship and that if you were willing to learn. She obviously didn't learn because she didn't take the initiative to learn, neither was she particularly invested in her past relationships. She's grown apathetic towards it, thinking these relationships don't really matter.

I'd say this is due to her innate passive and meek nature, someone who's willing to be led around whilst fully aware they are being led around. Koga's appearance changed that, or at least is in the path to changing that. The appearance of someone she truly cares about has made her realise that if she truly cares about someone, she should take the initiative, be more active and not just be some sort of item or ornament. She didn't treasure anyone back then, just as much as she didn't treasure herself. Now, she finally found someone to treasure, and she finally is also treasuring herself.
    Is... that like a complaint or something? That's a good thing, if I remember correctly. And plus, Meguro's getting just as much, if not more, development as compared to Koga, present chapter says it all.

Koga's character is just like Meguro's, yet not at the same time. They both have meek and passive natures, but unlike Meguro's apathy, Koga's is leaning more on pessimism and/or negtivity. If Meguro's thoughts on relationship was that, "there's nothing to look forward to," then Koga's is, "it's just gonna fail." Though, that was in the past, they have each other now, and they're slowly learning.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  7. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 37 was a very sweet and sugary treat. Yay for development. :blobsmilehappyeyes:
    MC's male friend was also the MVP this time around, he may have accidentally caused some misunderstandings in an attempt to further Meguro's and Koga's relationship, but he "fixed" it and inadvertently made the couple understand each other more, further making their bonds closer. Best wingman ey.

I'm glad the author didn't try to milk that scene with drama and all that bitter stuff. Entered expecting, left satisfied. Definitely worth the wait.

8. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I would disagree with your argument. Your interpretation may be right but I feel joga as a character is shallow, very shallow.
    Regarding the development, I meant, why so much Dev in meguro with a weakest charactered. I feel like meguro herself had a very weak character/personality. Also, koga being a wimp is not equivalent to saying he's caring and is considering for consent whilst not trying to go to the next level.

9. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, how is he a wimp? Just because someone doesn't have confidence, doesn't mean they're a wimp. The fact that he's able to confess to Meguro and stay with her whilst fully aware of her past and reputation says a lot about his character, and a wimp isn't one of them.

Second, you're right, being a wimp does not equal being caring, but there was neither the mention of that nor the implication of it in my previous comment, but it's not wrong to say he's a kind and caring person.

And lastly:
    Please clarify as to what you mean by that, I don't really understand.

10. ShawonH

ShawonH Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate those who don't treasure themselves.Inquire everything before giving your chastity. Don't let others to fool you around! Meguro is বহুত বড় মাগি!!! waste of such a innocent boy's emotions

11. Sug Madig

Sug Madig New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHO TOOK MEGURO'S VIRGINITY?
    She said she ain't a virgin in chapter one. Was she raped or did she have sex with all her partners before mc?

I'm so curious about it but nearly everything I see in chapters are just romance between mc and fmc. I think the author doesn't give a f about her losing virginity which the manga name is about.

12. mirukii

mirukii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh the author tries too hard on emphasizing how experienced meguro is at "romantic relationships" contrary to the inexperienced koga, and while others may find it cute or wholesome, i think that its such a douche move because its the same as going on a date on some restaurant and telling your current girlfriend about how you went there with your ex last time. It is downright rude to slap it to the face of your partner especially considering if it is their first time being in a relationship, in any case, the manga goes wrong on so many levels, not because i am not a fan of a female lead being experienced on those sort of things but rather, the execution done on this type of premise wherein we, the readers are expected to sympathize of the "pitiful" FL who never experienced love YET for some reason always goes out with other men. Everything already went up to flames the moment when their relationship isnt met with sincerity and that alone took away the reason for us to sympathize with meguro.And regarding koga, he is pretty much a one dimensional character tasked to be 'kind' with a virgin loner trait in order for meguro to fall in love with him, so basically, its a story of an hypocritical FL with a beta MC.