Resolved I've been on a novel reading hiatus for a few months...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by pokeperson1000, Jul 9, 2019.

1. pokeperson1000

pokeperson1000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, so this is a Japanese story.

So a person reincarnates into another world as a child, given cheat abilities by the goddess that he felt reluctant to use, grows up being raised by an old man former adventurer, sets out on a laidback journey, encounters a (magic? i think) beast egg (these types of beasts of various species are supposedly raised to eventually be mounts) (this one eventually hatches into a cat beast), encounters a merchant(?) on the way to the city, becomes an adventurer, and joins an academy open to both commoners and nobles.

... was the cat named Feles? I think the cat was named Feles. (70% sure. Maybe it wasn't named Feles)

MC develops a bunch of inventions for the merchant family to sell. He stays at their house/inn (can't remember...)

at some point he takes a request to take care of a beast pet of a certain family, the servant in charge of supervising/paying him is corrupt. Later the Ojou that the owner of the beast is revealed to be corrupt as well. (the type to believe she is entitled to what she wants and will discard whatever things that no longer interest her. during the festival, she practically demands that the MC hand over his cat beast, even carelessly saying she'd give him her own beast in exchange.

He meets an elf at some point, she introduces him to the rest of her party, and at some point later on, they tell him that they're looking for a certain dwarf to repair a weapon. Said dwarf had apparently sworn off smithing or something like that.

Later on, there's a festival of some kind, and he opens a stall selling food that he made.

2. pokeperson1000

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevermind, I got a text from a friend who was helping me.

3. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    name please ^^

4. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please :(

5. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont cry. It will all be over soon.

6. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but i want to know the name :(

7. pokeperson1000

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you've already found it by now, it's been a year and a half already, but just in case, it's called "Shut-in Magician"
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/shut-in-magician/
    Though the translators seem to have dropped it long ago

judeiiro likes this.