Just Another Short Story

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Bad Storm, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem to have a bad habit of ending it in a not so good way :blobpeek:

2. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love to see Bad Storm write comedy.

3. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be a flop... :blobdead::blobdead:

Maybe that will the punchline:blobjoy:

4. EloiSnow

EloiSnow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he really not write any comedy?
    Try please. Comedies are good because they make us smile.

Bad Storm and Silver Snake like this.
  5. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    *chuckles*

Erm, we'll see. I just write when inspiration strikes. Lazy is life xD

Silver Snake and EloiSnow like this.
  6. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. Glad you like it.

9. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mind me, I'm just moving some stories...

And there he came, blazing right through the door, like a death god who's about to lay down his judgement. The door hit the wall with loud bang, the 21 guns of my absolutely fantastic day.

Kinda funny. He was all things I expected him to be and more. I was pretty sure my standards for people are low, guess there's something lower... who would have thought?

He pulled off the last thing that's keeping me sane - my earphones- and threw it haphazardly on the floor. As the music stops playing inside my head, I feel like I lost one more screw that keeps me barely whole.

He screams and he shouts. I kept quiet all the way. He asks questions and he voices out opinions. I still did not speak a word. I just kept silent. My voice lost among the myriad of thoughts drowning me in misery beneath the stoic facade.

I was silent.

But I wasn't still.

My left thumb obsessively scratches a small portion of my right palm as he goes on in his tirade of venomous words and barb-filled condemnation.

He speaks, I scratch.
    He shouts, I scratch.
    He questions, I scratch.

I scratch and scratch and scratch as if capturing all the bursts of emotions that fills my heart and echoes madly in my head in that simple gesture.

I scratch and scratch and scratch, focusing all my attention in that action in hopes of drowning the noise around the world in the absence of music, my lifeline.

But it wasn't enough. Even as my palm starts to bleed and pain crawls slowly up my skin, the words he says wasn't drowned at all. I still hear them. I still hear the way his tone rises up. I still hear the way his words imply my defectiveness. I still hear everything and more.

I was right. I knew this would happen. But man, it still hurts like hell.

I knew his words would send me spiraling further and further beneath the surface. It's was like falling into a hole in the middle of a frozen lake, just as I thought I see an opening to rise up from, it freezes. And there I was, trapped, cold and dying.

I'm trapped. They never understood that. I wonder if they ever really tried because if they did, they must suck at understanding more than I suck at speaking...

It was only just yesterday when I found myself lost in the virtual world, searching the worst things you could say to a depressed person. Reading about those is painful. The way their simple truth resonates too much is not something I'm proud of.

It was just yesterday.

One day after that, here I was, experiencing and hearing them first hand. If reading about those words can be liken to a sharp knife plunged straight to my heart, hearing them is like being peeled with a rusty and dull serrated knife one excruciating inch at a time. The pain was unlike no other I've experienced before.

We were caught in that standstill, him still speaking like the calloused righteous brute with the higher moral ground that he is and me still silently breaking apart with every single word he speaks. It was technically a stalemate. No one's really gaining the advantage. No one's really winning. But it was still obvious who's doing the checking and who's getting checked in this game of twisted chess.

Then, he got pissed off. He got mad for he got nothing but silence for an answer. But I never stopped digging into my own palm. I was caught mesmerised at how easy it is for humans to bleed. Humans are so fragile.

A few moments later, he was done with his lecture. Just as he blazed inside like a raging bull, he went out with the same vigor, he was still raging. Even the last words he threw rammed straight right through me. As if the wrecked he left isn't already enough.

Humans are more fragile than some think. We bleed, hurt and die. It's a simple truth. But funny enough, some never realized how simple it is to push people right at the edge of a cliff and leave them hopeless enough that they'll jump on their own.

(D20.18)

melomarl and HNCKrstl like this.
  10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    ...And another >.>

On a roof deck, a girl sits on the thin metal railings, feet dangling a few meters off the ground.

'The sky looks different from here. It's more blue.'

True. The sky looks more blue from where she sits. Unhindered by the gray concrete walls, taller than the verdant trees, she sees nothing but the sky, vast and boundless. As if to swallow her whole with its weightless embrace as it spreads all-around her tiny figure.

"She looks lonely," a hidden cloud creature said.

"But she's doing that thing humans call smiling," the other cloud creature rebuked.

Cloud creatures are ethereal spirits born out of clouds. In a quick glance, they may look like normal clouds, seemingly white and fluffy. However, if one is to look closer, cloud creature are more like cotton with wings made of barely seen light than a simple cloud.

At this moment, the two cloud creatures were studying the girl on the roof deck. Curious creatures, they are. A symbol of their youth.

"She is smiling... but it does not look happy," the first cloud creature said doubtfully before shooting a gaze at the cloud creature sprinting in the skies to take a closer look at the girl. "Oi, we're not allowed near humans!"

"It'll be fine! I'm just observing hehe," the other cloud creature shouted back.

With a sigh, the first cloud creature followed the second cloud creature to make sure it won't make a mess. Of course, it was grumbling about rule breakers all the way.

A few moments after, the two cloud creatures were only a few meters away from the girl. The second cloud creature was going round and round her to satisfy its curiosity.

She has her long black hair tied in a bun. Her face arranged into a happy and content expression yet her eyes are unfocused... lifeless.

The second cloud creature was confused and thus asked its friend, "Is she alive? I can't feel a hint of life force."

"She's alive," the first cloud creature answered but after a long pause it added, "but probably not for long."

"She's too young. Young in humans standards, that is. She looks healthy, too. What do you mean she won't be alive for long?"

"Look at her heart and soul. It's fragmented. She would die soon."

The second cloud creature paused from pacing around in circles and stared at the girl.

"Humans can fix broken hearts! They have those metal, wires and plastic thing in their cold and big white houses where people in white lives all the time."

After hearing that statement, the first cloud creature looked closely at the girl. Looking for something, scrutinizing what can be scrutinize.

"Not everyone can be fixed," it said before turning its back on the girl.

As it starts to move away, a small sob echoed loudly from behind. The girl with a broken heart and soul was crying. One of her hands swiped at the tears; the other, maintaining its hold on the railing. It was piercing, the sound of sorrow coming from the girl. Deeply, it burrowed itself into the mind of the two cloud creatures hovering in the air.

The first cloud creature turned back and saw one shocking scene: the second cloud creature flying less than a meter away in front of the girl. Horror masked the first cloud creature's face before it sped up to the roof deck. Trying to reach the two before something irrevocable happens.

"Don't cry."

The sound directly inside her head startled the girl. Tears still on her face, she looked around to see where it came from. Seeing nothing, she gave herself a mocking laugh, "I'm going crazy."

"How is it that you're laughing even though you don't look happy?" The second cloud creature scrunched it's non-existent brows and spoke again.

This time, the girl noticed the strange pillow-size cloud hovering in front of her. It was white, the kind of white the girl has never seen before. It looks like cotton candy, with something seemingly shimmering behind it. She can't make out what that was though.

'Ethereal. It looks like a cloud but it doesn't feel like one.'

"Cloud? Are you a talking cloud?"

"Hmph! Those floating water isn't comparable to me. I'm more noble!" Then it muttered to itself quietly, "humans are stupid."

The shocked girl lost her words. She must be really going crazy she thought. But suddenly recalling her current situation, maybe crazy isn't that bad. Anything is better than her current reality.

"Fluffy Cloud why are you talking to me?"

"I find you pitiful so I'm gonna teach you how to be happy!" it confidently declared.

"How?"

"Close your eyes."

She doesn't know why but she followed the voice inside her head and closed her eyes. The sight of the clear blue sky is replaced by a darkness so deep she felt like she is nothing but an amalgamation of thoughts. One minute. two minutes. Five minutes passed. It is still dark. She prepared to open her eyes when suddenly, she felt the ground disappear.

She was falling. At this point, the darkness around her was replaced by a resplendent orange hue, the color of the sky at the break of dawn. But more magical. Much more magical. As she falls, she sees the city of glass and concrete get painted by the sun. Like a wonderful dream, everything was dyed in tangerine.

She was silent before the magnificent view. Her descent slowed down until she stopped mid-air. Stepping on the nothing but thin air, she sees the world from a whole new perspective.

"What is this?" Awe evident in her voice.

A prideful tone answered her, "It's the world. The world as I see it."

If cloud creatures can smirk, the second cloud creature is might be doing so right now. And probably puffing out its imaginary chest, too.

"We're just starting."

As if on cue, the view changed once more. The orange sky turned to an iridescent blue, rushing all around her as if in fast forward. Never had she seen the blue sky change into multitude shades of blue. Deeper and deeper into the color spectrum it dived.

Time flashed by. Abruptly, the sky turned a deep red. Like it was dyed by the blood of gods in the heavens above. Fear crept into the girl's thoughts, clawing at her in desperation. But along with that fear was a hint of worship. She was conquered the beauty of the world she has never seen.

The blood soaked sky didn't last long and the world was submerged in a cold darkness once more. No stars, no moon. Just darkness. However, for reasons unbeknownst to her, she felt at peace - happy even - for she experienced a life she never would have thought possible in her wildest dreams.

Slowly, her eyes opened, and the familiar vast blue sky greeted her sight. She's back to the roof deck once more.

"Are you happy now?" the cloud creature whispered softly in her head.

"Yes. Thank you."

With that she finally let go of the railings and fell to her death. When people found her body on the ground, it was miraculously without any hint of wound or trauma, as if she just crumpled to the garden on the sidewalk while walking. Her hair now spread at her back, a genuine smile on her face.

'She probably died while sleeping on the grass. Poor child. Still at her prime.'

Back on the roof deck, the first cloud creature caught up with the two just as the girl let loose her hold on the railings.

It was, in every sense of the word, too late.

"Why?" It sorrowfully questioned the second cloud creature.

The second cloud creature turned its gaze on its mournful friend as its body slowly scatter to the wind. Cloud creatures aren't supposed to show themselves to humans, much less talk to them. Their very existence will be shaked to the core and the world would claim back their essence as a result.

In short, they will die.

"Why?" The first cloud creature shouted while melancholy infuses with its voice.

"Not everyone can be fixed," the second cloud creature repeated what its friend said from before. "But some people deserve to be happy, even in the face of death."

The last whiff of the second cloud creature's body dispersed in the sky. The last speck of light from its wings faded out as well. The second cloud creature is no more.

(Ja15.19)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  11. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I shouldn't leave the inferior sequel, right?

"He's been there since yesterday."

"Really? Isn't the the grave of that girl that died in the hospital's garden?"

"Yes, it is. I heard that he's her only family left. Fate can be cruel sometimes, now he's all alone."

"Poor child."

Two voices from the distance drifted to the boy's ears, and indifferently, he listened.

'If they want to gossip, I don't care,' he thought to himself.

The boy, alone in that wide expanse of private burial grounds, leaned his back to his older sister's newly erected headstone. Paying no heed to the strange and pitying gazes from other people, he just blankly gazed at the gray sky. Thick, dark clouds hides away the blue sky and yellow sun.

"Sis," he whispered under his breath. He's not waiting for a response. He's not waiting for answers. But nonetheless, he felt the need to ask, "why did you leave me?"

Tears silently rolled down his face. Sobs escaped his mouth. The weight of grief chains him down in his sister's grave. He did not sleep. He did not eat. He just stayed there from night til late afternoon staring, waiting, for the rain to fall. With how dark the sky is, it's no surprise if cats and dogs would start falling from above any moment.

There he was, blankly waiting for the rain.

A week. That's how long it has been since the girl and second cloud creature faded out of existence. The boy at grave isn't the only one possessed by intense sorrow, there was the first cloud creature, too.

Cloud creatures are ethereal spirits born out of clouds. They have no family. And the number of cloud creatures on Earth is no more than fifty. You can't expect a huge number, after all just because the world's essence gathered into a single place, doesn't mean that a cloud creature will be born. Most of the time, these lumps of essencesl don't grow consciousness but instead, scatter once again. Waiting for the next time. Waiting for the right opportunity to coalesce into a bona fide cloud creature.

But so what?

Does it matter that their number is low? Does it matter that they have no family?

It does. If chances dictates you will live your entire life alone, drifting in the void aimlessly until you die, wouldn't meeting a fellow cloud creature be nothing short of miracle?

"Meeting you was the best thing that happened in my life." The first cloud creature said to the wind, hoping against odds that the wind carries its words to wherever its friend disappeared to. "But at the same time, it's the worst thing, too."

"I was fine alone. I was doing good, going where the wind takes me, enjoying the scenery, the humans' stupidity. I was fine. Not happy but not sad either." The anger inside the first cloud creature welled up. "Then you came. You only came to leave me alone. What do I do with the empty space beside me now?"

A week has passed. Neither the boy or the cloud creature had their grief lessened even a whisp.

Aimlessly, the first cloud creature wandered. Trying to find happiness in things it did before it met its friend. It went around the city, and saw a stray black cat. It was a beautiful cat, too beautiful that it didn't seem a stray at all. Fur as dark as the night sky, feet white as summer clouds, it sits majestically on the same roof deck where the cloud creatures met the girl.

"Meow, " the cat gazes straight at the first cloud creature, it eyes trying to convey something.

Surprised, the cloud creature studied the black cat, "You can see me?"

For the first time in a week, the cloud creature does not feel so alone.

"Meow," the cat answered back. Whether it's a yes or a no, no one will ever know. After meowing once more, the cat jumped down from the roof deck into the ground. Coincidentally, it the same path the girl took to her one trip ride to afterlife. But unlike the girl the cat landed safely, effortlessly, on the garden's grass covered ground.

For the first time after its friend's death, the cloud creature's interest was piqued. And so, it decided to follow the cat.

"Nothing to do anyway," it reasoned out.

The first place the cat went to was the riverside. It casted its solemn gaze on the calmly coursing water. Smooth and continuously, the river flows, not minding the changing city, not minding the shifting time, it just flowed as it always has.

"What are you looking at, Black Cat?" The cloud creature subconsciously asked, forgetting for a second that the cat can't talk.

"Meow." The cat seemed to answer back but never did it took its gaze away from the water.

"You're right, it is amazing to look at."

The two of them, the cat and the mystical cloud creature, watched the water from dawn until noon. Though the sky didn't lightened up due to the thick clouds, time still passed by. The cloud creature felt at peace.

Abruptly, the cat stood up from its position and turned its back from the river. It headed straight to a seafood restaurant a few blocks away. A chef, smoking at the back alley, blew out a puff of smoke before speaking with his heavily accented voice, "Ho ho, Blacky, you're here again to demand food from me, huh? Wait a bit."

The black cat is well known in this area. Everyday, it gazes at the river from dawn until noon before going to different food shops to ask for food. It's elusive, never had anyone succeeded in capturing it and bring it home; not for the lack of people who tried either.

"Here you go. Uncle Rodolfo cooked a good fish for you," the chef came back carrying a bowl with a large slab of cooked salmon, "not that you can eat much fish. I've read somewhere that cats are prone to fish allergies..."

While Chef Rodolfo rambled on, the black cat contentedly ate the salmon. Though it usually prefer the chicken from across the street, today is one of those rare days when it craves fish. The cloud creature studied the cat. It was smart, that's for sure. Just the way it knows where and whom to demand food from shows the intellect behind its multi-faceted eyes.

"Meow," the cat said as if thanking the chef, Rodolfo, for its lunch before jumping away back to the direction of the hospital.

The cloud creature followed the cat once more, growing more curious at where the cat plans to go.

"Oh, it's not going back to the hospital."

Unexpectedly, the cat went somewhere further south than the hospital - the graveyard. It jumped from grave to grave, as if playing hopscotch with the dead. Further and further inside, it traveled, until it reached a huge plot of private land at the deepest part of the graveyard.

There was a boy staring blankly at the dark clouds while leaning on a gravestone there. The cloud creature curiously inspected this boy. He was young and obviously well taken care of. His clothes, though dirty, looks a bit more on the expensive side. His short black hair looks a bit messy, as if he ran his hands through it multiples times, but it was well maintained.

The cloud creature doesn't know why but it feels a connection with this boy. As if, their souls mirror each other in unbearable misery.

'He lost his world, too.' The cloud creature thought.

"Meow."

The cat draw the boy's eye from the silently mourning sky. As if he was hit by lightning in broad daylight, astonishment filled his startlingly blue eyes.

"Noir? Is that you?" His voice brimming with wonder resounded in the now empty cemetery. "You came back!"

Before he even rose from where he sat, the cat, Noir, jumped into his lap. It made itself comfortable so naturally as if it has done so for a thousand times already.

The boy lifted the cat with his hands, not minding the weak protest that the cat made. In his sight, he saw a crescent moon shaped patch of white fur on the side of its neck.

"It's really you."

A few months ago, Noir disappeared from the house. No one knew why. No one knew where it went. They just woke up one day and it was gone. Their family of three became two. And when his sister died, he's left alone. No family. The future bleak.

"It's really you." There was laughter in his trembling voice, "I'm no longer alone."

Tears once more started streaming down his face. This time, it's no longer sorrowful. He's simply overwhelmed with emotions and relief. Hugging the black cat tightly to his chest, "Don't leave me again."

The whole scene was witnessed by the cloud creature.

"I ought to be happy, right?"

But it is not. There's not an ounce of joy in the cloud creature's soul. Even though the black cat found its way back home, the cloud creature only felt envy eating away at him. An ugly jealousy at the fact that it no longer has anyone by its side. And its most treasure friend dispersed with the cold biting wind.

The boy rose from where he sat, the Black cat dangling cozily on his arm. He fixed the bouquet of bright sunflowers, his sister's favorite, before patting the dirt off his pants.

Suddenly, the rain started falling.

Near the entrance of the private plot, the cloud creature got drenched by the cold rain. Alone, it accepted the weight of the sky and let itself drown in the symphony of sorrow that plays on repeat inside its head.

All the while, the boy opened up the transparent umbrella he brought and shielded himself and Noir from the tears of the sky. A slight smile on his face, he faced the gravestone one last time, "I'll see you next time, sis."

The cloud creature gaze at the boy's back with an unreadable expression on its non-existent face. Of course, it heard the last thing the boy said before he left.

"Noir, let's go back. To our own home."

(Ja18.19)

HNCKrstl likes this.
  12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Warning: A bit dark. Just a bit. Really.

Ukiyo.

The floating world.

A floating world, huh.

Why is it that I imagine a landless world instead of an imaginary world free of all worries? Like a literal floating world with only the skies and the seas. And rainbow clouds.

People are floating about everywhere. Some with wings, some sans wings. They did nothing but have fun mid-air, floating, gliding, lounging freely. Nothing else.

Their eyes gleam too. As if they are in paradise. But it was all out of blissful ignorance. They don't know the horrors waiting in the cold dark seas. They are blind to the dark corners of the world. Or maybe they know. Maybe they know that once they fall down to the depths of the water, there's no turning back.

But they do not want to care. They don't give a damn. They are so busy having fun in the world-wide heaven of theirs.

Blinding lights, star-filled nights.
    Humans addicted to their wings,
    They all started falling mid-flights.

They all started falling.
    Down, down, down.
    To the cold dark seas.

That was the reality. Humans started falling one by one to the dark ocean. But no one cared.

Until one day, a monster rose up from the deepest part of the ocean. Pale faced, eerie green eyes, and dark blue hair absorbing the light of day; a monster in human skin. His pale lips smiles with a bottomless coldness, his laughs echo with freezing wrath upon these flimsy mortals parading with their wings.

"I learned to fly, too." His voiced traveled far and wide in the empty skies, but it never reached the ears of the winged heathens he would serve judgement to.

He stepped atop the waters, every step sending ripples into the still waters. He walked, bare feet touching the boundary between the skies and seas. Finally, he arrived below the biggest city in the sky. The monster bidding it's time inside his heart roared in mirth.

He stepped once more, this time on the air. The wind stayed still, freezing beneath his feet as he made up his way up to the blissfully ignorant humans. One step at a time, the floating world as they know it is coming to an end.

A winged kid floated down to him. Curiosity gleamed in his eyes, as he watched the monster of the sea.

"Mister, your eyes look like the ocean! Cool!"

The kid went around the man, studying every nook and corners of this strange wingless person with dark blue hair and bright green eyes. Once satisfied, the kid stopped in front of the man once more. All this time, the man didn't move. He didn't show any reaction. The playful smile he was sporting never moved or changed.

Until now.

The playful smile on the monster of the seas' face widened as he grabbed hold of the kid's neck. The playful smile became a full-blown grin as he ripped off the kid's pristine white wings from his back. The red blood sprayed everywhere, staining his hands, splotchings his face, dirtying the kids wings.

Without second thoughts, he then dropped the wings to the ocean. Unceasingly fall they did, until an inaudible splash heard only by the seas and sea creatures signaled that they're forever gone.

The man only grinned in reply to the utmost fright sculpted in the angelic features of the kid he caught in a chokehold, as if he and the kid was sharing an inside joke.

"P-Please. Don't k-kill me," the once curious face morphed into a sobbing tear-filled mess. The man continued to grin.

"It's okay," the man's voice, soft and melodic, reached the kid's ears. He stopped sobbing and so the man continued, "It more painless to die in my hands."

The black runes tattooed in the man's wrist projected outward. And where he touched started freezing. Frost crawled all over the now wingless kid's body and in no time, he was all frozen white. Within the next moment, the kid crumbled, bursting into snowflakes that scattered with the wind.

Painless. Yes, this is as painless as it could get.

The monster of the sea continued his ascent. An exiled crowned prince claiming back his throne. He stepped on the air and climb into the city. He was an unstoppable force, a tidal wave aiming to swallow the whole civilization up.

More and more humans saw him. Each showing a variety of expressions at his blood covered visage: Fear, apprehension, aggression, disgust. It doesn't matter. As still as the deep seas, there was not a ripple in his playfully smiling face.

Yet, he proceeded upward, undeterred and unfazed by everyone's gaze. They all watched him, whispering to themselves, speculating, guessing at his identity and purpose. There on the center stage, eyes focused on him like millions of spotlights.

Perhaps they didn't know yet.

This is the advent of destruction. The orchestra of blood and tears, of flesh and bones. And he will be the conductor, the eye of the storm amidst the cascade of bloodied feathers.

He opened his mouth one last time. His voice wasn't loud. It wasn't forceful either. However, everyone heard him clearly. And everyone was chilled to the bone despite his sunny smile.

"Mortals of the skies, die."

(J7.19)

HNCKrstl, Haerether and SummerForest like this.
  13. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    She was standing at the opposite edge of the crosswalk. Just a few meters away, only the black asphalt and white pedestrian separates the two of us.

This is the closest we've been in years. Time has taken its toll. No longer are we naive and innocent. No longer do we think that dreams come true. We've realized how this cruel world works, leaving humans to fend for themselves like savages in suits.

But standing here, just a few steps away from her, it struck me that some things never change. Us. This. My heart still race as fast as fireworks exploding in the sky. It's crazy. As if time never dulled the emotions she evokes in the deepest part of me. She makes my heart want to jump off my chest and crawl to her embrace. And it most certainly would. If not for the red light keeping my feet glued to the sidewalk, I might have already taken her into my arms, kissing those rosy lips senseless.

I glanced up at the glaring red numbers right next to her. Ten seconds. Ten more seconds before she can be mine again. No wait, she's always been mine. Mine alone. And I don't know is she knew, but I've always been hers. Mind, body and soul/ All of me is hers for the claiming.

Five seconds.

I started to wonder. What if she doesn't feel that same about us? What if she wants someone else from me now? Doubts, fear, irrationality starts to fill the dark recess of my mind. The black suit I'm wearing seeks to choke the air out of my lungs. The gold watch on my wrist seems heavier than lead, keeping my hand down, not reaching out to her.

I feel like the same foolish boy I have been, falling in love to the person I would never deserve. She was the best girl even then. Everyone knows it. She was beautiful, smart and definitely rich. She was destined to be at the center stage of the word. Her captivation hazelnut eyes gleaming like stars every time she smiles.

I never had the chance. That's what I told myself. That's what her father told me, too. Being that boy living in RV Park, I didn't belong in her world of glamour. I accepted this fact of life. She was never meant to be mine.

But she changed me. She took my hand and held me tight, never letting go. She made me see the potential in me. She made me realized that there's more to my life than stale bread and spare coins. She was willing to leave her world to be with me.

I was her everything. She was mine. But it wasn't the right time. Fate intervened and took her from me. And there was nothing we could do.

But never again. This time, I'm taking control of my destiny. I'll be the driver of my own car. I will never let her go. Not this time. Never again.

And the stoplight changed colors: from red to yellow, from yellow to green. It was only us crossing the street. Half-walking, half-running, we made our way towards each other. Where we belong. The only place we truly belonged to. I don't care about the riches I've made. She's the only thing I want. Ans now, I can have her. No one could say no anymore.

Pre-occupied with my thoughts, I only realized the screeching tires far too late. I stopped in my tracks, and saw the rushing van heading to the crosswalk. Out of control, driver unconscious. In the split second it took me to take a glance, I registered details about the car.

But my body didn't move. It froze right in the middle of the white lines. Fate sure has a cruel sense of humour, no? Letting me see her, only to not be able to feel her warm touch. I saw it happen. I felt it happen. The van hit me square on the abdomen, sending me meters away from the collision's ground zero.

"My love, I'm sor-"

Fudge, I'm dying.

(J6.19)

HNCKrstl, Haerether and SummerForest like this.
  14. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Half a story. For the love of yourself, don't read.

Snow Dust (Part 1)

Everyone has wondered how the earth would end.

Some believed that God would brandish his wrath and prosecute judgement on those he deemed unworthy. The fires of heaven would descend upon these mortals living in the clutches of the devils and demons. And all the while the earth as we know it accelerates towards utter destruction, the worthy would live in Paradise with God, in his house.

Others believed that it is the ire of nature that would lay havoc in every human machinations and chef-d'Ĺ“uvre. All the forest of steel, glass, and cement tended by our wight hands would bow down, and scatter like dust storm, in the face of rage-filled winds. The earth would split apart, swallowing great cities and whole countries, dragging these down to an abyss of heat and pressure where their history would forever be lost, forgotten.

We are dreamers. Humans are creatures filled with dreams and fantasies. Our wild imaginations are like beasts roaming, scavenging the ends of our conscious thoughts, for ways to feed our hungry minds with the echoes of our deepest dreams. All for the sake of realizing a world that fits our vision like perfectly crafted cogs.

However, no matter how extensive the human mind had been, no one was able to predict how the earth would end.

There were no flashes of light. No lightning of judgement falling down like hail. There was not even a sound, or a hint of a noise that served the role of the four horsemen of apocalypse.

The end the world was bleak.

I still remember. I was riding my bike home. The wind whooshing past, sending my hair in an endless gravity-defying moments. My knapsack quietly deposited in the metal basket in front. People and places rush pass in the corner of my eye as I focus my entirety in my rhythmic pedaling and the unevenly paved street. Biking uphill has never been easy, much less biking uphill in an uneven road.

The road leading to my house is the steepest part of the journey. With effort it still is manageable. I probably should get my licence. Driving the car would be far easier than biking, if only I'm not so in loved with the breeze that whizzes past me every time I'm biking full-speed.

One last push and I'm standing in front of our massive and intimidating gate. Wiping away the sweat trickling in my face, I rummaged through the bag for the key.

"Ah, there you go."

A bit on the heavy side, the silver dragon key chain has two things on it: the automatic key for the gate and the key to the front door. That's all the keys I need, after all Dad told me where he put one set of spare keys, inside a hallowed decorative block in the front porch deck.

I heard a soft click as I pushed the button of the automatic key, a few minutes later the black gate started moving on its own, letting me pass.

Finally, home sweet home.

And then, I blacked out.

(J9.19)

@SummerForest

HNCKrstl likes this.
  15. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't call it a comeback

16. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh?

17. Silver Snake

Reading List:
    Link
    *pretends to not hear*

18. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah it's only part of a prologue. Wanna continue?

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  19. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I would, when I arrive home. But I'm kinda afraid for the inspiration to fly away.

But it is good, right? The intro.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  20. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, in true SH style. It reminded me of a H.G. Wales story with similar topic.