Justified Murder

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 222222, Apr 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    What's with all the justified murders in the novels.

Author don't want the MC be a bad guy, so instead of blantanly killing people, author justified it by depicting the murder victim as a "bad guy who deserves to be murdered."

It doesn't help when the author is making the MC "pretending to be a Pig to eat the Tiger" just to make more of these "justified murders" happen.

It's like having a baby waving candy around asking to be robbed, but if you do, the baby is going to kill you. But it's ok, because it's justified. That's what you get for trying to steal candy from a baby.

Most conflicts won't happen in the first place is the MC stops pretending to be a "pig".

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to XianxiaLand.

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxia....when Wish-fulfilling at it's Maxed!

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  4. Lewisking50

Lewisking50 Voidseeker, King of literally nothing

Reading List:
    Link
    Murder is the act of illegally killing someone.
    If the author says it's alright to kill, for example, rapists in his world, then it's not murder, just killing.
    You have to remember that the worlds thought up by other people don't necessarily follow the same moral rules and laws we have in our real world.

5. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Lot of MC have no balls to begin with. And They are wishy washy!!! To afraid to act. Common disease of modern people.

6. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried open this thread from NUF and I got Erorr @_@)

Lewisking50 likes this.
  7. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone attempted to kill me and I ended up killing them, the murder victim was a "bad guy who deserves to be murdered."... because he actually tried murdering me.

Novela likes this.
  8. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean if you don't want to read a Xuanhuan or Xianxia or Wuxia novel OP, you don't have to. I'm sure there is a nice children's book somewhere that doesn't have any death in it all so your delicate sensibilities aren't offended.

Also pro-tip: Killing (and fucking) are what humans are best at and what makes us feel most 'alive'. There's a reason they're popular topics in novels of all genres.

uziex91 likes this.
  9. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese novels mate... They wanna be in the "righteous" position and won't spare anything to somehow try to make them like this , even if when you take it from the standpoint of another peep (a bystander for example) in the novel he'd be seen as evil most of the time .

uziex91 likes this.
  10. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree!

Every story has their own sets of rules and logic. not to mention fantasy, even the realistic type won't necessarily has the same standards of logic as the real world. You'll only exhaust yourself if you keep comparing them to real life. Cases of justified murder or killing is quite common in novels. In some cases there're MC who won't kill no matter what, on the other side, there're some that's just straight up villainous and admitted their murderous tendency. Wether those so called "bad guys" deserves to die or not There are no right or wrong here, It's just a matter of perspective.

So if those bunch of novels keeps irritating you, then just drop them and find something else.... It could be bad for your health :blobsweat:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Lewisking50 likes this.
  11. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Self-defense is not murder it's self-defense. If they're aiming for your life you either you kill them first or they will kill you. Your upright modern morality will not save you from someone who doesn't share it. This doesn't mean you can go on a murderous rampage, but does allow you to fight back with lethal force if your life is threatened.

12. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the time this is a problem of authors relying too much on coincidences to make the plot tie together.
    The mc for some reason need something, by coincidence he find out that someone have what he need, by coincidence that person is "bad" enough that the mc can delude himself that he is doing it with good intentions, by coincidence he actually gets away with it(or just run away for a while).
    Or even worse is if the person that have what the mc need is the one that by coincidence attack the mc first.

A better author with more time to plan the plot would largely avoid this by not handing everything on a silver platter to the mc, force the mc to seek proactively for what he need and actually force the mc to consider if it is really something worth to kill for, both from a moral and practical standpoint, and most of all it should have real consequences.

uziex91 likes this.
  13. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Duh, because MC is a justice. If people don't agree with MC's opinion they should die.

uziex91 likes this.
  14. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes you wonder, since reincarnation is a thing in most of these novels and people live for billions of years, killing a guy is just going to make him lose some time, basically. Unless author decides that people aren't innately bad and that everyone can be redeemed, in which case, they could become good guys once they reincarnate, but MC would be a bad guy for killing someone who can be redeemed.... Well, it's all complicated, so the good move is usually not to randomly kill people... Only time it's okay is when the protagonist doesn't pass off as the good guy, and that's never actually the case in Xianxia when you think about it, it's either bad guy kills bad guys or good guy kills bad guys, it's too convenient... And well, Reverend Insanity is kind of an exception

15. Defiring

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem isn't that it happens, it's fine for it to happen. The problem is that the story pretends that everything is okay about it, which makes no sense unless it's written by someone from said world, which is not something impossible, look at 'To you, the immortal'. So, basically, the author can do what he wants but he shouldn't take a standpoint that makes it obvious to everyone that's said author is screwed in the head. Remember Castle of black iron? Mc was about to rape a kind girl just because he felt like it, and author didn't think it was weird until people complained, so he apologized and made up some stuff on the go about the MC being punished.

16. AtratusImperator

AtratusImperator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're just complaining about generalities in stories you don't like. Just because you don't think its okay doesn't mean other's feel the same way. If you don't like these stories, stop reading them. Or just stop complaining about it. No one is forcing you to read these books.

Morality isn't universal. Nazi's thought they were 'right' and you can't say they weren't except through the lens of your own morality or through societies sense of morality. Religious crusaders throughout history, and even today, feel they are 'right' as they killed hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions of people.

uziex91 likes this.
  17. Defiring

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, actually, I can complain about whatever I want. Anyway, like I was saying, it's not always the case but I'm talking about the times when it's actually the case. Also, if you think raping people at random is okay, well, good for you, but people usually don't, most of his readers didn't. Also, that doesn't mean I didn't like the story until that point, and I did 'stop reading' when it became like that, but I still invested a lot of my time in it and it's disappointing.

18. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahaha....so true :blobjoy:
    And the authors are god, blessing MC with holy thick plot armor!:blobrofl:

AkunDami likes this.
  19. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    It all depends on perspectives.

For example, what if that guy who tried to kill you was threatened with the lives of his family, and you were a drug dealer that had destroyed the lives of many people, but left your past behind and reformed?

No way to judge correctly now, can you?

Or if both of you had your circumstances.

As I said,in a world where no rules or moral values exist, what defines good and evil is subjective.

For example, a guy might have been raised to believe that others going against him is the highest crime punishable by death (like most novels).
    Its not his fault, but the fault of hia parents whom grew him up this way.

But you spat on his robe, and he tried to kill you...
    No way this is a crime punishable by death, right?

But think of it from his perspective, because from your perspective that's another bad guy, while in reality, aside from that event, he might be a person that likes to donate money to poor ones, etc.

20. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    The point that you make relies on 'thinking it from the victim's perspective'.
    But from my perspective, he attempted to murder me, to end my precious life, and from that perspective, he is the sinner of the highest order.
    Because to me, my life on earth is precious beyond nearly everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.