Kenkyo Kenjitsu: Enjou POV [fanfiction]

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Red Bean, Nov 2, 2017.

?

How do you want updates to happen?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2017.
  1. Shorter chapters but frequent updates (probs in a 2000 or less range)

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. Long chapters but less frequent updates (probs 3500 word range)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis: the plot of Kenkyo Kenjitsu told from Enjou Shuusuke’s point of view.

Story type: Fanfiction

Table of Contents

Elementary Arc
    Part 1 (here)
    Part 2 : here
    Part 3 : here
    Part 4 : here
    Part 5 : here
    Part 6 : here

Middle School Arc
    Part 7 : here
    Part 8 : here
    Part 9 : here
    Part 10 : here
    Part 11 : here
    High School Arc
    ---- First Year Start ----
    Part 12 : here
    Part 13 : here
    Part 14 : here
    Part 15 : here
    Part 16 :here
    Part 17 : here
    Part 18 : here
    Part 19 : here
    Part 20 : here
    Part 21 : here
    Part 22 : here
    Part 23 : here
    Part 24 : here
    Part 25 : here
    Part 26 : here
    Part 27 : here
    Part 28 : here
    Part 29 : here
    ---- Second Year Start ----
    Part 30 : here
    Part 31 : here
    Part 32 : here

Part 33 : here
    Part 34 : here
    Part 35 : here
    Part 36 : here

Part 37 : here
    Interim : here
    Part 38 : here
    Part 39 : here

Omakes and Different POVs:
    Takamichi's Crush by Codenamezero00000
    Kaburagi Masaya's POV by Red Bean
    Enjou Yukino's POV: Winter Break by Red Bean

Part 1

When I walked into the chandelier-lighted ballroom, I quickly became bored.

I stayed at the sidelines with my best friend, who was busily chatting away with his crush. We had returned early from our trip in the Mediterranean to attend Yurie’s birthday- all on Masaya’s demand, of course.

While I do care for Yurie, she is our childhood friend, after all, I think its just bothersome to cut a vacation our family spent time planning just to attend a party. Its also not like Yurie would be angry at us if we didn’t attend, so why did Masaya have to forcibly cut everything short?

In two words; puppy love.

In my opinion; He’s far, far too obvious with his affection for Yurie. Its so painfully obvious that I’m amazed she hadn’t tried to curb his affections early.

Cutting a problem at the stem is truly the best way to go.

I heard the music change and glanced at the dance floor. I was stunned for a moment seeing a very cute and very cheerful girl my age dancing the waltz with one of the older boys.

Hmm... isn’t she familiar...? “Hey, Masaya, do you recognize her?” I was about to tap him so he would pay attention, but he had already been watching her too. He glanced at me from the side as he asked, “What about her?”

“She looks familiar to me. Do you know her?”

“I have no idea.” Masaya began to pout as he watched, murmuring a soft “A dance with Yurie...”

I shook my head and sighed. If you want to dance with Yurie, just dance with her, there is no need to play the bashful maiden, right? Masaya.

The girl twirled around, giggling as she spun. As the dance ended, she looked around, and completely froze when her gaze had locked with Masaya’s. Her face twitched, and then she promptly turned and stormed off. Her expression totally looked like that if she were to look at him for a mere moment more, it would dirty her. Beside me, Masaya made a sound of complaint, agitatedly muttering, “What the heck kind of expression is that?”

She had stormed off so quickly that I had already lost her in the crowd. Her dancing partner quickly went after her while shouting what I assume is her name.

“Reika”, huh. That’s a cute name.

I smiled as I walked towards the beverage area. That’s new. No girl has ever reacted to Masaya that way before. I wonder why she responded that way.

When I came closer, I noticed the girl from earlier was also there, drinking some juice while the oniisan she had danced with was talking to another person. When I looked closely, I could tell they were siblings.

I looked between the two and watched her closely. Every kid from the Petite that joined the party had not dared to dance, but she had, and so carefreely at that. Hm, she has a very conspicuous appearance, it will be easy to ask around when school starts.

I walked back when I heard Masaya call for me.

That girl... is really weird.

-

When we came back to school, we continued the same as usual. Study during class, then eating in the Petite with Yurie and Aira when we had breaks, and after classes.

Aira, Yurie’s best-friend, has taken a liking to a certain underclassman in my batch. That person also happened to be the same girl at the party who danced the waltz in the middle of the dance floor.

When I brought this up, Masaya looked at her, and went, “Ah...from that time.” Are you still jealous? If you wanted to dance with Yurie, you could have. Though I doubt dancing with such a short lead would be comfortable for her. There’s no need to hold such a regret, Masaya.

The girl, who still had not introduced herself, immediately threw a dark look at me after Masaya retracted his gaze. Huh? What are you so upset about?

After that, I watched her for a bit longer until we finished break. I noticed something very odd...

She was always staring at Masaya, but not like how his fans would look at him. Instead, her eyes looked unsure and apprehensive, like she expected something very horrible to happen and he was the trigger. This was all while she kept her cheerful smile in place.

I asked Masaya again if he knew her.

Masaya responded that he doesn’t even know her name.

Why was she looking at him like that, then?

-

Like this, we passed the school year until Yurie and Aira graduated to middle school. Masaya had been so upset about it, but he still went and got Yurie numerous bouquets and so many presents that I had to wonder what he was thinking.

Masaya, we are just congratulating them for graduating to middle school. We are not sending them off to war, so stop looking like you are about to scream at the heavens about unjust treatment.

In the salon, Masaya acts even more reserved than usual. His gloomy aura accentuates his vicious glare, so its keeps all the annoyances away. As his best friend, I couldn’t help but worry for him.

Yurie grows more and more beautiful by the day, and Masaya definitely feels their age gap, and knows that she could end up being taken from him far too easily by a guy the same age as Yurie. Every time I hear a story about a guy attempting to court Yurie, I can see Masaya’s mood plummet while his bloodlust rises. Any guy who approaches Yurie immediately becomes a victim to Masaya’s bloodlust until they run with their tails between their legs.

Unfortunately for Masaya, Yurie probably only thinks of it as her little brother’s jealousy. Truly a tragedy on his part.

-

It’s been a few months since Yurie’s graduation, but Masaya has quickly begun to suffer from withdrawal.

I heard of lovesickness, but Masaya was bordering ridiculous levels of idiocy right now. If he makes a mistake, he could very well earn Yurie’s ire for the rest of the year.

Sigh~ What am I supposed to do about such a troublesome friend?

I waved goodbye as Masaya ran off to the Pivoine Salon to wait for Yurie. Being the son of the Kaburagi family, no one dared to rebuke him or tell him he was not allowed to enter. Seriously, what upbringing did Masaya have to be so confident in himself... or rather, not care about other people. A sovereign’s upbringing? If I had that sort of upbringing, would I be like him?

I walked to my car and looked around while my driver started the engine. From a distance, I could see two students of Suiran walking to a car while chatting merrily with each other.

“Oh, its Reika-san.” I unconsciously murmured. She was cheerfully swinging her bag around as she talked to her older brother. My car pulled out of the driveway as soon as I saw the pair enter their car.

I... seem to be noticing her a lot lately, huh.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  2. Cole-Right779

Cole-Right779 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this Canon or fan made?

3. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    fan made, read the tag

4. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    fan made? continue this doge approves

5. Red.Gamer

Red.Gamer A foolish fool

Reading List:
    Link
    Why stop there?! More!!!!

Leaving aside my emotional obsession, this was a pleasant read even though I'm on the reikaXwakaba ship. Good Job ☺

chenyuen and Red Bean like this.
  6. Codenamezero00000

Codenamezero00000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure to hate you because I thought this was canon and find out it's not or love you for hoping this is canon. Either way this is good stuff. Wish it was a bit longer but nice story regardless.

Red Bean likes this.
  7. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, i didn't even like enjou, but whatever... Here's my upvote for your effort!

8. Kirikaize

Kirikaize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more, this is really good

9. laexdream

laexdream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG, I didn't know I needed this in my life.... But by god, please continue! I like how it just shows that Enjou notices her, and nothing else. No confirmation of attraction... Please continue so I can board this ship. O U O

SnowdropLily and Red Bean like this.
  10. Sharudeis

Sharudeis Semi-narcoleptic

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice! It's really entertaining, hope you continue this story of yours~
    Good luck :cookie::cookie:

Red Bean likes this.
  11. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 2

Today is the Athletics Meet.

Due to suffering a broken leg, I dropped out of the baton relay and had someone else take my place instead. Disappointingly, but unsurprisingly, Masaya pulled his last place class to first place, completely knocking down all the hard work my class had made. Even I, the person who honestly held little interest in winning, couldn’t help but have some bitter feelings towards this development.

I know you are skilled, but shouldn’t there be a limit to how much skill one person can have?

Because of my leg, I had to find different games that would allow me to play but not move much. So I joined the ball-toss games. Unfortunately, the girls who also played began to crowd around me, and I distinctly felt the shift in atmosphere as a totally different sort of tournament was started amongst the girls. I had to ask them to move away from me several times, and my irritation started to grow.

I really hate people who stick close to me without a sense of distance!

While I was throwing balls, I noticed one girl who wasn’t trying to get close to me, and instead was playing the game properly.

Its Reika-san!

I bit my lip as I wondered if I could get her to make the girls stop without having to shout out to her. Even if its me, it would be embarrassing to have to ask her a favor like this in front of so many people. I already knew she was the leader of the girls, so if she commanded them, they would have to listen.

Unfortunately, there was no way to get her attention without shouting, so I endured the crowd of girls and the tense atmosphere silently.

So irritating...

-

The day after the Athletics Meet, I thoroughly enjoyed Masaya’s suffering at the hands of the girls’s antics and their horrific screeches as they congratulated him for his brilliant work in the baton relay. I could see Masaya’s temper rise and I was far, far too amused to stop the girls. Its not like they would have listened anyways.

Oh, there he goes. I watched in silence as Masaya flipped out, angrily telling the girls to go away until he was out of breath, and the girls were terrified. Oh my, you guys do this every year to Masaya. I would think that at least one of you would have gotten used to it.

I chuckle lightly and pull Masaya away, telling the girls goodbye, and headed to the Petite. On our way there, I noticed a girl with princess curls talking to another student.

“Shuusuke, what are you looking at?” Masaya turned around and tried to follow my line of sight, but I just continued forward.

So Reika-san is friends with Akizawa-san? I wonder what they’re talking about, Reika-san seemed very worked up...

-

When we sat down in the salon, Masaya immediately ordered a chocolat cake along with some tea. I order tea as well and while we waited, Masaya ranted about how annoying the girls were.

“You were born too late, Masaya.” I chuckle as he groaned in response. “Its true, though. If you were born earlier you could have been with Yurie, and perhaps at this time you two would already be dating.” Its such a classic setup of childhood friends turning into childhood sweethearts. Too bad Masaya messed up by being born late.

“D-dating?!” Masaya’s face went scarlet and I laughed. “You’re too obvious.”

“Hey, whose obvious?! And what dating?! Shuusuke, don’t laugh and answer me properly!”

I continued laughing at Masaya and continued teasing him until our orders came. Upset at my treatment, he quickly took the cake and started eating.

“Don’t eat too fast, you’ll choke.”

“I know that!”

-

In the fourth year of elementary, I witnessed a human transform into a demon.

It was a warm day, just after the end of school, while I was with Masaya in the Petite, when the news reached us.

Apparently, a boy from another school had come to Suiran and was in the process of asking Yurie out on a date. Immediately, this lovesick friend of mine jumped from his seat, and with his bloodlust higher than ever before, ran out to find that guy. I quickly chased after him, actually fearful that Masaya would make a mistake and end up really killing someone from jealousy.

When we reached the gate, I saw the guy smiling confidently at Yurie, who seemed to be very flattered and pleased. Seeing such an expression on her face, Masaya snapped and immediately sprinted in that guy’s direction. With a splendid kick to the head, the guy fell to the ground in a pathetic heap. I watched wordlessly as my best friend forcibly had Yurie board his car and then leave school.

Did I... did I just witness my best friend commit assault (the guy) and kidnapping (Yurie)? I dazedly stared at the heap on the floor and sighed. I should warn Masaya not to overdo things before its too late.

I walked back to school, ignoring the heap on the ground and pulling out my phone. Masaya, you better not ignore me this time!

-

In the following weeks, I witnessed my friend become entirely too possessive and too controlling over Yurie. It was to the point where I felt that if Masaya did not stop soon, he would really get himself into deep trouble with Yurie.

He did it...

I winced as I watched Yurie explode at Masaya. She forbade him from appearing in front of her. I didn’t even feel that sorry for Masaya. If anything, he really deserved it for what he did. Yurie is already in her second year of middle school, and of course she would want to be able to hang out with her friends and have her privacy.

Masaya, you’re a complete idiot...

I sighed heavily as I looked at my friend. Right now, he was comparable to a corpse. His sovereign aura was nowhere to be seen and he seemed soulless in general. What he had was the aura of a defeated loser (idiot).

I looked up when I heard the door to the salon open. A few students walked in, and I noticed Reika-san was amongst them, and they all sat in a corner quietly drinking tea and having snacks.

Hey, Masaya, look at what your aura did. The Petite is turning into a desert, you know?

I sighed heavily as I drank from my tea. Masaya began to moan and complain as he held onto his head. Hey, Masaya, having the aura of a loser is one thing, but please refrain from sounding so pathetic. Its your own fault Yurie is this angry.

I noticed it around the same time as Masaya did. Someone was watching us. We turned our heads and looked at the source, which was actually Reika-san.

Before I could say anything, Masaya growled at her, “Oi, you there, if you have something you want to say, then say it!”

Masaya, this blatant rudeness is also one of the reasons why Yurie is so mad at you...

“S-something I wish to say...” Reika-san fidgeted, looking scared, and I couldn’t blame her. Masaya could be very terrifying when he wanted to be.

“Umm, apparently Yurie-sama wants to rake you over the coals a little!”

The comment immediately caught his attention, and Masaya ended up revealing an even more terrifying expression. Reika-san shrieked and she seemed to be utterly panicking as she answered Masaya’s questions. I could only look on helplessly as I watched a rabbit be cornered by a tiger.

Masaya mumbled to himself, mumbled something that I worried about as I had a good idea what he was going to say next.

“Alright. You. From now on, you’re my spy on Aira.”

Masayaaaaaaaa!!! Why do you keep being so difficult!!!

-

In the end, Masaya drove out everyone else from the salon and now only the three of us remained. Reika-san looked close to tears and I could only sigh. Masaya, being this overbearing is going to be what gets you dumped.

She timidly stood in front of us while Masaya rained question upon question down on her. Even when I tried to interrupt and help her, Masaya only angrily rebuked me and continued with his tyranny.

I forced a smile and spoke, “Masaya, you want information on Yurie too, right? Then instead of threatening her, why don’t you do it properly? Well, if it’s Aira, then I could ask for you though.”

I was saying this for Reika-san’s sake. She really looked too scared to continue.

“No. Aira definitely wouldn’t tell you. I’ll use her instead.”

“... That might be right. Then, Kisshouin-san, can we ask this of you?” I turned towards Reika-san and continued, “Specifically, we’d like to know how angry Yurie is, or when she plans on forgiving him perhaps. Masaya, is there anything else?”

“…Whether or not Yurie even plans on forgiving me.”

I hummed lightly in response, “Yurie said she is only going to rake you over the coals a bit, not completely cut you off, so she has plans. Just listen and behave well for now, all right?”

Masaya tried to retort, and I immediately used Yurie’s name to tame him. Isn’t he just so docile when Yurie appears...

Reika-san reluctantly introduced herself to us and I smiled politely in response.

“Do your best, Kisshouin-san. If you succeed, your adored Masaya will be grateful.”

“I don’t particularly adore him or anything…”

... I figured as much. When Masaya started interrogating you, you looked like your nerves were split. The look of apprehension in your eyes when you look at him hasn’t changed either.

“Oh? Really? I mean, I notice you looking at him a lot. That’s why I thought that you liked him too. I mean, look, all your friends loiter around us too.”

Of course, there is no need to tell her that.

“The two of you are quite conspicuous, and so I could not help but look your way. If I have troubled you by doing so, I apologise. I shall pay more attention henceforth.”

She sounded apologetic as she spoke. After that,Kisshouin-san said her farewells as she left school.

I look at Masaya for a moment then shake my head at him, “You’ll get in big trouble if Yurie finds out you intimidated a girl to almost tears.”

“... its not my fault.”

“It’s totally your fault.” I roll my eyes and wave farewell. Good luck,Kisshouin-san.

You’ll definitely need it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    xFlameux, Ophious, Elliana and 35 others like this.
  12. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 3

Right after finishing my lessons with my tutor, I received a phone call from Masaya.

“Hello?”

“Shuusuke! You won’t believe what she said to me!” Masaya’s shout made me quickly pull my phone from my ear. The hell are you doing, shouting into a phone like that.

“And what was it she said?” I responded calmly as I lowered the volume on my phone. This is going to be such a lively conversation.

“She said that she was unwilling to help me! After sticking her nose in my business, she has the gall to say I’m being forceful, can you believe it?” Masaya sounded terribly offended.

“You did scare her into helping you...” I start, readying to scold him. I heard a huff from the phone and stopped myself. I rolled my eyes as I wondered whether I should bother to correct his behavior or not.

On one hand, what he does is terribly discourteous and rude, but on the other its somewhat entertaining... I apologize, Kisshouin-san, but I think I’ll let him continue as is.

“Well, is there any update on her progress?”

Masaya’s tone immediately changed, and he began to report to me everything that transpired.

“She doesn’t have a mobile, isn’t that weird? I mean, we’re already in fourth grade, what are her parents thinking?”

“Perhaps they just don’t want her to waste time on the internet.” I responded logically as I drank tea. “When will you be updated on Yurie?”

“Monday morning.”

I narrowed my eyes when I heard this. “...Morning? But isn’t that the same day Kisshouin-san will be asking Aira about Yurie?”

“Exactly. I will be getting it as soon as possible so Yurie will hurry up and forgive me.”

... I don’t think that’s how it works, Masaya.

I sighed, giving up on reasoning with him. “I see. Anyways, when you receive the report tomorrow, make sure to properly listen to Yurie’s concerns and reflect on what you did.”

“I reflected hy myself and I’ve even called her countlessly to apologize, but Yurie still hasn’t forgiven me.”

You definitely did not if you can reply like that without sounding the least but remorseful!

Sigh. “Goodbye, Masaya.”

“Bye.” He ended the call.

I looked up at the ceiling of my room and sighed. Why do I feel like a parent taking care of their troublesome son? I’m only nine years old, I shouldn’t be having a son this early!

-

Monday morning, I was walking around the halls when I noticed Masaya cornering someone in the hall. Oh, isn’t that Kisshouin-san?

“Masaya,” I called out as I walked over. He turned around and I saw him holding a piece of paper. No way, did he really make her write a written report of what she learned? Masaya, she’s an elementary student and our schoolmate, not your gopher.

“What are you doing here? And with Kisshouin-san as well.” I could more or less guess what he was doing, but I wanted to hear if he had an explanation for his actions. He didn’t drag her out of class just for a report, right? They just happened to meet in the hallway, right?

My gut feeling told me I was wrong, but even I had some hopes he didn’t cause too much trouble.

Instead, with eyes full of satisfaction, he happily showed me her report. Hm? “Eh, Kisshouin-san, you’ve already went and talked to Aira? You really work fast~” I smiled at her as I looked over the paper. This was written very neatly and precisely, and simply too. Masaya, be grateful, its blatantly written what you should fix.

“Well, its just as we suspected isn’t it?”

“Yeah. But I already reflected and I will accept Yurie’s conditions, so isn’t it about time she forgives me?”

I wanted to backhand this idiot as hard as possible. Did you really reflect at all?!

“You sure are an idiot, Masaya.” I smiled at him as his face twisted into a scowl.

“Shuusuke, you bastard, are you picking a fight with me?”

“Hey now, reflect, reflect. That short temper of yours is another reason Yurie is angry, you know?”

He immediately retorted, “Nothing like that was in the report!”

“Didn’t they teach us in Japanese class to read between the lines? Look, right here it mentions that you attacked a middle schooler from another school. Yurie was angry at your short-tempered actions. Get it now?”

Masaya fell into frustrated silence.

I smiled at him as I shook my head, “Anyway, she isn’t going to believe that you’ve reflected from just your words. You need to show it in your attitude.”

“Then what the hell should I do?”

“Let’s see~ Kisshouin-san, do you have any good ideas?” I turned towards her and she looked surprised. Her expression was surprised and clearly showed that she held zero desire to help anymore.

Before she could say anything, the bell rung and we all had to return to class. Masaya told her it was her assignment to think of a way later and report it to him at lunch.

While we walked back to our classrooms, I probed Masaya, “Isn’t it fortunate that you were able to meet Kisshouin-san in the hallways so soon after she talked with Aira? You should properly thank her at lunch for all the help.”

“We didn’t meet in the hallway. I went to her class and asked for the report.”

... Ah. I gave Masaya a blank smile as I nodded. I see, so I have to smooth things over later, right? You really didn’t consider the trouble you would cause for her or for me, did you? Inconsideration has limits, you know?

“We’ll meet in the Petite later. Make sure you tell her that!” Masaya walked off to class.

Since when did I become your gopher?

-

At the end of my class, I walked back to Kisshouin-san’s classroom while pondering over how to smooth over the matter of Masaya. It should be fine to just use his name to silence people, right?

“A certain matter? What kind of matter?”

“That is... it is something I do not have the right to talk about…”

I heard the two voices speaking as I neared. Oh, its seems Kisshouin-san is already being cornered. I should step in now.

“Kisshouin-san, are you in?” I opened the door and am immediately blasted by the screams of girls shouting my name. Why can’t you girls be like Reika and not yell when I appear?

“ENJOU-SAMAAA!”

I ignored their squealing and turn towards her. “There you are, Kisshouin-san. About our conversation with Masaya from earlier, when you’re finished with lunch, come to the Pivoine salon, okay?”

I made sure to include Masaya in my sentence. Her gaze was completely hostile and irritated. Hey, I’m helping you out already, so stop glaring at me.

“Er... Umm, Enjou-sama? Is it true that Reika-sama has been entrusted something by Kaburagi-sama?” I glanced to the side as I acknowledged the person. With a smile, I responded, “That’s right.”

There was an even bigger fuss amongst the girls now. I could see their jealousy being aimed at Kisshouin-san.

“What is it that she’s been entrusted with?”

Perfect timing. “Sorry, but I can’t really say. If you girls pry too much, Masaya will get angry, you know? Won’t that be bad? Kisshouin-san is keeping quiet too, see?” I gesture towards the silent Kisshouin-san with a smile. Good. She played along.

“Indeed.” The girls murmured in agreement. Masaya, your name really carries a lot of weight.

“See you later, then.” I smiled, before leaving the classroom. Hopefully, with that, they’ll stop hounding her about her conversation with Masaya.

I returned to my classroom and waited for lunch.

-

A few minutes after I finished my lunch, I was immediately accosted by an eager Masaya, and dragged to the Petite. I couldn’t help but feel a self-pity as I was being dragged. At first I thought I was his parent, but now it seems I’ve been made into his gopher too.

Kisshouin-san and I are in the same boat now.

While we waited for Kisshouin-san to appear, I had Masaya read the report and explained to him what each part meant, part by part. I totally felt like a father trying to teach his willful son how to read.

Hm? If I am the father, is Kisshouin-san Masaya’s mom?... But aren’t the mother’s usually the one in charge of child-rearing, while the father comes home every once in a while too treat the kids out?

As I played around with the thought of who would be Masaya’s mother and father in this sham of a family, Kisshouin-san entered the Petite.

Her complexion was much better than earlier, and she seemed calmer too. Masaya quickly called out to her by calling her slow.

“Kisshouin-san, why don’t you take a seat for now?”

“Enjou-sama, thank you very much for the follow-up earlier.” Oh, she noticed. I smiled at her thanks.

“Oi, what are you two going on about?”

“Nothing important. Anyways, aren’t we here to talk about what you are going to do?”

“Yeah! What do I have to do to prove to Yurie that I’ve reflected?” Masaya quickly started the topic, then looked at us inquisitively. Hm, I’d prefer he think for himself, but... no, lets see if he has any good ideas. “What do you think you should do?”

“I think that in order to convey my feelings, I should visit Yurie everyday to apologize!” He proudly announced his idea.

Masaya, that... my face twitched and I fought down the urge to backhand him for real. That’s the idea of someone who has not reflected at all!

“Masaya, that will have the opposite effect.” I must stop him before he does it. Who knows what else this idiot might do if I don’t.

“Why?!” Masaya cried out in frustration. He looks pissed. “Fine! What do you think I should do?”

“Don’t contact Yurie at all and quietly wait for her to forgive you.“

“VETOED!”

This damn brat.

Masaya changed targets and immediately looked at Kisshouin-san. “Spy, what do you think I should do?”

Kisshouin-san revealed an upset expression and spoke, “Kaburagi-sama, my name is Kisshouin Reika. Kindly desist with the ‘spy’-calling please.”

“That’s right, Masaya. She’s helping you out, so at least use her name properly.”

“Hmph.”

“Well, do you have a good idea or not?” Masaya flicked his chin at her and prompted her to answer.

Kisshouin-san came up with an answer I did not expect, “Write a letter to Yurie-sama everyday.”

“A letter? “

Kisshouin-san nodded and continued, “How much you have reflected for example, or what you think of the situation and the like. Well, what they call a reflection essay, I suppose. I believe that a message through your phone would feel too impersonal, and would not convey your feelings as well. For that reason, a handwritten letter would be best. Write a letter that conveys your feelings to Yurie-sama. Since ancient times, Japan has always had the tradition of romances that begin with a love letter.”

“Is that true!?” Masaya sounded really amazed. Even I am. It sounded really romantic... or rather, its perfect for Masaya.

Following this, Masaya and Kisshouin-san hammered out details as she rebuffed him from doing outrageous things. Goodness, the advice she gave was really good. It would keep Masaya too busy from starting trouble, and I could take a break from his dark aura.

“Alright! I’ll use your suggestion! After school we’re going shopping for a letter set! You two know your jobs, right!”

“I will not go.” Kisshouin-san responded.

“Hah? Why?”

“I have lessons after school. And in addition, Kaburagi-sama, I believe it was written in my report earlier: “He will swear not to get other people wrapped up for Yurie-sama’s sake.” If you involve me in this matter, Yurie-sama will become angry again.”

Hearing Yurie might get mad at him again, Masaya relented.

“...Understood. Good work.”

“Yes. Well then, I’ll take my leave. Gokigen’yoh.” Kisshouin-san smiled brightly as she left. How lucky, she got to get away.

“Shuusuke, you’re going with me.”

Can I refuse?

-

After purchasing numerous cards and letters, and finding a letter writing set he liked, Masaya brought me to his house and we worked hard on composing letters that would make Yurie forgive him. I persuaded Masaya to write about how lonely he was, how hard it was for him by himself, and a few others so that Yurie would forgive him quicker. I didn’t mention it to him, but I was entirely using the ‘forgive-because-of-sob-story’ method and appealing to Yurie’s motherly instincts and sisterly love for Masaya.

I don’t know with Masaya, but he even drew cute little flowers and animals along the borders of his paper. I wonder if he realizes that his letter is steadily becoming as cute as a love letter from a girl? Better not mention it or else he’d throw a fit.

I reminded Masaya to write about how he wanted to dance with her at this year’s summer party, and he happily obliged.

It only took less than two weeks, and Yurie folded. She agreed to dance with Masaya and his joy was all over the place. This maiden was truly in love.

When the summer party came, Masaya put on airs to seem cool and composed, but he was jittery and kept blushing with joy while he danced with Yurie. I snorted and turned my head to the side, noticing someone looking at them with derision.

Kisshouin-san? Hm, why is she staring at them like that?... Or maybe its Masaya she is looking at?

When the two dancers separated, Kisshouin-san’s gaze followed Masaya with the same derision in her gaze. Ohhhh, she finally realized this idiot is a mostly harmless idiot. Good job, Kisshouin-san!

-

It seems all the writing and reflecting really had an effect on Masaya. His impulsivity and stalker-attitude calmed down a lot, and now he works hard to match the older and mature Yurie.

Unfortunately, he is still an idiot on the inside who bothers Yurie somewhat by being clingy, but he has actually matured somewhat.

This is really great. Maybe I won’t need to supervise him as much anymore... I should find a way to pay Kisshouin-san back for this.

13. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    @Red Bean I really love this! Oh gosh this really brings me back when Kenkyo Kenjitsu still have less than 50 chapters :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt: I think that you did well in trying to keep Enjou in character as much as possible :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats: I don't care if Enjou will sound OOC or not in later chapters, because your POV really makes him more like normal human instead of that trying-to-be-mysterious-by-acting-creepy-and-sneaky kind of guy he is. Can't wait to read more! :aww::aww::aww: I'm rooting for you! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

14. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much! Im so happy you liked it!

Im glad Enjou doesn’t seem too OOC or too creepy. It was rather difficult trying to figure how a black belly prince would operate in Suiran’s politics! You can’t believe much referrencing I have to do~~

Also idk if anyone’s noticed but there’s references to what he says in the Highscool arc~

15. LIght Novel San

LIght Novel San Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want mooorrreee!!!!!! I lllooovvveeee it!!!

Red Bean likes this.
  16. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaahhhhh @Red Bean you did it! Absolutely amazing and I want moreeee. I think that you did a great job at writing his POV. He found amusement in watching Kaburagi and Reika, at the same time he felt irritation in Kaburagi's antics. I found it funny when Enjou said that he feels like a father and considers Reika as the mother xD It really feels like he observing everybody and did things behind the scenes. I love the extra scenes that didn't appear in the canon novel. It actually feels like canon and not fanon. I want to think that this actually canon lol. Thank you for writing this! I can't wait until you write his POV in highschool!

Fulminata and Red Bean like this.
  17. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the praise, Ace !

Hahaha, I added a few stuff so the watcher feel is still there without Enjou looking like a total creep. Im glad I could put my headcannon of him treating Masaya as his son and Reika as the mom there.

I can’t wait for Highschool Arc too. But what I would love more is the Descent of Goddess Kali; Tsurahana Uprising.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  18. Red.Gamer

Red.Gamer A foolish fool

Reading List:
    Link
    I kept thinking while reading this is that this is a trap to lure readers to the reikaXenjou camp. But I will not be fooled!

On the side note, thank you very much for the treat. Good job on making more. I kinda understand the hardship of writing such characters while avoiding to make them creepy. Kudos to you.

19. Red Bean

Red Bean Tired Bun Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Mwahahhahaha! The ReiNjou armada is strong! People shall be enticed to join!

Hahaha~ thanks you very much! Its so hard to write a black belly prince without making him sound like an ass. (Enjou has completely assimilated into his role as Kaburagi’s caretaker. No wonder he’s dragging Reika down with him.)

Red.Gamer likes this.
  20. XD

XD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link