Resolved Keyboards

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Overclock, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi. I like to write and I'm looking for a keyboard app for phone or tablet that has a clipboard attached. I used to have one on the Samsung 3 tablet that let me save names, and allowed me to lock them so that even if I copy new things the locked items wouldn't be erased without permission. My current tablet and phone are just a few years old, but newer yet don't have such a convenient keyboard. Something like this would be appreciated.

Edit - The one I used was just the default Samsung keyboard at the time and the one around now does not have this feature, or at least on my tablet or phone.

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey thanks. I've had to go years without a one so I appreciate it.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Couple of days ago I saw a “real” keyboard (not what you are looking for, I know, but I found it rather tempting): a Bluetooth bamboo keyboard. As in made out of bamboo. There was also a bamboo Bluetooth mouse as well...

5. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I don't know if your an expert on stuff like this, but would you know of any reason swipe keyboard wouldn't have the clipboard function on tablet? I could download it fine for my phone on the playstore, but couldn't on tablet Samsung Tablet 3 lite. I could get it on the galaxy app, but didn't have any of the functions (The + icon on the top left that brings a toolbar).

6. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is a matter of compatibility when it comes to your Samsung Tablet 3 Lite, try SwiftKey keybord or Gboard and tell me what you get as error if occurs :hmm:

7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    For the playstore it won't let me download it and says not compatible. When I download on galaxy apps I could get swipe keyboard, but looks different than the one on my phone and like what I said before, no error message. Even settings aren't the same.

I do have gboard on my tablet, but no clipboard.

8. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the tablet OS and apps up to date (Gboard v8 does have a clipboard)? as for swipe I assume it is because it was discontinued on the playstore, Gboard and swiftkey are supposedly one of the alternatives

9. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll look up the version later. I did get swipe from playstore on my phone. My phone is a Galaxy J3 Luna Pro.