Recommendations kicked out of the party story with legitimate reason

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Miku, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    often, what I read in this genre just bashed the party the protagonist is no longer a part of. it's just... annoying. Why can't it be like the Adventurers Who Don’t Believe in Humanity Will Save The World, where the MC just have different style to the party he was in, where he is more brainy and the party he was in is just musclebrain? they don't hate him, they just don't think he'll grow under their party. It made the old party not a one-dimensional caricature.

I'm looking for the ones where the old party is not just ridiculed by the author.

evanesco99211 and TXHY like this.
  2. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Was Dismissed from the Hero’s Party Because They Don’t Need My Training Skills, so I Strengthened My [Fief] Which I Got as a Replacement for My Retirement Money.
    They are all close and have good relationships but MC can't keep up anymore so they dismiss him from the party politely and with lots of money. There were no ill feelings between them.

I Was Fired as an Adventurer, so I Became an Alchemist!
    The MC was legitimately bad like really really bad at using his magic so he always got kicked off the team. It turns out he used the wrong crest the whole time (they need the right crest to use magic properly). Once it got fixed, he's seriously OP.

P/S: Thanks to NoName for reminding me of the second manga's name.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    Miku likes this.
  3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37426/level-up-hero - I guess this fits. The MC has a healing "super power" except that it functions by trading 1 for 1 his own life force to heal someone else. Thus, he's pretty useless for serious wounds, which happens a lot when super powers are tossed around, but he'd only kill himself without helping much. No group would take him on so he reluctantly retired from superheroing. The story takes off after an opportunity drops on him that changes his life.

Miku likes this.
  4. NoName

NoName Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if it's manga then you mean I Was Fired as an Adventurer, so I Became an Alchemist! Or is it another manga

Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou Sareta Beast Tamer, Saikyou Shuzoku Nekomimi Shojo to Deau
    Because MC could only tame a beast so he was kick out from party

Hazure Akamadoushi ha Kenjyatime ni Musou suru

MC was kick out but well. Just try, it was worth it

Edit: all of title is manga not novel

Miku likes this.
  5. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! You're right, it is I Was Fired as an Adventurer, so I Became an Alchemist! and instead of a tattoo, it's actually called crest.

As for the other two titles you listed out, the MCs weren't kicked out for legitimate reasons. Their former parties are a bunch of a**holes.

Miku likes this.