LCD King of Gods

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Aug 14, 2016.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By making it so that basically only people with bloodlines can advance in cultivation. which is a catch22 on where new bloodlines come from

2. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where the girl in all of this? the one that opened the way to purple saint ruins

3. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    Good question. When she does appear, I expect her to thoroughly mess up Zhao Feng's plan. Whatever that may be.

4. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like not just, but only smoothly. They came from accumulation of millenniums. If it was 1 Origin Core (or whatever) cultivator once in 1000 years in the whole world at start, after 1 million years bloodlines would be like dirt.

mrttao likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bloodlines should still be like dirt.
    0.5% of all humans alive today are direct descendants of Genghis khan
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_from_Genghis_Khan

And his bloodline does not give you a supernatural advantage. Honestly everyone should have at least 1 bloodline with many people having multiple bloodlines.

Especially with how wife snatch happy everyone is in the setting. It should be the cuckpocalypse where everyone who doesn't have bloodlines dies out

6. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Bloodlines shouldn’t die out since their descendants are almost always hitting origin core which seems to let you establish your own bloodline. If bloodlines guarantee a spiritual body, no one should be born without one

mrttao likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reread what I said. I said people WITHOUT bloodlines would die out
    1. bloodline is a ridiculous advantage
    2. the internal fighting between humans is extremely severe.

as such, anyone who doesn't have a bloodline should have gone extinct by now

8. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, if making kids is easy with high cultivation (depends on novel, honestly, I saw thousands of kids and I saw like 1-2 ) OR bloodlines have 10-20-50-100% of awakening (I don't have math, just place number higher than balance of bloodline population). We can add here that only Origin Core (or whatever, again) refresh his/her bloodline, and so on, like cultivators don't easy have kids with mortals at all and so on and so on. Mostly it's just world-building question that can have believable answer.

9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't have an awakened bloodline though you count as a mortal and can breed as one, but still pass an awakened bloodline, and have the backing of powerful members of your clan who did awaken. They should spread like wildfire considering the society in question

The real issue is that the existing worldbuilding all points towards people without a bloodline going extinct.
    The author could have come up with some other worldbuilding that supports it, but he didn't.

10. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    No, if high level cultivator can't have kids with mortals; bloodline needs refreshing in 2-3-some generations (by reaching high enough cultivation before you have kids on your own); and so on. As I said, it's a question of world-building. Author just failed it a little bit, that is all.
    In any cultivation novel kids of cultivators have high chance to be born with a talent to cultivation, and stronger the parents the stronger their children are - it's absolutely the same thing as bloodlines here, only unrestricted (in KoG you need to reach level N before you can pass your talent).
    For example, usually cross-breed children between monsters and humans have human talents and monster physique or other bonuses and they could create the whole clans with passing of this physique, why normal humans still exist with such an evolutionary advantage? This problem goes unchecked in other novels, in KoG author tried to deal with it at the very least, bonus to him for that.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. There is zero indication of this being true.
    2. You don't need a high level cultivator to pass a bloodline. We have already seen for a FACT that a mortal with a bloodline can breed freely with other mortals and pass the bloodline. It won't be as pure, but it will still be there.
    3. we know for a FACT that it is not 2-3 generations. since most bloodlines are thousands of years and countless generations old.

So, literally every one of your assertion is factually false in this novel

12. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of meant that I'm think instead of author here.
    And as I said, my main point is that the same logic can be applied to any xianxia novel where children have the same talent as parents, they just don't use bloodline term and it's working on every stage of cultivation. You kind of ignored that.
    The main reason why all humans can't cultivate is because they don't have resources for that. And they can't have, apparently its what every novel states, which is kind of bullshit you think about how big are their worlds and how much free space they have to cultivate herbs.

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In many novels, most humans are not born with the talent. it's not a lack of resources, but they are literally incapable of it if they are born without spirit roots, and spirit roots are extremely rare.

Anyways, we agree that the author messed up his world building in this particular novel

14. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    No-No, children of cultivators kind of always have it. Maybe not in each novel, but overall (!). So if cultivators live much longer why their population is not much bigger than population of mortals? In the end, mortals should die out because they are in an evolutionary disadvantage, and in the big one.

Another reason - devil sects. I can't see mortal can stay alive in the world where devil sects and devil cultivators exist. At all. This was always my biggest concern.

15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is true. Also often yao and mo want to exterminate humanity and are oftentimes stronger.

16. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's the idea that out of 1000 or 10,000 there is 1 or 2 cultivator. Then out of 1000 or 10000 of cultivators there is someone with talent. Then again, for someone with genius or good talent. Then again, for an MC.

So...... that'd be 1,000,000,000,000 per MC if it's 1000 per, and another multiple of 1000 if it's 10,000. Then add to that, arrogant young masters probably kill 100 or so per, and we know how many arrogant young masters are out there.

mrttao likes this.
  17. Bikersmoke

Bikersmoke Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone remember around which chapter this was. Where he came out of another dimension with his clan mates and they tried to get him in trouble for kicking out someone who attacked him.

18. wonderer

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 190, where he exits the inheritnace palace thing

Bikersmoke likes this.
  19. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate misunderstandings as a plot device. Three words would be all it would take... Iron Blood Religion.. jfc :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery:

josh_15, Mercy, mrttao and 2 others like this.
  20. wonderer

Reading List:
    Link
    So is what ZF does called a moe gap? going to cold and uncaring to "normal" for lack of better words?