Discussion Kobatochan's Malicious Attack on Meteor Strike Media

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SlimIcee, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not very good at it these days. :blobrofl:

I've never heard of MSM and i havent read anything on Kobato since God of Cooking was dropped so i dont have a dog on either side. If i remember right, this isnt the first time that Kobato-related drama has happened so this probably isnt a surprise really.

Both sides have their points (though Kobato's defense seems to be more rambling than a succinct response) but on the face of things i'm inclined to look more favorably on MSM's side as the time gap and content of comments (thanks to @A Wandering Panda 's breakdown of the timing) do seem to be awfully suspicious. Either this is one well executed false-flag op by a third party or Kobato's actually responsible and thought being so obvious would actually be a great defense.

I'ma pitch my camp. Anybody selling popcorn? :cookie:

Kuro_0ni and Szefowo like this.
  2. Raistlin97

Raistlin97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am unfamiliar with past incidents, as I have not really ever been on the forums prior to this, so know not what previous controversies have occurred. I would like to apologise for not having read through the subsequent posts current to when I had posted -- earlier in the day, I had read the posts, and so hadn't thought to read the new ones first. I did suspect that 83.77 (who was also the one who mentioned the unfavourable responses) to have been one of the KR-English translators here on NovelUpdates, and one who agreed with KCDS' post, or KCDS in person; however, that poster's comments didn't seem provably defamatory. I also thought that 162.243 was a KR-English translator here on NovelUpdates, but as the comments were different in nature, I perhaps had prematurely concluded that they were different individuals. However, as the claim was that KCDS had committed defamation, to the degree that legal charges could be pressed, I see no statement that could be proven not only to be false, but also to have been spread in malice despite the originator knowing it to be false, as is required for defamation. My issue was not with MeteorStrike taking issue with the posts, but the manner in which the issue was presented, and the assumptions made. If one wishes to be thought of as professional, one should behave as would a professional, but this came across as the opposite. My apologies for not having expressed my thoughts on the matter clearly.

Szefowo likes this.
  3. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the clarification. I feel that the large response was from as MSM said, their author messaged them scared because of the lies he was told. Also "To Kobato, if you continue to fervently attack our character and attempt to defame us, we will be forced to take legal action." I think this was more of future warning than saying they will attack legally now.

4. Raistlin97

Raistlin97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. I see. I also see that there's a lot that I know nothing about.

5. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Raistlin97

Raistlin97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, I can't see the logs, as the links either require payment or have expired. What was the degree of the claimed edits?

7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    At the first incident, I think I was leaning onto this side. However, I think I don't anymore. From what I see, it's just some coincidence and troll that get the dramas going, and you guys took advantage of it to promote yourself while stepping onto Kobato. No solid evidence at all, not for this kind of serious, defamatory claim.

The Disclaimer should be at the top of the page and not at the bottom of the page. I can even use this claim to say that you guys are deliberately flamed Kobato by putting the disclaimer at the place where least people would see, but I don't, because it's ridiculous.

Bad Storm likes this.
  8. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember, kobato left out some related info (can remember specific) What I do remember is that MSM immediately released full chat logs, even if there was some embarrassing info it them. I have see them always try to be truthful, unlike kobato.

9. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? The disclaimer seems very clear, but may just be me. They explain with reasons their assumptions, and show that it makes sense with the many coincidences that are overly suspicious. They also show this is serious because author contacted them concerned by derogatory statements. MSM should be worried if author has concerns based on lies.

10. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    In this scenario, if you wanted to call someone out on defamation, then the "overly suspicious" is not enough. Also, why even go public at all? Not even a single one of us knows that this incident even existed at all if not for the need to post a statement publically. ( Again, for dramas and advertisement. )

If not for the comments in the thread, I would have missed the disclaimer altogether.

Bad Storm and Ai chan like this.
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Meteor Strike should be 100 Salts.
    Remember that SSS Suicide Novel debacle?
    Maybe I have been too busy making money to create drama.
    Infamy works pretty well
    [​IMG]

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    raccoon bread.jpg

Bad Storm and Wujigege like this.
  13. Orororos

Orororos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only feels it unprofessional to edit your proof, almost like even you yourself didn't believe in it if you don't edit it like that.
    You should show evidence as it is and state your reason .
    For other drama I sorry I've never heard of it maybe I reading something else at that time.

Bad Storm and GDLiZy like this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Meteor Strike is also 100 Salts allegedly, so both groups have a history of conflict.
    Honestly, this screams of a PR stunt

15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    This backstabing and dirty moves is no my liking but honestly company will always try to ruin the competitors, it happen everyday. Try to convice the author about your work and many good thing your group already achive, he might be undertand.:blobokhand:

16. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "almost like even you yourself didn't believe in it if you don't edit it like that." This is kind of really dumb argument. MSM post explain clearly why they have edit, and include GIGANTIC bright red exclaimer that only the blind would miss. You not agreeing with inclusion is a far jump from saying them including it makes it like they don't believe in it.

17. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I read through here again, I realize you include purposeful attempt at making it sound like they hid disclaimer. "The Disclaimer should be at the top of the page and not at the bottom of the page." Disclaimer is right below comment section in THE MIDDLE of the document. You can not miss if you actually read, and it is on the same page as the relevant info. They include it in the relevant section and make it large and red, no way to miss such thing. How laughable to try and sow confusion about that, please take your agenda elsewhere :)

18. GDLiZy

Reading List:
    Link
    Apparently I'm trying to sow discord now. Very nice. Even though I said that it's ridiculous, you still thought that I tried to help one side?

My bad, it's in the middle of the page, which, again, didn't change my point. The disclaimer should be at the top of the page, not in the middle when one can miss if they skimmed through it ( like me ). I even miss it the first time I read it.

19. TangFeng

TangFeng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean didn't their(Meteor and Kobato) drama start because kobato can't even be bother to pay their translator for suicide hunter and the translator went to join meteor and took the translations with him? A week or two later, the novel is drop because someone reported it lol?

*Edit. Not pay but resources

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  20. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.