Kobato's defense

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dam1433

dam1433 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My reason is just that, Kobato needs help, a specialize doctor would be a good start

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    why though? unless you have qualification to say that, I can only take your statement as a joke.

3. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His explanation has been shown as incorrect. Kobato's translation arguments are shaky at best, and he is wrong in his interpretation of the title. How come we are meant to believe him vs. multiple other Korean TLs that have checked the same title. On top of this the author himself agree with MSM's title, so there should be no room for argument. If Kobato want to say it sound bad then sure, but to pretend his explanation makes any sense would be false.

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I just know that having a diverse/extreme opinion would result in a medical need. People really needed to check their mindset.

Ai chan likes this.
  5. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Quote my post about translation then. Don't quote my post asking about the need of medical treatment.

I'm not saying that his choice of words in translating is correct or rather, I can't since I don't know korean. He gave his reason behind his choice of word when translating the title in his post which was enough for me as a random person in the forum to understand his intention.

kobatochandaisuki likes this.
  6. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His intention does not matter if he is overwhelmingly wrong. Even after being shown to be wrong, he continues to try and bring MSM's translation into question and make it sounds incorrect, when it is not.

7. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give me your reason why his opinion is wrong aside from hearsay?

Ghost_Spawn and Ai chan like this.
  8. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not hearsay, there even a post going over it.

On top of this, the novel author speaks korean AND english, and he agrees with novel title and likes artwork from what is seen on MSM discord.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  9. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why he write this post

10. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that post makes little sense. "military clique" is terrible interpretation from Warlord of all things. This post also fails to address the fact that his translation of warlord comes from an antiquated interpretation as said by other TLs, and it fails to give a valid reason why we should trust Kobato's attempts at poking holes in the translation when the korean author agrees with militia.

11. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see someone who knows little about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_Era.
    So no arguments behind but still saying "he's overwhelmingly wrong"? Oh yes, you are proof and arguements to your own claims and judgements. But then I can also say you are wrong and wrong. Why? Because I'm right. This is your logic, btw.
    Even if you look in the dictionnaries, 군벌 = warlord
    Google says warlord
    Naver says warlord
    Namuwiki says warlord
    Wikipedia says warlord
    Who says militia? MSM.
    Also, let's say we don't care about who's wrong or right and you decide you go with militia anyway.
    But I can still say that I find "militia" ugly (and the cover). BUT HOW DARE YOU SAY IT'S UGLY. OMG. I'M TRIGGERRRRED. TRIGGERRRRED! enough said.

Anyway, I still think warlord or (military) clique is more "correct" but nevermind, MSM does whatever it wants to put as a name, be it wrong or right. I don't care anymore. But then I guess you gonna stay and bring this again and again and again. RIP me.

Btw, do you know korean? if not, how can you be so sure? Oh, you just take MSM's word anyway and add some of your imagination I guess. seems legit. Okay.
    Also, I don't remember seeing anywhere that the author knows english and even if he did, probably just to the extent of basic or intermediate level thinking about the average koreans. if you don't see what I mean there, well, too bad. I don't think i need to explain like I have to deal with pre-schoolers.

12. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does this say? Please stop your misinformation using google translate, thanks!

군벌 (軍閥) [군벌]
    [명사]
    1. 군인의 파벌.
    2. 군부를 중심으로 한 정치 세력.
    3. <역사> 중국에서, 독군(督軍)이 사병(私兵)을 조직하여 지방에 수립하던 지배 기구. 특히 청나라 말기

13. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    What does this say? Please stop your misinformation using google translate, thanks!

군벌(軍閥, warlord)은 군대의 상부층이 자기가 가진 군사력을 배경으로, 정부·의회에 대하여 상대적 독자성을 갖고 강대한 권력과 정치권력을 장악한 경우를 말한다. 무장한 군대를 갖추고 특정 지역을 군사적으로 지배하며, 일반적인 경우 군벌은 공식적인 지위에 비해 실질적으로 갖고 있는 권력이 훨씬 크다.

흔히 군벌주의라는 개념과 함께 쓰인다. 군벌주의라는 용어는 위안스카이의 죽음 이후 중국에서 벌어진 혼란 상태를 묘사하기 위해 처음 도입되었다. 그러나 비슷한 현상은 다른 시대와 국가에서도 흔히 볼 수 있기 때문에 점차 뜻이 넓어졌다. 중국의 삼국 시대나 일본의 센고쿠 시대, 현대의 소말리아아프가니스탄에 군벌이 존재한다

한국의 역사에서도 군벌을 찾을 수 있다. 후삼국 시대고려 태조 왕건, 궁예, 견훤이 대표적인 예이다.

중국에서 군벌이란 군대의 수령이 그 병력을 갖고 지방에 할거하여 반봉건적인 영주로서 권력을 행사하는 것을 말한다. 위안스카이, 장쭤린, 돤치루이가 그 대표이다.

==
    군벌
    사병 등의 자신이 가진 군사력을 써 특정 지역을 지배하는 실권자나 세력, 집단. 한국식으로 말하자면 지역 토호나 호족과 비슷하다. 하지만 대부분 일반적인 토호나 호족과는 규모면에서 상당한 차이가 있다. 토호나 호족이 지역에 근거를 두고 오랫동안 지역의 우두머리라는 정치적, 경제적 의미가 강한 반면 군벌은 신흥 군사세력으로 군사력에 기반을 두는 의미가 강하다. 한마디로 말하자면 개인의 군세가 닿는 한 마음껏 휘두를 수 있는 군대를 보유한 사람이라고 보면 좋다.

==
    [​IMG]

==
    LMAO, you gonna teach a korean translator?

14. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea it's saying that the word refers to a "person / faction / force" with significant military presence. To say that it's "warlord" 100% is just misguided. In the context of the story, Militia makes so much more sense AND fits the definition. You sure you're a translator? It's not just a 1:1 Korean to English word, lol.

15. A Wandering Panda

A Wandering Panda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop assuming shit if you're going to whine about others accusing you of the same thing.
    We don't know what was actually discussed between them or have access to the actual contract.

16. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
  17. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    said the guys who threw assumptions. But yeah, only see the faults in others.

18. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    well, I know what I'm talking about since I've read the fucking story. I guess you did not.
    And no, I'm not just doing 1:1. but nevermind, you can believe in what you think so.Hurray the spiritual victory.

19. Szefowo

Szefowo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I question your ability to read the story when you can barely translate the title properly.

20. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    says the guy who apparently doesn't even know korean and even less translating.
    And just taking other people's words as bible and claiming I'm wrong and incorrect when there's sources that seemgly gives more weight on my words. But well, you see what you want to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.