Question Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Where to start?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Danthefanokaku, May 14, 2018.

1. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I’ve read the manga of this series and I love it! However, the manga is decently far into the novel’s material. I’m at chapter 14 of the web novel, and I’m still in the early teens of the manga. It makes sense, sure, but does anyone know where the manga is currently in the web novel? Like, what chapter correlates with the most recent manga chapter of this series? I’m wanting to start off where the manga is currently since there’s a lot of walls of text that I already know from reading the manga. So does anyone know off hand? Thanks in advance!

2. SightlierGravy

SightlierGravy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably chapter 124, but the manga missed a lot of the other characters' chapters. So you'll want to read those before continuing on.

Danthefanokaku and Chiiiiiiiii like this.
  3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one thing you'll want to read is the SS(side stories)

Danthefanokaku and LOTRfreak101 like this.
  4. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I originally read a lot of the story then dropped it. after I read the manga I was motivated to give it a try again and liked it a lot more after I realized that I actually understood what was going on. I would highly recommend just reading through the entire web novel as there are quite a few things the manga either only briefly covers or skips, the most prominent of which are the S and B chapters. plus kumoko has such a funny internal monologue it's funny listening to her interact with appraisal-san/-sama and the rest of her skills.

5. JaysonNg

JaysonNg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The supidest thing jve done back then is not reading the SS which make me regret at the later chapter that made me drop it.

Danthefanokaku likes this.
  6. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, you need to read those side stories to get what is happening. Those ss are initially thought as info dump but there's actually a plot that colides later with Kumoko's story. It makes you think "oh it's like that' but not.

7. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Just reread it all. It has a lot of extra information and side stories.

8. Danthefanokaku

Danthefanokaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm alright, I guess I’m in it for the long haul. Hopefully the translation of the early chapters improves, as I was having a really tough time deciphering some of the sentences. But any, thanks for the advice everyone!