Spoiler Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by snowdeity, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    Basicly, she's spider who only wanted to survive; then ate; then : rested. Hate all those fuzzy thingamy. She became admin because of that lousy D who-have-no-responsible-at-all!

So - if there's no pressure to speak life threatening; there's enough food; there's good resting place - she'll stop.

Most of all : D is the highest admin. Every admins know her ultimatum. Do not cross her relative/subordinate. Shiro-jung also knew that ultimatum too, right? So - why bother upgrade?

mallow and barashkafromro like this.
  2. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Not in this life.

3. Astrum91

Astrum91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured it would take a much smaller role in the story with all the side stories taking priority, I just wanted to check and see if she'd actually keep improving. Even if it's only mentioned in passing, I'd like to see her keep improving and maybe be a match for D one day.

4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it isn't mentioned in passing, because there isn't a way for her to get stronger, apart from learning new ways to use her skills. Which of course she did in about 10 chapters.

5. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm all caught up in the story and I've read every chapter but I just can't understand why Shiro wants to gather people who have ruler skills? Is it supposed to aid with defeating the black dragon guy?

6. babbo3d

babbo3d Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruler skills are representative of authority over the system, she doesn't want the powers.

7. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you explain why she's gathering them though. She's out of the system so the system shouldn't be any harm to her or any other administrator.

8. LittleAsianBoy

LittleAsianBoy The Hidden in Plain Sight Guy

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe she's collecting them to destroy the system. ANARCHY!

9. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    That does sound like something Shiro would do.

10. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's gathering them to be able to measure things well. Jk.

11. Fighnjaci

Fighnjaci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe she is gathering them because she needs them to disable "The System", but also to make sure her enemies don't get it, like the elfs.

The enemy elf patriarch is a Ruler and he seems to be the main antagonist, so she can't allow any of his people get the skills.

12. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She wants to acquire the Ruler skills, and then have them give up their "Authority".
    Potimas has been a Ruler for a while, and even established his "Authority", a feature that basically roots you into the system. Because of this, killing Potimas would directly lead to the collapse of the world. Shiro wants to make sure no other ruler uses their Authority like this, until she can "safely" crush the system without destroying the world and depleting the remaining MA.

engengeng19, Shio and Vrethalya like this.
  13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does she want to crush the system?

14. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the world will end if the system keeps using MA like that. That or gods become living sacrifices for the world.

I'm pretty sure she tries to collect Rulers so that they don't waste a shit ton of MA like Potimas did.

15. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    The system uses the energy to boost people (demon, beast) "supernatural" ability. The energy is not limitless. Its function is not only for people's power, but for maintaining the world integrity.

If people keeps on harvest it for their own interest, the world would be destroyed from energy depletion.

So it's better to destroy that supernatural system.

Think of your computer!
    The longer you accumulate more and more AV files for your own free time pleasure, the less hard disk space.

Once the space is not enough for swapped file, the whole computer may be crashed beyond any recocery program ability.

By that time, the only remedy is : reformatt the hdd and willing to lost all data !

BUT
    If you're willing to delete those million AV files .. you can use your computer for a very long, long time .. for data.

BTW, that damn dragon! it does nothing! Afraid of system crash but still love those AV files that were hard earned...

engengeng19 and Sherrynity like this.
  16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I look at my hard drive....... 10GB free. Shit.

17. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    'Shiraori, our newbie, playfull admin, who actually have a plan to actually save the world'
    A short guide of why shiraori need to gather people with ruler set of skill.
    What is skill. Skill is a support system which is established by the admin so that the people could use a set of magic and skill easily without manually learning about it. Like a hack tool, you earn it, learn how to use the tool, you can hack computers with said tool, but you dont know how to manually hack, nor how to manually build the tool.

Now, this skill is maintained by the world's system. Much like a cpu, the harder it work, then it'll consume more power.

On what power would the system depend in order to sustain itself? It will consume the world's essence, or in other word, the world's life. Normally, there would be a balance on the energy usage, where when the people died, their energy would return to the world, and is ready to be used again (and ofc, the world woul regen some of it's power back). But lately (i forgot why), there's an imbalance within the system, where the taken energy is much larger than the returned energy. This would burden the world and ended up destroying it.

Now, the admin is an entity separated from the system, and had an autonomous power source outside from the world's. the godess (which, in a way, is some sort of a system admin) tried to ease up the world's burden by giving her power/life to sustain the system, and became a part of the system (voice of the godess). This, ofcourse, is not a way out. It's just a way to buy more time. And yes, the problem really is that big that leave the godess to resort to sacrificing herself.

Ok, so, what's all this have something to do with the ruler skill? Ruler set of skill are a set of special skill which could grant you some sort of temporary administration right towards certain specific sin/heroic related thing, and some status and ability improvement. But, eventhough they are able to do so, they dont have the ability to do so, which is why, the system would assist them.

Now, imagine all those previlege, just how much energy would be needed to maintain those skill. It's not just a stat buff, it also came with several skills, and temporaly gained an admin authority. The skill is so powerfull, that even if being assisted by the system, it would still have a strong backlash (wrath, envy, you name it).

Now, shiro's objective is to destroy the system. Not break, but destroy the system so that no one can acess it, and it wont absorb the world's power. Her plan wont work if the system would destroy the world faster than her. So, she need to gather those people with rulers set of skill to control and prevent it's activation (when you gain the skill, you automatically gain the buff, but have to manually activate the admin previlege), so it wont burden the system. This would serve as a proof of how much the ruler set of skill would burden the system

So, why shiro? Wellp, becauso kuro really loves the world. Err, no, kuro love the godess, who loves this world and it's people so much, and leave him unable to take the decision. Deep down he realize that it's the only way, but he just cant. Thats why shiro refers him as a hetare (useless) (i think it was mentioned somewhere on the sidenote)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    engengeng19 and Sherrynity like this.
  18. monstermaaaaan

monstermaaaaan title tile

Reading List:
    Link
    is the order in NU right? am i suppose to read it like this because it seems kinda out of order and there are a bunch of "ones". I hear a lot of praise for it but I'm an idiot and am easily confused so seeing what seems to be multiples of the same chapters bothers me (also it annoys me that there is no next button)

19. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are order of release any way

Pretty much anything that doesn't have an actual chapter number is like a P.O.V. chapter of certain events

20. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is two different translations with one being faster and the other being more accurate... or so I hear from other NUFians...