Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darcia turned Kanako into the pure breed equivalent of Chaos Elf which in turn makes Darcia her mother now and Van her brother. At least that's the way she put it to him at one point

2. Mvjin

Mvjin New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So she’s was an ally nice this whole time I was under the impression she was an enemy. This makes the current translated arc and the future way more interesting thanks

3. Mvjin

Mvjin New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where Can I got to see everyones future status pages I just wanna see how OP they get lol

4. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    The dead bravers divide into a couple of different groups and some join Van willingly. Kanako being one of them

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/ Here is the link to the raws and we just concluded arc ten so there are some stat pages in those last two chapters

5. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going back to chapter 126:
    The highlighted bit is referring to Kanako only (I'm pretty sure), though Japanese can be vague when it comes to singular and plural. This is her saying "I'm not with stupid", basically :blobpeek:

In the next story arc to be translated, we'll see various reincarnators physically turn up on Lambda and while Kanako, Doug and Melissa are initially in a group with Murakami and some others, those three split off on the first day (run away from Murakami basically). Those three (plus Murakami) are the ones who died to Pluto's death attribute mana at the Hexagon and are basically "That shit is super dangerous, I don't even want to try to go up against it" and don't understand why Murakami wants to. Around this point Kanako mentions to the other two that she tried to signal to Van that she was friendly (ie the highlighted bit above). When they finally meet (about two years later), Van comments that her actions at the time were rather comical which is why he remembers them.

There's an additional detail, though I'm not sure I remember it quite right. There's been various thoughts from Rodcorte and his angels about how Van pulls other people into Vida's reincarnation system. However, that's not something that Rodcorte wants others to know about so I believe that he erases this information from all of the reincarnators that are there at the time. However, Kanako managed to somewhat work around this - she used her Venus ability to "save" a memory that would automatically reload later - nothing complex, simply that they (she plus Doug plus Melissa) should all become one of Vida's races. Basically, to make a clean split from Rodcorte's system. This goes down very well with Van. However, the three don't change their race immediately because they're struggling to decide what to go for and it also turns out to be unnecessary for them to change races in order to join Vida's reincarnation system. When they leave Rodcorte's system they lose Rodcorte's blessings and some other things but keep their unique abilities.

Personally I quite like Kanako as a character and in a couple of ways she's similar to Van: on Earth she wanted to become an idol (which could loosely be said to wanting to receive love from others) but it never worked out. It worked out much better for her on Origin until a certain someone forced all the reincarnators to join the Bravers organisation - so she had a few years of success but not much of a career. Then she comes to Lambda which might sound like the worst place for an idol career but she can basically invent the concept from scratch and also gets Van's full support, which is what allows her to put on full scale concerts. I wouldn't be surprised if we see such things in the next arc, but instead of being amongst Van's existing supporters it would be amongst the humans etc of the Orbaume Kingdom (where Van is currently). ie Kanako's concerts would form part of a strategy to mass convert people to Vida. If Van goes down that route, Darcia would probably have the most prominent role though.

6. Mvjin

Mvjin New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How’s bone man fairing during all this so far

7. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    He got upset that when he last ranked up (Believe it was to rank 12) the word emperor appeared in his race title. He thinks its insulting to Van but is holding out hope it will disappear when he gets to rank 13

8. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting another side chapter instead of a main one. I guess we're putting off starting the eleventh arc?

Looks like Quinn is starting a new race out of her evolution. This kind of reminds me of the buggers from Ender's Game

9. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I found this chapter a bit small, but it was interesting to see a new species born of its faith in Vandalieu, mainly because it was only a bee that thought of work with its instinct said. Probably the legion, the half-minotaur girls and that evil god of space and dungeon will join with this bee to create the first church of the Vandalieu.
    I wonder if this bee will appear any further, after all they post their status, or it will start a move that would bring more Geena Priest Bee. I look forward to how this has developed in the future.

FussyBadger likes this.
  10. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I have to agree with you. Looking back at the last chapter it seem like the author wanted to post 244 but switched them out at the last minute. There was a note at the bottom for 244 being released on 3/20 now.

I'm also pretty curious if they will be a one of character or someone like Gopher or Datara who come out seldomly. I think the stats were more to show how they're born pretty powerful for a monster. I think the only other race with that high of a base rank is the Majin race

Claus likes this.
  11. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope chapter 244 is great to compensate for these pauses and this rather slow writing that took place at Fitun's battle (I thought I was going to write that name again).
    I'm also wary of not putting this bee A (I name it that way, after all it's impossible to pronounce its name with the human vocal chords and it gets shorter) as a character that has a mention every 50 ~ 70 chapters, for a while I I was wondering who this Gopher is, so I remembered her daughter bo Borkus, I think.

12. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    How many braver that join van beside kanako and what they do

13. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    3 intentionally and a few more that are in talosheim accidentally

14. TUSF

TUSF Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did that happen? lmao.

15. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    Two of the three reincarnators after Kanata died have somehow or another ended up in Talosheim with their family. One of them got their memories back while Van was holding him. The three after Kanata all chose to reincarnate as an infant and their families are very prominent. One is the child of the Amid emperor that he is hiding away from the current situation and another is the nephew of Chezare and Kurt

16. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I remember about one of them: that smart half-elf Amid Emperor guy could tell that Alda likely wanted him to be removed so started putting some plans in place. One of them was to create a hidden heir, which just happens to be one of the reincarnators who wanted to be reincarnated as a baby. The mother was brainwashed/similar so that she wouldn't actually know who the father was. The Emperor then arranged for the kid and his mother to be sent to Talosheim. The mother happens to meet Zod (that super-muscles pure-breed vampire member of Scheider's party), they fall in love and get married. Because of that, the baby happens to meet Van - this is when the kid is about 2 years old and normally for reincarnators they don't regain their memory until they're about 5. In this case, the shock of meeting Van triggered some memories but it was too much for a baby to handle, so it was only temporary. So the kid is going to be normal until about 5 and then probably going to wonder if he was really lucky or really unlucky to end up in Talosheim, LOL.

Leo William and FussyBadger like this.
  17. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember right the emperor did that so no matter what the amid empire can survive. I think the other one was triggered because Legion in meat form slithered through its room in the middle of the night. Talk about a nightmare

Leo William and Chuuni001 like this.
  18. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do not forget that Redcorte gave reincarnated all a destiny that makes them find Vandalieu, but if they will be like enemy, ally or neutral like those children, it is already something different.

Leo William and FussyBadger like this.
  19. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really remember but to be honest it felt more like a big FU to Alda from the Emperor.

Talking of Alda, is that useless god actually going to respond to recent events properly? He seems to have rather lost the plot. Vida's revived. Alda's big hope in Heinz is out of commission. Van's become a demi-god and is chewing through enemy gods like an all-you-can-eat buffet. Darcia has become recognised as a saint amongst some humans and could well have a big impact on the Kingdom. And Alda's response (in terms of actions) is pretty much zero.

Kilian and FussyBadger like this.
  20. FussyBadger

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not know that. I thought he just placed them in families with great power that is antagonistic by nature to Van

If I remember right he knows that there is something big coming from Alda that could cause ruin to come to the empire. He's not a big believer in Alda so he was preparing for the worst case scenario and the changing of the pope was the reason for his caution. He also knows that schnieder is a Vida believer so he requested him to bring the child to talosheim. All in all you are certainly correct that it is a Big FUCK YOU from him to Alda.

On your other point the only thing alda himself has done is make the deal with Rodcorte about the reincarnators and have his subordinates make heroes. Neither one of them are going to produce quick results or seem like they will hinder Van anytime soon as his faction/side is really picking up steam. His reputation will also take a hit when its found out that his subordinate god's hero had attacked a city and as Darcia's fame rises Heinz will also take a reputation hit for murdering her. At this point I think Alda is just waiting for Bellwood to come back and solve this for him