Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow our netral side seem give new posibility for us.
    Should i considered is as ally
    Huh isn't that mean it's also road to empress , they technically Make princesss after alll.

hillo315 likes this.
  2. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    More like Neutral to Pro-Princess :blobowoevil_horns:

3. Theyasser

Theyasser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Thinking back to this cover don't you guys think the poor van is getting further away from his 3lifes long dream of having muscles. I mean he can't blame anyone for mistaking his gender anymore. He looks feminine , especially his lips no matter how I look at it those are the lips of a girl so are his facial features and body construction (his tights).
    Not to mention his clothing is frilly and kinda cute.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 4 others like this.
  4. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t start this shit. Pro life, pro choice neither is related to DM. Don’t start a political fight.

Arbelbyss, hillo315, Nakakure and 2 others like this.
  5. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Prediction/Hope - when on orgin Van gets and transports to Lambda (ghosts of?) engineers to develop Mechas.

With actual engines they would be far more effective at transforming mana to phisical power, and pilots would provide them with high level battle and magical skills - kind of like reverse spirit magic. Multiple pilots would allow one to specialize with "mecha fighting techniques" and other with elemental magic and "mecha magic". Skanda and Perseus could pilot one together.
    Moreover - possesed robots.

P.S. How do the Demon King bodies work? Are they likecorporial Bander, or more like his remote fragments of spirit... Is there common mana pool or separate? Do they look like his body, soul, or is everyone unique?
    P.P.S. Zadris the Ghoul Queen of Princesses

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they already destroyed the enemy mechs last arc. Remember those giant orichalcum golems that were guarding Peria's resting place? They suffered a 100% complete wipe-out. Now, if Van were to use their remains as material to make a new golem and make it pilotable, that would give us a more traditional mech. He's already used the material to make clubs that look like galleons though, so not sure how likely this is.

Otherwise though, this series does already have Kaiju. First, we got the Legion - Knochen fusion Kaiju. Then, we have Bakunawa, the god-eating Kaiju. Also, if Van's true soul ever descends, that will be the master of all Kaiju to the point where when you realize that's Bakunawa's daddy you will say he really takes after his father, and he might look a lot like him when he grows up.

7. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Way I see it, his clothes are girly is because they may be ghoul's traditional female clothing instead of the male one that must have a different structure due to the differences in their bodies. And the tights, definitely that too. As for his femenine looks, at least for me it is because his blue lips look as if they were painted with lipstick, though it is obviously an artistic desicion since he is supposed to look like a dead body. And it is just me, or they somehow managed to make him look happy without moving his face?

8. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the power of Magical Girls who just change clothing I expect massive difference betwern golems and mechas.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  9. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may seriously have something there in regards to the feminine clothing. As for the "look happy" thing, that's what you call a "Mona Lisa Smile." Seriously, look at the Mona Lisa.

[​IMG]

They say she's smiling. Is she? Well, there are sorta some places in the muscles that give away the smile. It is an incredibly faint smile though. If this were to be re-rendered in anime style instead of realism, which is the style the Mona Lisa is really in, then you really would not be able to tell she's smiling at all. The thing that makes the Mona Lisa such a significant artwork is 2 things.

1, it shows of the height of realism since it manages to so accurately portray the muscles that you can see that incredibly faint smile that is only given away by the slight sign of the drawn muscles that would be moving under the skin. 2. It is a smile that kinda serves as a Rorschach test in terms of trying to read the emotion behind the smile. Everyone sees something different.

So, Van's completely dead face, since he's rendered in anime style, can very easily look like a Mona Lisa smile. As such, you can easily wind up projecting your own subjective view onto his face.

Personally, I think this is a sign the artist is doing truly excellent work with depicting Van.

EDIT: And getting better, just look at how much we keep coming back to this image and going deeper and deeper into how far we're analyzing it.

10. sirin423

sirin423 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The new house of van
    [​IMG]

hillo315, Claus, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't believe I'm actually the 2nd person to post after the new chapter.

Anyway, pretty simple chapter this time. The entire chapter is dedicated to only 1 thing, Darcia going house shopping in Orbaume. Long story short, she winds up buying one of the largest mansions in the city, and the reason she's able to get away with doing so is because it's VERRY haunted.

The decision point for her that made her just go and say "Yes! I definitely want this house!" is when the gate flies open and then a vine grabs Van and drags him into the house, "because the house seems to really like my son!"

12. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be hilarious, but in realistic sense, another World's Great God(s) focusing on a being in another world is unfair to their world's inhabitants, plus all the Gods that share the body would also most likely share emotions to an extent (they're all one Great God and nothing is really hidden between them all basically).

And on the side note, Gods of Origin's Pluto is a 'child' (in a sense) between the REAL Pluto and Van, remember she is a facade who has no similar emotions to the real Pluto and is also a representative of the Gods of Origin to Van (familiar face which doesn't really work) since she is thankful for her existence between the two.

So, what Van did was help not just birth a natural DEMIGOD on Lambda, but helped birthed a GOD on another world basically (eldest child basically).

13. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OBJECTION! Since when has stuff like that ever stopped anything in this series?

Err... yeah, Ok, THAT'S a good solid point. No father-daughter incest, thank you very much.

14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just example

15. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe so, however the disagreement that comes from this topic is extremely unpleasant. Try to use something less contentious.

hillo315 and Szmiiit like this.
  16. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Your objection is understandable as we're getting to the Different Dimension (Origin/Earth/Lambda)/Soul-Focused War (Van/Brainless/Puny God/Greater Gods involved), but there is still a need for some control of their current worlds. Plus we got Van giving his Divine Protection to folks he 'deems' worthy (idk if intentional or not, but did send them to psychologists and giving Avalon some clue though as it is a mass thing). But two things in this case:

A. Van isn't truly a Major/Greater God, but a Demigod/Demiurge

B. Van is a Greater Demon King, and is able to surpass Guduranis by milestones (for being a non-combatant being, no happier feelings tbh since was a fobbit in the Army).

Need to toss a reminder, I am also susceptible to harems with one member being from a family member, and with Van being a hardcore Mom-com (mother-complex) and which happens to be a few, sadly can't remember the English names save for "Sono, Nochi mi.../That person, later on..." (sorry anti-NTR folks for the name, but using it as a basis atm *bows deeply to the group*).

jemini likes this.
  17. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Longer summary.

Starting off, since we ended last chapter with everyone having to hold Van down so the guard can test Ensin as being properly tamed, at the start of this chapter we have Pauvina carrying Van as his punishment. (Basically, you act like a baby and throw a fit, I'm going to treat you like a baby and carry you.)

Meanwhile, as she's carrying him around, the Vampire ghosts of Ternicia's 5 hounds who were alive back when Orbaume was founded are playing tour guide and giving Van a history lesson about how the whole thing went down.

After this, they go over how their intention is that this time they are going to buy a house, and since Darcia is an honorary noble now they should buy a proper noble's mansion. They wind up going to a real-estate company that is famous in Orbaume for having strong connections to the church of Alda because they have a deal where they sell haunted houses and then allow the purchaser to pay extra in order to have the Alda priests come in and perform an exorcism. Normally, the Alda church is supposed to do this sort of thing for free, but they have a special deal through the real-estate company so that they actually get paid money for this.

The real-estate agent decides to go with a sales pitch that, since this agency markets in haunted houses, he will show them the most severely haunted house first so that they are softened up and more likely to accept the less haunted houses he will show them later.

As he's introducing the house and giving a brief synopsis of the conditions that made it become so haunted, telling them how a noble he does not name once was in the habit of buying up slaves and then torturing them to death, Van goes ahead and gets even more detailed information from the ghosts haunting the place and finds out the exact name of the noble and who he's related to and also that this mansion has been further used as a dumping ground for bodies since any body discovered there will be seen as someone having just been killed by the ghosts in the house. The ghost who tells him this, by the way, is actually the ghost of the person who was trying to dump a body and became a corpse himself while he was at it as the ghost house lived up to its reputation.

After this, Van is still being held as part of his punishment, and him and, well... the MTL said it was Natahana holding him at this point, so I don't know if he got handed off to her by Pauvina or if that was just a mistranslation. At any rate, he's brought up to the gate and the gates immediately start to rattle and all the doors and windows start to open and close rapidly. The real estate agent almost faints at the sight, and the newer members of Van's party such as Simon and Natahana and the heart group all get battle ready, where as the rest of the members of Van's group just stand there calmly and Darcia has a giant smile on her face.

Darcia makes a comment that it looks like the house is happy to see her son, and then there is an exposition revealing the thought process that lead Darcia to that exclamation about how the rapidly opening and closing doors and window shutters could be seen like a dog wagging its tail really fast and it's an expression of joy. (pretty clear how she'd reach that conclusion since there's no way anything undead could be anything other than happy toward Van with his death attribute charm which is part of his death attribute which is now a double awakened skill.)

Soon after this, the gates fly open and the incident I described before where Van and the person holding him (Might actually be Natahana since she screams at this) get grabbed by a vine and dragged into the house together. There is also an amusing scene where Van criticizes her scream, saying she thinks she should scream differently. (Not criticizing her for screaming, but saying her scream should sound different.) Basically, showing off how Van's playing and having fun by the mere fact he can come up with something like that in this situation.

After this, the real-estate agent is about ready to faint since he thinks he just caused a noble's child to be injured while showing the house and he's definitely going to get fired. He then goes on and starts bemoaning about "how could the seal that's supposed to prevent the evil spirits from getting out have broken right now of all times?" At this, Ensin winds up showing off that she's actually become very very intelligent as she ranked up, and is now also capable of very fluid normal speech unlike before when all she could say was "Eat." Anyway, she goes on to say how it's likely that the seal could have easily been broken at any time and goes on to say something about thieves being able to go into the mansion that didn't make too much sense in MTL.

After this, completely defying the real-estate agent's expectations, Darcia turns to him and basically says "Ok! I'll take it!" and wanted to sign the contract right then and there. He tells her that with the price of this mansion there's no way she could have carried the money on her, or even if she did then he would have no way to carry it back to the real-estate agency. So, he asks her to come back to pay for it. (This is a fake reason though. His real reason is because he expected her to reject the house, so he does not have a contract on him.)

Darcia assigns a few people to guard the gate and tell everyone the reason the seal is down is because the house has been bought, and a few other people to go inside with Vandaleu and start moving things in, and then she follows the real-estate agent back to the agency and plops down a bunch of bags of platinum and gold to pay for the mansion right there on the spot.

There is a final note about how the merchant's information network quickly spreads word through the entire kingdom about how Darcia bought that large haunted mansion. (Interesting that should come up. I'm pretty sure this is not going to just be a throw-away line. It's definitely going to come up again with someone in a distant town having somethign to say about it.)

Korleone, Bla8bla, hillo315 and 4 others like this.
  18. Theyasser

Theyasser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing about clothes might not be right I mean there aren't only ghouls around him , and he makes his own clothes (probably), and no he doesn't look happy just zoom in and you 'll notice he may even be upset.

19. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    You forget how real estate agent imagine he and his family though

hillo315 likes this.
  20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, this is going to get confusing very very fast. We are both saying "No Origin god Pluto X Van" but for different reasons, and here we're arguing away the significance of one objection but supporting the other objection.

(basically, you say no for god and world things, but yes for incest. I'm saying the god and world things are fine, but no for incest. Just summing up my understanding of it.)

Anyway, not sure what more can be said on the basis of a simple yes Vs. no for incest, and I've already said no over the incest thing, but I think I'm going to do the crazy thing and keep arguing the god stuff doesn't matter.

1. Them needing to keep control over their world is not an issue, Van can world travel in sol form and come visit any time. This would bring his relationship with them, if anything, closer than it was with Tiamat before she did the god equivalent of sperm jacking Van.

2. Demigod status in this series does not mean lesser god. It means a god with a physical body that can walk on the surface of the planet without expending power in doing so. There is no limitation in power, and if anything the demigod is actually the one in the superior position since the demigod has no disadvantage to themselves when they visit a full god's divine realm, but a full god is at a huge disadvantage if they come down to the mortal world.

To make that clear, I'm not saying demigods are stronger than full gods because they're demigods. I'm saying being a demigod is a tactical advantage that could overcome a gap in power if such a power gap existed.

EDIT: Also, "Demiurge" is a term that has different meanings depending on whether it's in the context of gods or the context of philosophy. In the context of gods, the Demiurge is a creator god. In other words, it's something with some SERIOUS power. Definitely a greater god at the least. It's not always the chief god, but in cases of pantheism the Demiurge would be considered greater than the chief god. (kinda like the titans in Greek mythology) The only way the chief god is greater than the Demiurge is in cases of monotheism.