Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is the best and brightest of Puny God (anyone got a counter of how many of his ideas failed? Miserably may I add)....

Also doubt the three stooges wouldn't go anyways, esp when Van takes a step onto Origin, they know he won't kill them flat out, but that doesn't mean he won't be nice to them either.

FussyBadger likes this.
  2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean, which one will come next? I don't think we know of any specific targets except the Bravers in general. Perhaps some of those more generic attacks will succeed (would be more than reasonable). I don't think we'll see any of them but we if get a scene from Avalon we'll probably get some reports on them (plus the main targets). Otherwise if we get a scene from Rodcorte+angels we might see some more dead Bravers turn up. I wonder how big a batch of dead Bravers we'll get this time...

I'm not sure we'll get such a scene. Maybe 50%. I guess it'll depend on how much else is going on in the chapter. For example, the next scene with Bander might be after such a visit rather than during. I do like the idea of chef Bander showing his stuff.... though then someone might point out - why not just buy a ready made meal if they're in a hurry? (Would also require buying all the utensils so would be quite a big stop) Anyway, if we do get a scene before they arrive where Mari is then I guess it would be to show how much Narumi has understood and what she thinks of the overall situation. We should also get a better idea of what Bander wants to happen and how.

I've no idea if Mari will mention that Mei has the death attribute but I expect Bander to bring it up at some point because of the long term implications for Mei and her happiness. Whether he'd do this sooner or later will be interesting. Might be better to bring it up later but I guess that'll depend on what sorts of questions he gets.

I think another scene of him seeing everything fall apart would be a bit redundant... unless it shows him planning something new and sinister.

Yeah, I think the chance of Avalon praying to Rodcorte is remote. A god wannabe isn't going to pray to an actual god.

I don't think we need another scene with Druid anytime soon.

My current guess is that Bander won't want Mei getting anywhere near Avalon. Ie he'll simply encourage Hiroto and perhaps Narumi to go deal with Avalon while he hangs back and protects Mei. I'd expect Mari (Metamorph) and the semi death mages to want to go get some revenge, so I think they'd be happy to go along.

Yeah I wouldn't expect to see too much from them until the end.

Well, depends if we have any twists (like I suggested before). This is supposed to be the last big battle on Origin so it would be rather disappointing if it's a one-sided kerb-stomp.

hillo315, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  3. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    You cut off the bit where I said "except for religious reasons".

4. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    *Prays extremely hard for a one-sided kerb-stomp from hell* :blobowoevil_horns::blobpopcorn_cool:

5. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a simple kerb-stomp then there'd be no need for Van to join in.

We want Van to join in for maximum impact... right?

6. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would Van be dubbed a returner if he goes to Lambda?

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  7. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Van will end up joining anyways, so why not let loose? (Just let Van deal with the government(s) militaries)

jubjub3000 likes this.
  8. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Lambda or Origin?

Also if he goes back to Origin, I'd prob think him more as Jesus (resurrecting after his 'death') in the most literal of sense.

9. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His magic is special ;)

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  10. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Couple of author comments:

If Van himself was on Origin (from the start) then the incident would be over before Hiroto understood Mari's explanation :blobhero:

Avalon's evil Bravers would be shocked to learn that Van already had immortality and had become a god, but they would be more shocked to find out that Kanako and co had already received such blessings (Chaos Elves and Dark Ones have unlimited lifespan after all), since some people who were previously cast aside had already achieved their aims. There's a funny little skit attached:
    Zadiris: Did Rokudou's underlings want to become idols then?
    Kanako: Nah, that's not what they were aiming for.
    Basdia: Then, they were aiming to become one of Vandalieu's fiancées?
    Vandalieu silently collapses.

Confirmation that the inner world where entry was banned was because it had Origin's physical laws.

Rokudou and co didn't suspect that the strange monster might be "Undead" since as far as they're concerned he's dead and destroyed long ago.

Korleone, hillo315, Bla8bla and 5 others like this.
  11. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Truly, Idols are the strongest lifeforms...

And confirmation that Chaos Elves and Dark Ones really have unlimited lifespans!

So, no amusement park?

Then Unknown Lifeform-kun may not actually be a DIO 1 clone, otherwise he may have suspected something. Maybe he think Banda is a DA experiment from another unknown group? 'Cause I doubt he would ever believe it is a Braver ability.

hillo315, Claus and Reman Scimitar like this.
  12. S.a.w..

S.a.w.. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark ones? Dark elves have a 1000 year lifespan, so I assume that ‘dark ones’ might be one of the human variants?

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  13. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I think it was Doug the first one to convert into one after drinking Van's undiluted blood instead of a Blood Potion like the vampires. There is one for the dwarves too but I can't remember the name.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark Ones is the best English translation we've come up for the species that Doug, Luciliano and other humans transformed into after drinking Van's blood potion enough (on top of being Guided). Incidentally, V-Cream could have the same effect. They're basically human in form but have one or two bonuses apart from having no/unlimited life-span.

hillo315, Bla8bla, Claus and 3 others like this.
  15. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, because Hentai Race was not the greatest name ever! I love you MTL!

16. Trov

Trov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's extremely easy to say not to panic when you are not the one having a missile head right for you. These pilots especially can't help it because there was nothing they can do about it. They aren't trained for this situation because if it was to occur there would be nothing they can do. The plane wasn't something built for this kinda of situation. Most planes aren't. Let alone against a top of the line fighter boosted by another reincarnator.

17. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    He is making alternauts[1], I call it (again).

[1]ALTERNAUT - obscure term for interdimensional astronaut coined by Rafał Kosik

hillo315 likes this.
  18. Alex927

Alex927 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevertheless, I have almost pity for "Avalon".
    The guy is pissed off for years to prepare the perfect plan leading to his elevation to the divine level, to the creation of death's servants and the elimination of all his braver opponents by planning every detail and recruiting the people with the most great powers. And everything fails against one thing he could not foresee.

hillo315, Bla8bla, jubjub3000 and 2 others like this.
  19. Mesaphrom

Reading List:
    Link
    More like something he decided to ignore (a possible survivor of the 8G) and decide it was irrelevant.

20. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, if Rodcorte had ANY common sense, this whole situation wouldn't happen. For Avalon it is reasonable to think that the god isnt an idiot, and there is no suprize extra reincarnation.

hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.