Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I seem to be later and later to the party after each chapter posting since I started writing my own story. Anyway, time to have a celebration for calling it on Van becoming part of the God of Origin!!! :blobhero::blob_grin::blobtaco::aww::blobsnow:

He even got the extra bonus of, unlike Pluto, having an actual connection to his God of Origin form. As in, full connection! I am late in saying this since someone else already got there, but that has GOT to have implications on his stats. He's more or less got the same thing with the God of Origin now as Darcia has with Vida, except more so since he's also part of the god itself as well and able to have 2 way influence between them. Will Van finally get a descent skill? That would be absolutely insane, descending a god from another world.

Van IS the one and only person who could possibly descend the entire God of Origin too. It's a being made up of multiple conflicting faces and personalities, and has thousands of voices all speaking different opinions. I think if absolutely anyone else descended that they would instantly loose their sanity. Van has already double awakened his skill that is effectively a reflection of one's loss of sanity, so the ship's already sailed there.

...Yeah. If that winds up being what happens, I don't think any amount of training to handle Bellwood will ever allow Heinz to match up with Van now.

Bla8bla, hillo315, Nakakure and 3 others like this.
  2. Shadowsiver88

Shadowsiver88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guy like jemini said this is a big deal,but also a great new possible power up for all his people. Think about it now that Van is apart of Origin all the things it knows he will know, and because of his record skill he can start remaking Origin tech in Lambda, as Origin is far closer to Lambda then earth. Here's the kicker now that van is apart of Origin he can start getting them all to working together as one.

As shown with Banda all his skill are still usable by his clones and so are his DKF and Soul break powers to a degree. Now unlike Zuruwarn who has to go back and forth between worlds to negotiate vans there 24/7, and with his influence growing more powerful thanks to faith from both Origin and Lambda and his powerful skills they may just start working together. If that happens unlike what jemini said about just him descending the whole god on just himself which would be cool and i hope happens, his people who raise their descend skills high enough get to descend different gods of Origin on to themselves.

Like Kim getting Zeus or Pluto summoning Pluto you know something like that, now i know what your thinking how can they separate when their one god, as show by Van and all his high rank undead Long-distance Control. I'm just saying why keep saying there multiple god's in one and each of them having there own opinions, so the keep getting in each others ways unless they have a single goal.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is... an AMAZING theory/prediction. But please, don't post in a single block of text. Try to get some paragraph breaks in there somewhere.

Anyway, going back on what I said about Van having just one-upped the Bellwood god descent skill, and now with Avalon coming to Lamba likely as the true reincarnation of Guduranis. I can seriously imagine a scenario in which Avalon goes nuts and starts killing everyone in one nation. Probably Amed considering that we've gone so far with pretty much emptying that entire nation of everyone the reader could be convinced to care about and leaving it with only contemptible people. So, after Avalon pretty much kills everyone in Amed with a death shockwave or something, he's recognized as the demon king everyone has been hearing about (because nobody there imagines the real demon king the gods have been preparing everyone for is this sweat little 13 year old boy.)

Nobody native to Lamba can defeat him because they need death magic resistant equipment. Van is the only one who can make death magic resistant equipment. Van could also defeat Avalon easily himself, but can't show that off too easily. So, Van starts mass producing death magic resistant equipment and Orbaume fields an army. At the same time, Van reveals himself as the emperor of Vidal, and has his own army combine with theirs. The united front goes in, and then Godwin or Borkus kill the new Demon King, thus solidifying a New Race of Vida as the hero who took down the new Demon King and raising the standing of even the most grotesque races of Vida in the eyes of the public.

After this, there is just the final showdown between Van and Rodcorte, then whatever happens to Alda. I'm predicting he is taken out by the Vida aligned gods who are now FAR more powerful than him due to the Alda faction having lost all of their believers in Amed.

So, yeah, call that my prediction for the fanale. Densuke has shown a bit of a pattern of Van always being the one to weaken the major threat before someone else deals the final blow, but having Godwin be the one to finish off Avalon having fought him from beginning to end just sounds like a bit of a neat way to wrap everything up on the Lamba end to me.

(Of course, I also want Zod X Darcia, and for Van to get no more freaking harem members, but Densuke does not seem particularly aligned to either of those.)

Bla8bla, hillo315 and toxinpsd like this.
  4. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many more chapter do you think until the finally?

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  5. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember, Asagi already trying to make counter DA items as he sees Van's DA a threat to life over in Birgit Duchy unless he changed AO already (his vow post meeting Van at Kanako's campsite), and that itself starts a war later on.

6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    30 minimum, could be as high as 90. It really all depends on how quickly Densuke wants to bring the plot threads together. I am absolutely certain he can pull out another entire arc, which might be the final arc.

Pretty much, all of the plot threads are starting to come together already and it would be a little bit of an ass-pull to come up with something that keeps things from wrapping up in the next major arc. Major arcs have been trillogies so far, so that is where the 90 comes from. At the same time though, I am really having a hard time seeing how things could drag on beyond two more volumes at the rate things are going right now, and I could totally see it being wrapped up in the next 1 volume as well.

So, short answer, it will take as many more chapters as the author feels like. Even so, not too many. Not more than 100.

hillo315 and toxinpsd like this.
  7. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see it ending that quickly. Its not a korean novel, so it shouldn't have a rushed ending. I would be surprised if it ended in less than 3 arcs, though I suspect it will 5+ more. I think the reason why it was so fast paced was because the author just wanted to finally be done with origin. It will likely slow back down upon returning to lambda.

Bla8bla, hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there is something you are leaving out of this equation. Chapters in Death Mage are about 4X as long as the average length of your standard web novel. That means that 90 chapters of Death Mage is equal to 360 chapters of most any other series. If you think 360 is a reasonable length to wrap up a story that's already (checks how many chapters Death Mage has already) 1600 chapters long, then it should be pretty reasonable to assume 90 is a good number of chapters remaining for Death Mage when it is already 2 shy of 400 chapters.

The various plot threads really are all starting to come together in a big way, and that 30-90 chapter estimate WAS taking Death Mage's normal pacing into account. If I thought it was going to remain as fast as the Origin arc has been going, I would say the next arc after this one is absolutely the final arc, it will probably be getting all the major fights done around chapter 20, and then we will have 5 or so more chapters worth of resolution after that.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't see it. Death mage takes things very slowly. And Van just now started to attend school, something that we've been waiting a long time for. There is still so many things left in the story, if everything suddenly started to coming together, it would feel rushed. it should be spread out over a few more years in lambda (perhaps van will be 16 or so when it ends).

10. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we know how much area can Avalon remove live from with his death waves and 80M mana?

hillo315 likes this.
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The major plot threads are...

-Alda-Vida war part 2 (will be resolved last)
    -Van's vendetta against Heinz (Set to be resolved in the next arc or two)
    -Unrest in Origin (Will be resolved by the end of the current arc)
    -Other Reincarnators Vs. Van (Will be resolved with Avalon's appearance and subsequent death in Lamba)
    -Van's political maneuverings (He will probably reveal himself as emperor of Vidal in the arc before the final arc)
    -Van Vs. Rodcorte (Will be resolved super last, almost immediately after and in the same arc as Alda-Vida war part 2 is resolved)

No matter what way I slice it, every single one of these major plot threads seem to be coming to a close, and one of them is already resolved. All the living gods are revived, and have alligned against Alda. That's going to speed up both the Van's political maneuverings scenario as well as the Alda-Vida war part 2. The speeding up of the Alda-Vida war will also push the confrontation between Van and Heinz to happen sooner. Finally, Avalon's appearance in Lamba will advance the Van's political maneuverings and Alda-Vida war plot lines as well.

The reason I say it looks like everything is wrapping up is because the major plot lines are ALREADY tying themselves together, and if even one more of them get resolved it will force the others to start becoming resolved rather quickly in something of a domino effect. Also, when an author wraps up one of the major plot threads that has been a long standing plot-line through the series, that is often a sign that they are moving seriously toward resolving the others as well.

Also, as much as you all have been wanting a school arc, I wouldn't expect too much of this. From what I have seen of it so far, it seems to be giving off signals that it's not going to have a whole lot of social interaction between Van and the other kids at the school.

EDIT: Actually though, I WILL grant that the plot could hold on for a while longer if Rokudo plays it smart once he arrives in Lamba. If he tries to play some sort of long game instead of just going crazy, there could be at least 1 or 2 more arcs added to my estimate. So, the entire pace of the remainder of the series is actually going to be set by Rokudo and what he does. So, look for that if you are trying to pace things out.

NekoMK2, Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  12. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realize, With Van ability isn't he basicly the head of Gods of Origin if Van want it he can just eat other gods of origin or said " you are me and i am you" and become the god of origin. For eating other gods since the concept for Gods of origin born from human faith Van can literally eat for eternity until human of origin perish:blobowoevil_horns:. i think he can level Ouroboros job quite easy but Van is good boy he will not pay kindness with cruel thing.
    With Van ability separating gods of origin maybe posibble since van can just tore gods of origin apart let's just hope gods of origin have many core or they will just destroyed for eternity:blobowoevil_horns:(this have really low chance though).

I wonder if there conection between gods of origin and human from origin .
    In the past world of origin always hit by disaster, then human start prays to god, God of origin born/appear, the world of origin stabilize, because disaster become less human start to forgot the gods , the gods disappear, the world of origin become unstable and disaster become more happen. This circle will end when human of origin are extinct:blobexpressionless:.

Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  13. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Van will give Alda a trashing first, then Gurdanis will be like "yeeha, sneak attack". Once they deal with him, Alda will understand how much of a fuck-up Rodcorte is and all the damage he caused to their world, and join forces with Van to punish Rodcorte. Remember that Rod is now a god of Lambda, as such, Alda's authority will work on him.
    While Rod is incapacitated, Van & CO, with help from Rod's familiar spirits, will take all of Rod's knowledge in regards to reincarnation systems and rebuild the 2 (possibly 3) circles into a single, much more stable system.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    hillo315 likes this.
  14. Szmiiit

Szmiiit Lightweavers' Hemalurgist

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too bloodthirsty towards Alda and Rodcorte (as the real purputrators) to seriously consider ANY of them to join Van, but what I take from your post is
    and the authority does sound like something Van can get after eating Alda.

Bla8bla, Nimitz, Chuuni001 and 3 others like this.
  15. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This idea pleases me.

16. dio

dio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking back at the start of DM, I would never have imagined that a story about a mc that can use death itself in a world where you can become stronger by killing things would be so awesome, Densuke did an insane job 'til now.
    Forgive my mistakes pls~

17. Nimitz

Nimitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But Van doesn't need Alex's authority. Van got his own authority, called death.:blobowoevil_horns:

Bla8bla, Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  18. dio

dio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way, how did van get the soul break ability? is it because of the death attribute? If so can Avalon(?) learn it?

hillo315 likes this.
  19. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    He learned it in chapter 44, long before he turned Talosheim into a thriving monstropolis.

Yes.

Yes. Luckily, Avalon doesn't know that destroying souls is a thing.

Bla8bla likes this.
  20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One careless conversation with Rodcorte can change that. Presumably, he should want to keep this information from him since Rod ought to know Avalon has DA now. However, Rod is an idiot. I am making absolutely no prediction as to whether or not he's going to let that tidbit of information slip, because I could just as easily see it going either direction.

(He might even decide it's fine for Avalon to know about it since Lamba's going to be disconnected from the system anyway.)