Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Culaio, in this case it is more about understanding and perception, the fact is that rokudo does not perceive the souls in a tangible way, he can feel them but he can not see or touch them, the only reason he could use magic of the dead spirit, is because the other spirits of his followers already saw him as a god. On the other hand, the time they spend outside their body and in solitude, allowed them to better understand the nature of souls. the magic of death like the rest of the magics in the universe of the death wizard, are based on your understanding of the attribute, it is not simply casting the ball of fire spell, it is understanding the spell and the nature of your attribute to visualize the different options, so that a simple ball of fire is divided into several projectiles or mixed with earth magic to form a ball of magma.

So one more victim for the faction, Princess Zadiris never rests seems. talking about the issue, if the princess faction, the magic girls faction and the idols faction enter a war? Who would win? or more importantly, what a faction belonging to Zadiris who has been a pioneer in all three.

the title of murderer of santa mother would be as if you had an affinity of one to one hundred, and automatically makes any race of life that you find have less than 5 or less than 10 affinity, but in case of the useless girl, as you already have practically an affinity 110 with heinz does not affect it.

finally: so the hopes of heinz are that after killing van he is the undisputed leader of the vidal empire, chosen in a legal way and accepted by both the people, as the church and the heads of the different cities of the empire, and at 40% or 50%, alda, the supremastic oppressor who has governed by 100,000 under a regime of extermination of races of life, suddenly change his mind, and decide to let them live. Sometimes I wonder if people who still believe that heinz can be saved are reading the same story.

Korleone and hillo315 like this.
  2. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine when Elizabeth sees that Mahou Shoujo Job, reports to Zadiris and she tells her that she and others already got it, including Darcia. It would be interesting if Zandia-chan were to be called too. It would be specially interesting if Zandia were to meet Katie Hartner during that time too.
    It would be even more interesting if her name were to be reported to the tamer's guild and people were to find her name in old reports "Isn't that the 2nd princess from Old Talosheim!?". If that were to turn into a rumor, it should ease Katie-chan's job of convincing her family to apologize.

No, this means that you either forgot what happened or you didn't understand what happened at that time (Oh please, really?).

Go read it again, the reason why Banda wasn't able to cause any damage on his soul is ridiculously obvious and very well stated.

As such no, your statement is incorrect and is based on misinformation.

Yes and no, souls have predispositions for certain personalities it seems, that's what we could understand from Ervine's battle, Van didn't need to destroy him, but did because the personality of that guy is dangerous. This of course can lead to different skills and and so on.

However the reason why people awaken different technique skills is unrelated to that, it's just the idea of practicing something and doing it better, if you are training under someone, since you are inheriting knowledge, it's quite likely that you will inherit a skill, cause that's what you learned.

If you start using things in a different way however, you can awaken different skills.

Here are some examples.
    Code:
    Thousand Transforming Arms Technique   Darcia
    Dismantling Cooking Knife Technique       Darcia
    Hunting Bow God Technique               Darcia
    Sword King Technique                   Borkus
    Armor King Technique                   Borkus
    Death Lion Axe Technique               Vigaro
    Demon Queen Axe Cutting Technique       Basdia
    Holy Shield Technique                   Jeena
    Crystal Blade Arms Technique           Myuze
    Time Sword Fighting Technique           Eleonora
    Illusion Thread Technique               Bellmond
    Slaughter Sword Technique               Isla
    Moving Chains Armor Technique           Isla
    Hollow Bone Swordsmanship               Bone Man
    Bone Shield Technique                   Bone Man
    Bone Armor Technique                   Bone Man
    Radiant God Sword Technique               Heinz
    Holy Light Armor Technique               Heinz
    The translations are mine, I think Yoshi had translated Darcia's Short Sword technique as Hearth style or something, anyway.
    Darcia's unarmed uses her Chaos ability, while the other 2 are limited for hunting and cooking.
    Borkus was a "normal adventurer" and used his weapons the normal way.
    Vigaro got his through his new Spirit Form/Materialization skills
    Basdia's most likely is related to her use in magic together with physical skills.
    Jeena is a priest besides being a Shielder,
    Myuze has a Crystal body
    Eleonora has been using Time Magic together in her swordsmanship
    Bellmond is turning into a Shinobi
    Isla... Just the name should be enough to understand.
    Bone man Shield and Armor could be considered similar to the usual King technique, just that it's based on bones, his Sword Technique however is certainly unique thanks to his unique skill blade bones
    Heinz also acquire unique techniques thanks to his mixed usage of magic and magic equipment.

So it's about the usage and adaptability that things awaken, otherwise, it's like you are saying that Vigaro would only ever awaken his skill if he were to learn Spirit Form, and this is certainly not true, this was the result from his experiences and necessities for the moment, he wanted to be stronger, he ranked up and got 4 arms and so on, if not for that, he could still have gotten some other technique, although most likely "generic".

------------------------

It's also important to remember in regards to the past that it wasn't simply "Bellwood was at home, he looked through the window and saw an ugly person and decided 'this should be exterminated'".

After the war, the world was mostly contaminated, and Vida found the Bahn Gaia continent habitable, she made her races and together with humans, dwarves and elves friendly with these races, they used all the inheritance left by Zakkart as much as they could understand it and started their civilization.

Bellwood invaded, killed many and destroyed everything he could, and took up the lands for his "humans", but at least Vida was still able to create the Boundary Mountain Range.

----------------------------------

And at the same time, you must always remember that while Van may be capable to do some stuff, story wise they could be too obvious or too boring, just like Rokudou needed to survive to still allow Rodcorte to have a way to act, otherwise, he would not be able to do anything anymore. No tricks, no attacks, no more fuck ups to entertain us.

So before considering "Van could do that and finish this", do question yourself first "Wouldn't that be generic? Boring? Could there still be a story after this?"

Katie being guided can be easy to guess, but at the same time, isn't she extremely scared of the situation yet? She just found out that her allies can't be trusted fully, her allies want to help but can't, the one she is afraid can support but doesn't really care. And if it doesn't work, she won't have a future, either because she is afraid of Van attacking her family, or because she is afraid the war between gods will affect Hartner, and Van will do shit to help her family (Including now Rokudou who could reincarnate at any time).

Can she be guided by Van? The way she is now, that's absolutely no. Unless she is guided by Kanako or Zadiris (We don't know if she will have any resistance to "princess"), she could also calm herself with Sieg and Sarua, but at the same time, she kinda of have more potential not being.

In fact, I just noticed something, in the past I suggested that once Avalon reincarnated, Asagi and Urd would be able to detect him, however, neither of them had any friendship or way to contact Van... This is not true anymore, she can sense Van and knows where he is, if she senses someone else, she should find it strange, this could even get her some more points.

Of course, is it good to kill such an important card of Rod? We know two things, one is that Rod doesn't want to risk Van getting his cheat, another is that he needs Avalon alive to destroy Talosheim. And Rod knows that power-wise, Avalon has minimal chances of being successful against Van, he can be annoying, but strong enough against? Only if the DK's soul are used, but that should be the last resort. So I don't expect Avalon to appear directly anytime soon, specially before Heinz attacks. I do however think of him to be the reinforcement that Rod wanted, someone that will actually be annoyingly threatening, one that is intelligent enough to not allow Van to easily reach and kill his agents (Moriya and the others).

Another extra in my mind, we have 2 reincarnators heavily damaged, so what can be done with them? Last time we got something like that it was Edgar Gudu. So basically, Rod may soon show Rokudou his DK souls, and Rokudou may have the intention to implement them on himself or maybe even the others, after all, if they are afraid of fighting against Van, why not brainwash or add some DK soul on them, maybe Rokudou himself could even start learn some extra abilities that he could notice Van has already used.

This is getting extra long...

Edit 1: Small update with new contents.

Urd is studying at the Mage's Guild, so don't expect her to join the same school or stuff, rather, it would be easier for Van to join the Mage's guild, or maybe Zadiris will join there (to guide Urd too?).

Someone suggested the idea that, what if Urd were to see Van in the past, what effect would Root have? Densuke doesn't seem prepared for that, so he left it as a "I wonder".

In regards to Rodcorte checking the conversation with Urd, it's not necessarily the case that he is checking her in real time, so it's possible that he has nothing for now.

In regards to the relationship between the Angels and Van, neither really considers each other as a Friend. Basically, while both have similarities in their objectives (deal with Bravers), both have completely different motivations. To Van, the Angels are not necessarily friendly and could very well be enemies, but they are being useful for now, so he doesn't mind treating like a friend.

Van doesn't know them personally and if they ever enter in his way, he will do it. It a pity that they would have to die, but that's all they amount about.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  3. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thx for info : )

Sorry for missunderstanding, honestly I am pretty forgetful I based on what I saw in your post, without thinking about anything I read before about that event, and since I cant read story myself I was trying to make resonable guess : )

I know how unique awakened skills those characters have, though I was mostly thinking about completly normal people awaken skills without any external factors(like other skills: Materialization, attribute magic) influencing direction of awakening., like difference between Sword King technique and Radiant God Sword Technique, like difference between someone prefering to wield sword with one hand and someone else prefering to wield sword with two hands, a simple difference in prferences.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword King is the basic awakening. It lacks the personality that other types of awakening has and one handed vs. two handed will not really matter.
    Radiant God Sword Technique is that persons personal way of fighting with a sword.

Culaio and hillo315 like this.
  5. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone send me the description of van's staves?

hillo315 likes this.
  6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think his physical real world staff is ever described other than the fact that it's fashioned from the bone of an evil fish god. The staff carried by his soul form is described, but it's in MTL so I can't make heads or tails of the description. (All I could really make out is something about the STAFF having tentacles coming out of it.)

hillo315 and toxinpsd like this.
  7. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it fidirg or that sea evil god?

hillo315 likes this.
  8. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sea evil god

hillo315 and toxinpsd like this.
  9. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    How about fidirg was it describe?

hillo315 likes this.
  10. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Long, thick, sturdy, numerous. :V

toxinpsd likes this.
  11. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    No detail huh? Also sorry if im being annoying for posting short reply

hillo315 likes this.
  12. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The staff the was Fidirgs is a staff with a five headed dragon on the top if I recall correctly

toxinpsd and hillo315 like this.
  13. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I see, that makes sense.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, if it has "god" in the name, or something similar to it, it's a 2nd awakening technique (3rd tier.) The 1st awakening (2nd tier) techniques have "king" or something similarly more conventionally "down-to-earth" powerful in the name. Things for which you respect their power and don't see often, but any average person at least has the hope of laying their eyes on once in their life. The 3rd tier techniques use things in their name that it is the rare, once per hundred generations person who will ever see the creature/thing/being referenced in the technique name.

hillo315 likes this.
  15. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks ssj4 maiko, you saved me a useless comment. I should have checked the state of van and I would have saved problems.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    hillo315 likes this.
  16. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why he was not injured is because Banda was never able to attack him... It very well explicit that Banda didn't reach him, in fact, it was very well explained that before Banda tried to attack Rokudou, Moriya's Ghost was also nowhere to be seen, and Banda broke the souls of 2 people, but both were the 2 other fanatics.

And who would have rescued Rokudou and Moriya? That was Rodcorte, it was the whole deal of the chapter, how Rokudou was rescued in time.

Just connect the dots, please, I know you can do it.

Let's try again:
    Why was Van certain that Rokudou was fine even when Aran told Katie that Rokudou received Soul Damage?
    That's because?
    It's easy
    Because Van was never able to attack Rokudou. :D
    Not because of Attribute resistance nor any other non-sense, it's simply because there was no attack, because Rodcorte saved Rokudou and Moriya, so the attack never caught any of them, so they never got injured nor received any soul damage.

Hopefully I don't need to repeat myself anymore...

Correction, we have already seen 4 possible tiers. King (Borkus's Sword, Jeena's Life, Van's Dark/Nether (Mei) and No-Attribute), Emperor (Darcia's Life) and now God (Van's Dark/Nether (Mei) and No-Attribute).

Of course, one could say that King and Emperor are of the same rank, but I kinda find it hard to be, maybe Emperor and God are more likely to be on the same ranking. Borkus is also soon to awaken his Sword King, so we can see what it will awaken into.
    Then we now have Princess, which although is more of a Zadiris Custom (Although, mind you, Privel also has a Princess Water magic), I guess it's more related to Magical Girls rather than aristocracy levels. *shrug*

You know...
    He awakened cooking...
    Back in Arc 12...
    From cooking all the Demi-gods...
    Like Cream Past...
    Goon Salami Pizza...
    Madroza Bacon Pasta...
    Blateo Fritto...

So...
    Ehh...
    What do we do here?
    I don't know why you think it has not awakened?

Have you read the chapters?
    It was quite explicit, like usual, cooking awakened into, and everyone was happy eating Demi-God food...

* shrug *
    ---------------------
    Well, I had edited the previous post with extra info from comments, but anyway, I made a new question, or more like a suggestion to Densuke, reminding him that Heinz was very pissed of at Van about Taxes in Hartner, because TAXES are very problematic, and it's all Van's fault, so Van could just ask Katie-Chan to do something about it just to dismiss his argument. Plus remind him that Heinz is a noble named in Hartner, so, you know, Van hates that guy.

Another was that he could get Zandia as a registered undead and spread her name as the former B Ranked Adventurer and former 2nd princess, this should boost Katie's credibility, and well, she is the Tiny Genius, one of the best mages overall who can use every attribute, certainly she could attract some good attention (unless you are an Alda fanatic).

It would be fun for Katie, who is studying in the Mages Guild to find out Van and Zandia doing experiments and stuff right there.

------------

Also Hurray, I found that NUF had a Dark Theme! If anyone is interested, in the bottom left corner there is a "Flat Awesome" next to a sweat drop icon, click/tap there and select another theme. :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  17. toxinpsd

Reading List:
    Link
    ssj4maiko and hillo315 like this.
  18. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw chapter is out

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  19. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    and I think that the first fragment of the soul I was going to get from Edgar, but no, it turns out that he will be from Rokudo, and I think that they would have an intelligent plan, but no, it turns out that his plan is the same as had the whole world, use fragments of the demon king against the amorphous creature that up to now has assimilated everything that comes into contact with him, the only difference, we will give him soul to fight against a soul-cum-everything handled by someone who has proven to be a thousand times weaker than him, what could go wrong?

ImanotherGuyFroyou, hillo315 and Zing like this.
  20. Bla8bla

Bla8bla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And now, Bakacorte's idiotic plan-like plan had advanced 1 step closer, again, to oblivion.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019