Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. YuexHajime101

YuexHajime101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t mind being spoiled it doesn’t ruin the series for me in fact it makes me look forward to future events.

hillo315 likes this.
  2. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Adult at 18 not 16, that is women for some chauvinistic reason. And Basdia told him that someday they would have children. Someday. Also ghouls were fucking weird about sexuality at the time. And they thougth he was a dwarf and was older than he looked, which is actually explained. And after no one mention anything about sleeping with him except as a gag about youth restoration. And if we are using fantasy land laws, all of them are marriage candidates, something that is sometimes decided at birth there. Still, I will admit that that was pretty much one of those "sure whatever" moments in the story that I don't think too much about anyways because is not even important to the story at all.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link

I get that they are waiting until he grows up to go at it with him but that still doesn’t change the fact that the woman marked him at the age of 3 while the ghouls are kinda open about sex I don’t think it’s normal for them to take a interest in a kid like that. And while it’s true they normally some people get engaged since birth it’s usually between kids of the same age. Can someone tell me if Alda starts to suffer from Van’s actions? Also has the naive “hero” Bellwood awoken yet or is he still in a slumber? And are there any decent gods personality wise?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    hillo315 likes this.
  4. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens when the boy has Death Charm.

As a side note, ghouls live for 300 years, give or take and dont change much in appearance. Why would they not peg somebody as a potential mate when they grow up?

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  5. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda still believes he can win the war like two previous (apocalypse) war.
    [Van indeed weakening Alda's force to some extent]
    Bellwood has awaken for a very long time but he feels guilty for all he had done so kept hiding until Heinz found him.

hillo315, Bla8bla and Mesaphrom like this.
  6. Mesaphrom

Mesaphrom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With that you mean that Bakunawa, Van's son, went Kirby on them. Then again to fill his second stomach. Then a third. Then he nom nomed on Van for a bit and went to take a nap like a gud boi.

7. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Then there's Van with Divine Enemy and Great Demon King/Dark Magic King combined (probably forget one or more practical God/apocalypse level jobs).

8. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that even after a thousand years have pass van appearance wouldn't even changes and don't forget his already 50 years old

9. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always imagined that Darcai must have been between 50-200 years old.
    well, in human society I should choose between 1 of them, but if we take into account that in the Vidal empire there are the arachnes and empusa, couldn't I choose all three?
    Go a character from a fantasy novel that starts as an antagonist and although he does not become a friend of the protagonist, he gets background and character growth.
    and with this Densuke kills about 50 theories.
    I even begin to feel sorry for Bellwood, even the second strangest being on the planet considers his actions stupid.

No one is going to mention that the Arda stake needs the objective to be still, basically Densuke just said that Arda is completely screwed, because if there is something Vandeliu cannot do, it is to stay still without doing anything.

Wow, Juliana has gained a lot of ground, I think we all know where this is going.
    the novel has said it many times, different races, different cultures, for some the age is only a number and you can do it as soon as you can reproduce, for others you are a child up to 100 years old.
    Never, Van brings the parents to Talosheim, not much happens besides the change of race with a hug from Darcia who is almost crying (actually I think she was crying a lot but I'm not sure my memory sometimes fails) due to the reunion and the presentation of Vandeliu and his mutant undead adoptive sisters.

the problem is that zaridis has no problems with her appearance, she is fine with her current body, her problem is that everyone insists on treating her like a girl, including the god of the states apparently.

hillo315 and sirin423 like this.
  10. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue itself is going after a boy sexually when he’s 3 I get it people are immortal and have different lifespans on Lamboda and that age is kinda irreverent for some people but going after a child like that without knowing his true age is not ok in any way shape or form regardless of culture. Can someone give me a brief run down on the various relationships Van has with the Bravers that arrived in Lamboda? Does Van ever kill Heinz?

hillo315 likes this.
  11. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you get a little confused, the only one who thought about doing it with him at that age was Basdia, and that is why in the Ghoul culture it is normal that if you can generate "seeds" you participate in reproductive activities, and after clarifying the Both things decided to do it at 18, although since Van is much more liberal nowadays and things are much more stable, maybe he will change his mind, I understand your point, it is something that happens in many current cultures of the earth, and in Those cases are basically an abuse of minors protected by the laws of the country, but here, it is something that has to do with the behavior of the races that literally have DNA imprinted on reproving and preserving the species.

on the companions, entered this battlefield, I will attack you with everything.
    Currently there are several peer groups:

1- those who reincarnated as adults in lambda and allied themselves to Van, led by Kanako, who is now an official fiance of Van, because his attempts to pay his alleged debt to Van became an obsession and later a legitimate attraction on her part.

2-the neutral reincarnations, which include the dwarf girl who escaped to the archipelagos, accompanied by a member of the murakami group, and who now run a trade company and spend their days watching Van's fighting from their chairs in the Beach.

3-The reincarnated as children: the 3 who were born in the middle empire moved to Talosheim and have personally revealed their identities, they were accepted without problem, Katie the daughter of Duke Haner is also a reincarnation and is already in an alliance with Van Or rather, he tries to prevent his father from doing something stupid worthy of Van wiping the dukedom off the map.

4-the group of the enemies with Van: all dead and with the soul destroyed, there is only one that is not worth mentioning because in its current state it is more useless than Robcorte.

5-Those who continue in Origins, are now basically allies or are at peace with Vandeliu, mainly because Vandeliu hardly cares about anything that has to do with the Bravers themselves and only cares about what it has to do with with Mei. ps: Narumi met Vandeliu, asked her if he was the one who saved her, and he left yes, but that it was nothing special, and that he feels nothing for her, neither attraction nor hatred, also the Amamiya marriage continues standing and staying healthy.

6-a second group of death mana test subjects led by Black maria, the former metamorph who became a death mage due to Avalon and who now adores Van and Mei. and Mei and Hiroshi, the children of the Amamiya, Hiroshi was a normal child, he had no talent especially no attribute, so Van taught him non-attribute magic, to later give him a male transformation stick, which looks like a kind of costume 3 meter robot, with skulls and black bones mixed with the metal, which makes it look like a very cloudy power rangers monster. While Mei, due to her upbringing by Banda, grew up in a very, peculiar way, she loves things that should disgust her, she sees ghosts, zombies and mutants as fun and pretty things, she likes insects, she completely trusts in tongues (to the point that when he met Van the first thing he did was stick out his tongue to see if it was true that he and Banda were the same) and he has a very healthy love for tentacles.

he has not managed to kill heinz, but he has managed to kill edgar, although that was a collateral death, although very satisfactory in his own opinion, the truth is that the important thing for Van is that they are dead permanently or completely incapable of hurting someone , like in kill bill.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  12. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link

You said the reincarnators currently in origin are at peace with Van from what you said to kinda just seems like they aren’t allies or enemies but neutral for the moment is that correct? Why is Van taking care of Narumi’s children shouldn’t that be her job? Does she actually love the naive idiot hero or is she just staying with them because of their kids? I heard that there are former classmates who think Van is evil and want to persuade him to stop using death magic or at least seal his powers and that there are those amongst his classmates who aim to take his life what’s going on with them?

hillo315 likes this.
  13. toxinpsd

toxinpsd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well mei is a death attribute user and has strong attachment in one of Van's alter ego, banda. Furthermore hiroshi is training with using no attribute magic.

14. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link

Is Van not worried that she could become a problem for him later on and that still doesn’t answer why he’s taking care of their children and how did those children meet Van when he’s in another world? It’s not like Van has any form of feelings toward Narumi and the leader of the braves kinda seems like someone who would get on Van’s nerves so I can’t see why he would bother taking care of their children.

hillo315 likes this.
  15. Shadowsiver88

Shadowsiver88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did the author ever say way he stop doing the Appendix chapters

hillo315 likes this.
  16. Blue_Minnow

Blue_Minnow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Banda is attached to Mei, she is the shadow figure. Van guides some reincarnators and kills the one's who are evil, doing Amamia's (?) job and showing him that Van isn't bad. Van takes some of the people who have death magic into his inner world to protect them from research, including Mei and her brother (even though he doesn't have death magic).

17. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, Bellwood's plan was so stupid that it looped back around to genius.

[​IMG]

Bla8bla and Nimitz like this.
  18. Blue_Minnow

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiroto is a normal boy who has normal attribues; that's his problem. His parents are the leaders of the Bravers with super powers, and so people had high expectations for him. Banda teaches him no-attribute magic because no one else can use it in Origin, not because he doesn't have attributes.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  19. YuexHajime101

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a risk of the demon king taking over Van id he were to get all the fragments? Can someone explain to me how the kids of that idiot and Narumi met Van did they die as children and reincarnate in Lamboda? What’s the leader of the “hero’s” stance towards Van? Does Narumi actually love that idiot or is she staying with him because of their children? What’s going on with the former classmates who are trying to seal away Van’s power?

hillo315 likes this.
  20. Blue_Minnow

Reading List:
    Link
    No.
    They did not die.
    He is neutral.
    She loves him.
    They are not making any progress and have not really done anything, but they did help when Gudu attacked.