LCD Legend of Concubine’s Daughter Minglan

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ? What do you mean? Like the chapter numbers?

2. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope we see something about what happens to the sun family... Hmph.
    That idiot clearly didn't understand, the only reason that official was polite to him at all was because sheng wei was his father in law.
    I'd love to see him shamed later... But it probably won't happen~

Kalmaegi likes this.
  3. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the latest chapters. Glad Minglan made a new friend in her cousin and lol is the grandson from a family friend who keep bumping into her the future husband? He's somehow always there when marriage talks are said. Their interactions are hilarious regardless.

Magicwafflez likes this.
  4. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    Minglan is the healthy realism I feel historical novels don’t aspire to be

5. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Minglan handled qi heng much better in the books than in the drama... She seemed wishy washy there, but this is perfect. Tell him plainly that his conduct is unacceptable and he could destroy her life if this meeting came out.

Ran ahzu and Octam like this.
  6. Kalmaegi

Kalmaegi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait. There's a drama?

Magicwafflez likes this.
  7. Pau

Pau Useless Hamster

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there is the drama adaptation.

Kalmaegi and Magicwafflez like this.
  8. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm~ I like the parallel of sheng hong and wang shi talking and sheng hong saying he'd not have the face to see qi daren if he requested marriage... And now qi daren is telling his wife the same thing, only about asking for minglan as a concubine...

... Asking for minglan as a concubine tho, humph humph... In any case I hope princess is prepared for her mistakes. Minglan would have been a wonderful daughter in law... And that 6th princess girl looked spoiled.

Ran ahzu and Kalmaegi like this.
  9. Ssavilin

Ssavilin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Asking for minglan as a concubine tho, humph humph... In any case I hope princess is prepared for her mistakes. Minglan would have been a wonderful daughter in law... And that 6th princess girl looked spoiled.[/QUOTE]

Facing a mad main wife, cold mother in law..haizz... Lucky Ming Lan chose what the best
    But poor Qi Heng.. Why didn't you fight enough for Ming Lan if you really loves her?..
    Don't know will we read about Qi Heng's parent think about Qi Heng unhappy life later. Will they still has the same opinion or they regret it?

Ran ahzu likes this.
  10. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    You would think molan would learn to keep minglan out of fights... Yes, everything minglan says is correct, but also, she's never going to offend wangshi for her. Tho I guess she was just trying to deflect some ire into minglan, who shakes it off like water from a ducks back~

Hm~ hanshi is very high level for the sheng household... Being so filial that she gets wangshi to release her herself xD.

Ran ahzu and Kalmaegi like this.
  11. MaeLee

MaeLee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries, you'll get something great in later chapters...;)

12. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    I will?! Yay~~!
    Comeuppance seems to be a thing in this novel... Ke'er down...
    Hong'er is so adorable,,, I hope he gets a good girl~

13. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read some MTL from raw sites and the chapter count seems different from the english one. Are the TLs intentionally increasing the number of chapters by breaking them into parts? Any place they mentioned about this?

14. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing the raw site where they're getting their materials has cut it up, meh~ I'm just happy it's being translated at a reasonable pace~

I've been looking forward to this ch in particular for a long time~ and I can't wait for what happens next >=D

Octam likes this.
  15. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Bahaha~~~!!!
    YES~! Linshi and molan those foxes are so used to outmaneuvering wangshi and rulan, they got cocky and awoke the sleeping dragon!
    You wanna play pitiful against minglan!? She has no mommy and spends her time making comfortable shoes!
    Watching those 2 kick an iron board is fun~ you'd think they'd learn to keep her out of stuff, they weren't in a good position.

Kalmaegi and Ran ahzu like this.
  16. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do appreciate how even if Molan and Concubine Lin are set up a little cannon fodder-ish they aren't criminally stupid. Their assumptions and actions seem consistent with their given background and the setting. With Lin-shi as an example why wouldn't Molan believe that appearing in front of a bunch of men in public could be used to her advantage? It is a bit silly how easily Minglan out-maneuvers them every time but thats the protags perogative (or for a more Watsonian reading Minglans Sweet Filial Baby act is just That Good)

Leilacus, Kalmaegi and Ran ahzu like this.
  17. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya,,, tho I'm not surprised they get out maneuvered by minglan,,, if you think about it, molan is like 13,,, going up against minglan, who has the mind of an adult, of course she can't think of loopholes quickly enough...

There's also the fact that those 2 don't really have competition in the scheming department... If their one trick of crying has never failed before, of course they won't think of new ones? Which leaves them flatfooted when she counter attacked.
    And unfortunately, when someone who doesn't usually scheme joins the ring, they get an extra hit of authenticity because it's the first and only time it's happened.

Kalmaegi likes this.
  18. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a question, How many chapters until Minglan's husband is selected?

19. Magicwafflez

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm~ it's difficult to know what the numbering is, since idk where the translator is getting their raws...

The raws I MTL label this last ch as 61 instead of 75,,, and her marriage happens around 102 in my raws... Take that as what you will,

That said
    she's gonna marry Gu TingYi when he's done sowing his wild oats. I feel a bit bad for hong'er, but it can't be helped... Iirc lots of plot happens between now and then

Anyway, there are still 3 other siblings that need married off first, yanno?
    Chabgfeng, molan, and rulan are all gonna need married first~
    Patience, that battle field will come soon enough~

Kalmaegi likes this.
  20. SM3LLY

SM3LLY Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always forget that the female characters in Ancient C-novels are all babies like I assume that they are At Least in high school but noooo they're grotty middle schoolers at best and even when they're married they're like 15. Minglan is physically around 11 right? GTY completely dismissed her as a child at the temple so I figure shes like 5 years younger then I think she is
    I accidentally found out about Gu TingYi when I was looking at C-Dramas like a month ago:blobsob: my reaction was very much a "Really???? That Jerk???" Since thats about the only thing I know about the future plot I'm really looking forward to how the Author makes it all work out

Kalmaegi and Magicwafflez like this.