LCD Legend of Legends

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by akki, Jun 4, 2018.

1. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 135: a twist I didn’t see coming. If mc takes part in two different battlefields then does the gold carry over?

On a side note I hope this second battlefield doesn’t cut out real life time. While the battlefields are interesting I still wanna see him get into conflict with other novice/experts in real life.

jolly-crow likes this.
  2. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Newbie -> Expert -> Champion -> Hero?
    Is this right or not? Because i'm mostly just skimming the chapter

User01 likes this.
  3. jolly-crow

jolly-crow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We already had a bit of that with the hypnotist girl. As people from Earth keep coming back from the Dimensional Battlefied and awaken abilities, I think the different stakeholders in the Pentagram will start knocking on Junhyuk's door. Hypnotist girl already have Junhyuk a scare or two. Still, Junhyuk plays in a different league (literally so now) and he should be able to curbstomp any upstarts, no sweat.

I'm very interested in this new development, the novel was in sore need of a change of pace. I think Junhyuk has been duped in that he will go solo to the Champions' Battlefield, probably having to face off against fully-fledged teams from other dimensions. I wouldn't mind Junhyuk taking a loss or two, for a change, but I predict Sarang will activate her third power in the next battlefied, the one after that at the very most. Jeffrey should also have a chance to become Junhyuk's ally here.

A very interesting thing I've noticed while rereading, Junhyuk has been succesively identified as Novice 007, Expert 01, Champion 1. Sarang was Novice 012, Expert 03. Notice the pattern? There are only 3 digits in Novices' codes, 2 digits in Experts' codes, a single one in Champions' codes. This probably means there can only be 999 novices (including dead, failed ones), 99 experts and 9 champions. I suppose the summons will stop when that champions quota is filled up, regardless of whether they make it to hero.

Who knows, maybe Jeffrey is Expert #2 and it's him who will quickly become a Champion and come to Junhyuk's rescue. Junhyuk should be able to ascertain his status very soon, with the glasses.

4. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hypnotist girl is back. Which seems real quick to me. I did find this stupid though. The people are already on the plane and they’ve got no problem killing the secret service agents. Then they see the girl and have to confirm it’s her before they kill her? Wtf. Why would they not just kill her straight away.

And why would the people not assume that she’s recovered her powers? If they’re working with people from the battlefields then they should know that once they go there they recover from injuries. It’s a stupid mistake.

If mc activates another power and becomes a hero you think he’ll have to join a different battlefield? Or can he carry on staying with Artlan and the others?
    That should be it I think. Unless there’s something else in between champion and hero~

5. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, very stupid. Even with the glasses on, considering the father was there, they could just have killed first and asked later. If she had been a decoy, she knew what she was doing anyway.

If I'm not mistaken, 99.9% of the people that come back alive from the Dimensional Battlefield, do so in that crazed state. Only exceptions we know are people with activated powers (main duo, Jeffrey, Anna), the Blood Sword serial killer and Doyeol Kim himself. Considering Doyeol should have gone only once and he came back power-less, maybe he was just lucky and didn't even suffer an injury? In any case, the people from the Pentagram don't know better. Which is a bit of a stretch, sure, as the number of survivors must be sizable at this point, and it's weird the Pentagram has none of them on the payroll. For starters, they could have asked Jeffrey...

We better don't look too deep into this. This scene could've been written way better.

It's a good question. My current theory is that the purpose for the allied heroes, and heroes teams in general, is to bring up heroes for these new dimensions joining the Dimensional Battlefield. So as soon as Junhyuk becomes a Hero, their job will be done. Or they may keep fostering Sarang for a bonus? Who knows, they may stand on opposite sides some day.

In any case, I do expect Junhyuk to leave the nest at some point, leading his own team on the Dimensional Battlefield, in representation of planet Earth. It's true that there's the logistic issue of what does he do in the interim between him becoming a Hero and Earth producing enough heroes to fill a team.

Possibilities: 1) as I mentioned before, while the member count for the Valley of Death battlefield is 5 Heroes and 5 "summoned powers", the numbers may increase for higher leagues and battlefields. Once the allied heroes get rid of Batter and them, they may be promoted to one such battlefield. 2) Junhyuk will fight for a while in a division/battlefield for single hero teams, where he will be able to summon Sarang, Jeffrey and others as supporting champions/experts/novices.

akki likes this.
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Most recent chapteR: 139
    The protagonist's statements are contradictory, minions that died under his watch where also from "Korea"
    He did not seem all that bothered.
    He is not consistent.
    Also, the mindset of the heroes is quite stupid
    If people can awake powers the longer they survive why let all the minions die?
    Am I missing something?

7. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I commented on this. Lots of new, unexpected development, turning the real-life setting upside down. There's a lot to look forward to, with the upcoming Champion's Battlefield (although Jeffrey being still a Novice is a let down) and the monsters encroachment on the real world.

The twist isn't particularly original (Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society comes to mind) but it sure came out of left field, there was zero foreshadowing hinting to this. Mind you, not that I dislike being surprised, often times authors like their foeshadowing so heavy handed that it becomes telegraphing.

Still, I was expecting the real-life action to develop along the path of secret societies, much in the manner of Arena or Acquiring Talent in a Dungeon (I loved this T_T). I wonder, why is it that they are all Korean?

In any case, it's a welcome change that will accelerate plot lines and (I hope) help Junhyuk assemble his own DB squad sooner rather than later. The novel had also become a bit previsible with the mostly harmless real-life arcs and the repetitve battles in the Valley of Death.

This chapter (142), Junhyuk walked himself into the lion's den. In a place where Doyeol Kim is god, with his lethal robots; working alongside Elise, totally not a mad scientist, and her pet AI.

Btw, what do you all think about Eunseo and Elise having high health and mana? I held some hope for my "Eunseo for nakama" theory when it was just her, thinking she had just come back from her first battlefield, but still suspected it had to do with the experiments Elise had been doing with mana and blood stones, trying to heal her crippled legs. Now that Elise has even higher stats, the second hypothesis becomes even more likely.

Wujigege likes this.
  8. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    And going there with the mana stone...he knows they know what it is. So he should’ve realised that they could possibly detect it on him. He probably shouldn’t keep it on him.
    They will gain powers and join his team. He’s the leader, Eunseo can be the second in comman/strategic officer, Elise is the brains and even Sarang is there as the healer. Next person he meets can be the tank lol.

jolly-crow likes this.
  9. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no. Remember he has to bring his Dimensional Battlefield items on him for fear of his home being broken into. Well, he could actually try and hide them in a self storage place, after a few rounds of teleports and misleading, but it's really too much of a hassle. More so when at the heart of the matter lies the issue that nobody expected Elise and her pet AI to be able to detect his trinkets just like that. He should just buy a magical pouch already.

Wujigege and akki like this.
  10. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this feels like arena.

except arena is much better and the MC is a much better character.

in this novel, it's obvious that the MC is utter trash. it's very clear he has plot armor and his character is trash.
    early on, it was very clear that the supermarket girl is the love interest but instead, now we have colleague who wants mr. popular and the MC is going after bossgirl who looks down on him.
    it's also ridiculous how he refused to be the model for the government but when threatened to model for the company or get fired, he's like "okay"
    not to mention at that point, he is already clear that he will be summoned back into the world every week or so and his life in the "real" world is kinda pointless.
    then start the 2nd round, he's like "okay lets go work cus my time on earth is not important anyway, besides the fact that the hero told me to get a stronger body so i won't die and it's stupidly clear that i will be the targeted by every thing next battle"

fuck. if only arena TL was faster. it's so clear that this is just a wish fulfillment novel right now.

the only sad thing is that arena is so brutal....vs this one where the MC is able to create a harem in a battlefield...i guess it was already revealed in chapter 2/3 anyway. the MC won't die no matter what so yea, he gives no fucks. doing 100 squats a day will let him wreck heroes and champions with his pinky.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  11. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s not discuss the latest chapter of this novel. Instead let’s put this novel down while raising up another novel.

Good job~ (y)

Wujigege likes this.
  12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice way to evade all the issues the novel has. i guess we can only discuss chapter 142 today huh and 143 tomorrow?

not to mention that this novel is so similar to arena but so bad compared to it.

13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Then again a protagonist who makes no mistakes in those already know the future novels are boring.
    Haha don't bother. Arena is crap. So forgettable that I mix it up with Life Howling.
    A dunce who can string around secret service agents...oh yeah, very believable story :facepalm:

You both ignored my previous post. Not cool!! :blobunamused::blobthumbsdown:

User01 and jolly-crow like this.
  14. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m just pointing out this is a latest chapter discussion thread. If you wanna find faults with the novel, compare it to another novel and say what’s good about the other novel, then you can do that in novel discussions threads. Create one and go vent there~

15. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    First, aren't Arena and its mc way more about wish-fullfilment than this? An all-knowing mc, being treated by the system as a sort of "chosen one", getting an "unparalleled under the heavens" skill synthesis cheat, and stronger by the 7th exam than most veterans of 20 exams will ever be?

Second, this is novel that truly complies with the "weak to strong" trope, mc starts from 3rd-class sidekick, and that makes for a story very different than 99% of what's being translated right now. It was on the premise too, if you don't fancy just don't read, you dumbass. It's not as if there are no further options in terms of trashy novels with wish-fulfiment writing and "unparalleled under the heavens" mcs.

Third, this writer knows to write meaningful side characters, be it useful allies (Sarang, Artlan) who will lend a lifesaving hand at times, or enemies with agency (Bater and them, Doyeol, hypnotist girl). Arena tries its hand at this but 99% of problems are solved with mc being badass. If that's what you require in order to not call an mc trash, I strongly recommend you to never pick up a book outside of wish-fullfilment webnovels.

Fourth, you should be a bit more thankful for Arena's translator, as they're responsible for single-handedly pushing out this novel. Self-entiltlement truly knows no limits smh.

Surely Arena's K-Drama level of soap opera is much more to your liking. Also the harem, everyone chasing after mc's dick, is so not wish-fullfilment. Are you a supermarket girl yourself perchance?

Also, go home with the bitterness. You don't belong.

User01, Wujigege and akki like this.
  16. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    On the side of the heroes, I think it's about cost/performance. They've shown time and again that they don't really care about the minions, they're not babysitters. Their role as minions is just that, to die for them in suicide charges. It's true that their contribution to the battles appears so pointless that they may as well let them farm for an unlikely advancement. But maybe leaving the opponent's minions unchecked is too much of a risk? There's also the fact that (at least on the division they're in) they can only summon Novices/Experts/Champions for a total of 5 activated powers, helping minions evolve wouldn't be so useful if they'll leave you by the end of the round.

Now in the off-chance (remember that before Junhyuk became the 7th Novice, there were already 200k dead from Earth) that they do evolve to Novice and beyond, then the Heroes start showing care, even on an emotional level. I would pinpoint that inconsistency on this mismatch, going from utterly callous to sacrificing their chances of winning in order to ensure Junhyuk and Sarang's survival. Maybe you can fault the dismal odds of advancement for this callousness. Or maybe you shouldn't really look too much into it, this is kind of a premise of the story, it's not like it throws internal logic down the drain.

As for Junhyuk, regardless of how badass he's looking as of late, he's still a subordinate to the Heroes and he can only follow their lead. Mind you, he's always been unwilling to make unnecessary sacrificies, and he's taken some small measures on that front, but winning the round will always come first.

Meanwhile, he's top dog in Earth (until the Guardians invaded), and of course he will be moved into action if it hits close at home. I trust he's wise enough to not engage in battles he can't win.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 145: here comes the talk~ a lot sooner than I thought it would happen. I like how it’s happening with the direct approach. Though it would suck if mc pretends he doesn’t know what Doyeol is talking about.

18. jolly-crow

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just going to comment on this, Doyeol laying his cards on the table. So much hype!!

I think Junhyuk will agree to a basic cooperation, bringing back stones from the DB as long as he's able to. But I don't think he'll bend his knee so much so as to become a goon like Jeffrey. Should stay by Eunseo's side for a while, until a conflict of interest arises that pits him against Doyeol, Elise or both. They're too ambitious.

I hope they never get their filthy paws on Sarang though.

19. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s too powerful for them to be able to control him. And he doesn’t owe them anything like Jeffrey does so I think he should be fine. To what extent will he reveal his abilities? That’s what interests me.

Staying with Eunseo would be best. And with this revealing of everything at least now mc could heal her without the need to hide it~

20. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 147: I did not see him quitting. On the other hand it’s a good plan to search for things he can turn into items in the battlefield. Surprised he hadn’t already started doing that.

jolly-crow likes this.