LCD Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Dec 6, 2015.

1. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Balkan wasn't only an alive young man, he was also not weakened from Shire's poisoning, or brainwashing, which is what he should have, if it's just based off of what Weed used as reference for the sculpture, a flashback/cinematic where Balkan's ideals were being twisted by his apprentice. So Balkan should have been weakened, when revived, and his memories of who he was last, changed him when revived, he immediately went back to being a Lich, but he changed his weakness, so that he wouldn't be killed in a similar way.
    Plus there's this:

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're assuming that Balkan hadn't thrown off any influence from Shire long before he died. You're also assuming the influence from Shire weakened him. Also poison naturally wouldn't show up on him. That's like someone being revived with arrows still stuck in all of their organs. Poison is an external condition. Levels are not. Thus level would carry over and poison would not. Like I said your comparison doesn't work.

I can even give a guess as to Balkan's memories. Let's say the characters have a soul that records their memories and abilities while they exist. Balkan having lived as an undead would still be recording. Thus his undead soul with his abilities are then placed into the version of the body that Weed gives them. He then turns himself back into a lich and gets back the racially locked ones.

And this means helps your point how? You're the one claiming that his abilities will change from what we've seen. The skill doesn't say that it will revive them at their strongest.

3. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't seem to understand poison, it causes damage to internal organs, damage that would have persisted with the poison removed, and on that point, so do arrows. How does this help my point? Easy, at the point of his first death, the form the sculpture is in, he was weaker than he should have been, having been starved, poisoned, and corrupted with someone else' obsession. Instead he came back at his peak health, with the abilities he cultivated as a Lich, the only thing holding him back was his living body.

4. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    No. In real life these things might cause permanent damage but are unlikely to do so in royal road. Especially when you're talking about an extremely high level person. When was it ever said that Shire tried to kill him? That he was starved and poisoned? I think it was that he used dark magic to influence him into the path of Necromancy.

I would argue that the form of his sculpture isn't literally right before his death either. That would probably actually require Weed sculpting the arrow wounds or whatever killed him. Adding a weary expression or something to show poison. Sculpting as super thin and such if he were starving.

5. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Poison to weaken his will, and drive him to obsession, Shire's magic wouldn't have worked on his master otherwise. Under that obsession with dark power, he worked nonstop without food or sleep. Wasn't Shire trying to kill him, it was Balkan not caring about his own life anymore, the further into "darkness" he went. None of that was evident when Balkan was resurrected by Weed, he just wanted to regain his Lich powers, and bring death to the continent.
    I'm talking about his human death, he was already a Lich when all that battle damage was done.

6. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Weed didn't sculpt it. Those would still only count as temporary debuffs and not an overall weakening like a level drop. Besides we don't know how long Balkan was in that state. You're assuming it's right up until he became a lich but does it say that?
    I'm talking about how such things would be shown in general. Weed didn't sculpt a crazed guy that's starved so he didn't get one. He didn't sculpt arrow wounds so they wouldn't show up either.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  7. noriga

noriga Smile ..

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Moonshine Sgulptor

LordBS likes this.
  8. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kappa

9. Jev

Jev Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does the author make it seem like weed had prepared little for the war? Why did he not make the emperor and the lich beforehand and just summoned them? And weed's plan was to hope that the emperor just does something instead of telling him what to do? I also wonder if weed had made the lich out of mithril instead of gold, would he still have a weakness to it? It is also weird that he decided to turn into a lich when it just became morning. He also kind of wasted his sculptural destruction by putting it into strength when he was going to turn into a lich, why not a death or doom knight so he can still fight and summon undead. But i cant wait to see what happens next.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking that too. He could have made an amazing lich or emperor statue beforehand. He seems to have become a lich as a backup plan though. I'd have had a disaster or two sculpted ahead of time as well. Maybe the gates of hell opening at the same time as a super long solar eclipse.

The emperor will do what he wants.

I think making the statue out of mithril would have weakened him. Like Balkan with that holy sword in him. You see him getting harmed by his holy fire still.

A lich is obviously better at summoning undead than a death or doom knight. Those are primarily fighter classes instead of necromancer classes. If anything he should have tried to become an abyssal knight. At any rate the stats from sculptural destruction were likely redistributed to wisdom and intelligence when he turned into a lich.

I'm hoping this battle pushes him to Advanced Undead Summoning.

11. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    They weren't, that skill is a once a day type, so he's stuck with the boost to strength, even in Lich form. I wonder though, if he couldn't have resculpted Barkhan, to take that form, and get the boost to Necromancy, without the Holy Flame affecting him so badly, since he wouldn't be undead...?

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    We don't really know as the author hasn't talked about it. That being said I don't think it would matter if the skill is once a day skill. They're entirely separate issues. The shapeshift skill reallocates his stats to favor his new form. The higher the stats, the more there are to put into the favorable stats. I see the disadvantage here being that the strength stat would be split between multiple stats instead of going all into one stat. Also he's like not given skills for the extra stat points.
    I don't know if there's any point to that. Weed is already a human Necromancer so that might not do anything at all. Point was him transforming into a lich which changes him into a form optimized for necromancy.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  13. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Weed himself complained about how he had already used it to boost his strength, and it wasn't helping him anymore. So we do know that it didn't work that way. Barkhan is a very specific Necromancer, maybe it would be like when he sculpted ArtHand, some of his features adding to, or changing his stats. Anyway, that part has already passed, so it's just an idle curiosity.

14. Jev

Jev Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking that does it really matter if he turns into a lich or not because he is already a necromancer. Sure the lich is the best at summoning undead but since he already put his stats into strength he might as well be a combat undead and still get a boost to necromancy from being undead. I also think he cant become an abyss kinght because that seems like a legendary monster that he just choose to be or create. I think that because Barkhan never had an abyss knight and also why did weed not turn into an arc lich instead of just a normal lich? I assume that weed is just not a high of enough necromancer to be one.

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    No he didn't. You're clearly expanding Weed's statement to support your point. Weed said his undead(thus himself) would be stronger if he used it on Wisdom. Period. He said nothing else on the subject.
    ArtHand is still a different race. Lich still adds some racial traits that are helpful. The 45% increased effectiveness of absorbing health and mana from his undead and the greatly increased HP and MP.

This is a go big or go home moment. A combat undead might be even worse at summoning undead than his regular form since his stats are being reallocated to favor combat. He doesn't need pure combat power here. He needs Necromancy. Otherwise he could just stay as his regular form. There's no evidence that a death or doom knight get bonuses to summoning undead that regular necromancers don't have.

16. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    When he turned into a lich, his stats were reordered, but he kept the heavy emphasis on strength, because the boost to strength was a skill.
    Arthand was a different race, but Weed put thought into all his details. He gave him a bigger, more clever, head, and dexterous looking hands. That's what I meant, maybe he could make a more "Dark Sorcerer" or necromancer, looking sculpture, one that is still alive.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you read ahead? Because otherwise none of this is based on anything said in the story.
    At the end of the day it's worse than a lich no matter what.

18. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    As I said it was an idle curiosity, not a serious thing, but he could always do like Barkhan and just unalive himself if it didn't work out.

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessarily. That could be an advanced undead summoning or black magic spell. Weed isn't guaranteed to be able to use it. It also might permanently turn him into a lich.

20. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    From which volume when mc fighting giant at new island?