Discussion [let us rant] Harem manga

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lil K.O, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salokin

Salokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I care, there is only one acceptable way for a harem anime should end...

Any harem which ends with "and then he picked the one he truly wanted" feels like the ending of School Days...

TamaSaga likes this.
  2. Edonis

Edonis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In most harem endings, each girl has a fanbase. So if the creators or author chooses a specific girl they would usually get some type of backlash. So there are only a handful of ways to solve this.
    One of them being the Harem ending where the guy ends up with all the girls.
    second would probably be the ending where the Protag doesn't choose any of the girls.
    third would be the ambiguous ending and the game goes on.

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with a harem ending, as nice as it would be to resolutely pick one, the fanbase of the other girls might be too large. Many people watching or buying the products do it for a specific girl they're rooting for, what happens when that girl doesn't get picked? Loses?

Then again it's nice to see the MC choose a girl. I mean look at what happens in Witcher3 if you try to get both.

3. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya but, Tenri was submissive af. Keima wasn't into that at all. One of the reasons he even took notice of Chihiro is because she defied him at every turn and that annoyed him to no end.

4. Fahmfir

Fahmfir Beginner Town NPC

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, keima choose chihiro because she's unpredictable
    He cant read her like he read other girl
    So he cant see the ending

5. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So were the other girls. Keima want to be left alone to play games and tenri was going to let him do it.

The only reason why i see him picking Chihiro because he wanted to be "normal" but yet he still rather play games.

6. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost think they did that tho so the female fans wouldn't get "offended" by it. I agree it's nice to see him end up with someone but, the amount of time and effort that went into that relationship to simply cut it off is a little sad. Even tho Trish is a backstabbing fake.

7. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    We can debate all day about the girl's personalities and why he chose her, but at the end of the day, it's set in stone. Lol, we can only deal with it.

8. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh still think it was a weak choice and cried about it. :cry:

Delirious likes this.
  9. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was not even mad at the ending, it just left me empty and feeling very sad because Toujou Aya was the best girl to me

10. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Still was one of the Best Harem manga for me, even if the ending wasn't what I was hoping for.

11. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    it is rather disappointing when the author forces such things, rather than going off of the synergy shown up to that point. like, if the MC was an M and was shown to secretly have a thing for the person that treated them like shit, then it might fit for them to lean towards the odd choice, but for the MC to spend time getting to know multiple people and only genuinely enjoying being with one of them, it's a bit of a kick in the nuts for the author to go "yeah, but... fuck you, i'm the author and i ship this instead." if they're gonna be like that, then they should have just put more effort into actually building up the couple AS A COUPLE instead of keeping 'em in the friend zone or something until the final episode/chapter, and to hell with all the side dishes, that were far better developed, whose only purpose has now become filler to keep people guessing, before getting dumped on their asses. if they're lucky, they'll be paired up with some other side character they barely know and live happily as well. otherwise, they're just shown to be living their life and following their dream. alone.

waleuska likes this.
  12. Heyu

Heyu Not enough space

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah bad ending for twogk

my opinion is the longer you walk the harem route the most you need the harem ending, otherwise you were just a jerk playing the non chosen girls feelings and would piss off all the people that feels somehow represented by them and their circunstances/feelings

13. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember that the MC to Dungeon Defense is a child of a harem owning MC. Wasn't he deemed a criminal and such? The multiple accounts of treachery that took place within the harem was also delusional and horrific.

14. crow14

crow14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like this ending kinda betrays what the series stood for in the beginning

God of conquest? pfft the ending was too bland/lame coming from god of conquest if i remember correctly chihiro disappear since goddess arc all the way and appear at the end and poof end wtf

waleuska likes this.
  15. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    I for one feels the ending pretty appropriate.
    Though I always wanted for the Boyish Ojou-sama to win because that way female Keima will make more appearances.

16. Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls

Legion_Harbinger_of_Souls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All harems should do what demon lord Daimao did, make the protagonist marry ALL of them

17. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^This.

I swear authors do not understand synergy. Alive the final evolution had the same problem

18. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    ur title starts by saying harem manga rant but u r really pissed off at TWGOK coz it didnt go like u thought u would?and isnt it the best possible outcome considering the rest of the school targets and CF were all Angel vessels....and he did say that there will be no ending with the CF....

19. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    welp. . .
    who are you a mortal trying to question the world where only GOD knows. . .

darn it. . .
    you will suffer some divine punishment!!

20. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't hate the ending very much, its good that the author choose his end rather than to feed people what they wanted.
    but yeah.... Kanon should have an extra episode for her own route. I hate the fact that she got stabbed and bedridden the whole manga.
    She doesn't deserve that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.