LET'S MAKE SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY CLEAR

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Parth37955, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazyh3

Crazyh3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it was 10%, then that would give us 160M muslims who are terrorists. This would give us 760M potential terrorists in the world.

Terrorism is not a 10% thing, it's not even a 0.01% thing. It less common than that.

[​IMG]

People need to realise there is something wrong with ^^

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah. Could care less about radicals...we have a lot of regular decent muslims here...I would rather they not feel targeted and clumped together

3. ultrafunfun

ultrafunfun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand humans.We, undead, have no such problems,and we are together all the time,cuz' we don't sleep...

runsing likes this.
  4. Skuzze

Skuzze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    70% of statistics are made up on the spot.

CountryMage and Rickymex like this.
  5. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people who say they are atheist are in reality deist. The moment something bad happen in their life, they would pray to god, any god or the god.

runsing likes this.
  6. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't expect people to stand for what I say, I expect them to disagree. If people cannot tolerate someone else's opinion that's their own problem. If people get arrested or in serious trouble for their opinion, then that's idiotic. The Internet has become a hotspot for people with unpopular opinions, because they get publicly harassed for it.
    I'm a big proponent of freedom of thought and freespeech, so I disagree with this change. (Although it's been like this for a while.) Bad opinions should be challenged, not censored. But whatever like I said not my forum.

7. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    thats why we have different words ^^ islamist=terrorist / muslim=moderate believer of allah

8. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a Trump supporter myself, but I do think people overreacted to his candidacy in many ways. This quote taken from a solid Atlantic article really strikes a chord:

Liyus and Stormingtiger101 like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He'd also have to ban all the people who hate specific series, and take every opportunity to bash them, despite having reasons both terrible and vague to the point of omniapplicability

Stormingtiger101 likes this.
  10. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I think part of the problem is that people tend to associate terrorist groups with Islam. It's not. These sick twisted people wrap a religion that tolerates peace into something unrecognisable and disgusting.

11. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. That sums up Trump's candidacy quite well. I also agree, the reaction to Trump's candidacy has been over the top.
    Preassuming someones belief is a bit foolish of you, especially when someone is in a time of crisis. And even if one were to pray to a god in a time of crisis it means little to whether they believe in one or not. It could just mean they are looking for comfort, and they don't know what else to do.

12. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh... One example from reddit
    Wow...I hope you don't get you moral compass from religion. A lot of them are against the law...
    And that example... Is that good enough for you to generalize all atheist?
    Yes I read your comment and it doesn't make sense.

13. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't be all that surprised if there was quite a few people that voted for him just to spite the press, considering how much of it focused more on his behaviour rather than his political agenda.
    Pretty sure they could have done a better job if they really wanted to prevent him from being elected.

14. ABMAINA

ABMAINA ★☆☆☆☆

Reading List:
    Link
    How did I generalise all atheists? All I said was that more people nowadays are claiming to be atheists just for the sake of fitting in.

And what's wrong with getting your moral compass from religion? Culture changes throughout the years what was seen as normal hundreds of years ago can be intolerable in our time, it's just how society works.

runsing likes this.
  15. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that twitter liberals/third wave feminists/SJWs/whatever have decided that opposing Muslim extremists is equivalent to being Islamophobic. No one wants to call Muslims extremists as Muslims extremists because they think it will offend non-extremists Muslims. This just worsens the situation as it destroy any chance of separating the extremists from the regular Muslim people.

16. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    He can only stop their actions and make them seethe with their hatred until it explodes and those whose mental well-being he's trying to protect find their physical well-being in danger.

edit: Radical and terrorist Islam have a lot of people scared and angry. If it bothers non-radical Islamic people so much they can work to censure the radicals change how the world sees them make it clear that there isn't just a radical Islam, but instead they come after the non-Islamics for being prejudiced and force them to do something. With all that fear and anger this isn't an approach that is going to win over anyone. It's overbearing. The closest equivalent I can think of is the Catholic church protecting it's pedophiles. Sure banning hate speech might help someone feel more comfortable on the forum but in the long run it's just deepening and reinforcing whatever negative feelings and impressions such people already hold. And yes I get you don't want that here ... but in whatever places it would already be acceptable ... it would just become a perfect storm of negativity. It needs to find somewhere to break so people can let go of it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  17. mem

mem Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehm, parth, i'm sorry to say that the last two are not racist, if they are true, then they are objective truths, if they are false, they are false

Claiming that they're true while they're not (and vice versa) can be racist but not claiming that they are what they are, the truth is simply the truth

And if the truth is racist.... Then..... Well, i'm a lot more racist than i thought i was, i guess

Lonelycity likes this.
  18. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    Since you want to start a discussion by using insults, I return you the favor. Not even knowing your own belief is what's truly foolish. Why call yourself an atheist if it's just to end up talking to god in your hour of need? Doesn't that show that ultimately you believe in a higher power? And I never said all atheist were deist, I said some or even most are.

runsing likes this.
  19. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    well i love conflict so i will say something witty but horrible
    did youknow that we indeed have race? science proved that white feel less empathy for black or yellow, the black and yellow also have that.
    so why are we racist? because we love our primary community more, its beautiful in a twisted way since this racism some call hate, we could also call it love for those who are like you.
    also the human is selfish: he want everything, for exemple some of the feminist, gay people or atheist who at the beginning fought beautifuly for what is right now bully those who once oppressed them and want even more right and become more and more like those who oppressed them (i once saw an atheist call a theist dumb for no reason, and once i showed him how he was the same as a theist he just said i was crazy and walked off)
    well the thing above to conclude that we are naturaly racist, if you are not even one bit racist (firstly you are probably wrong) then you are the weird one.
    so i don't think that people can be called dumb because of racism, thats why even if being racist is bad, we need to leave a bit of space for expression, even if its racist, as long as it do not go too far
    but then come the hard part: when is too far?
    (i'm too lazy to do the same for religion but in a way its the same)

also listen to this and chill

20. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The democrats and media got cocky and believed they had it in the bag. They screwed Bernie Sanders from having a fair chance at the democratic primaries, they heavily pushed the narrative of all Trump supporters being white racist bigots, and pushed the second narrative that if you disliked Hillary you were a mysoginistic pig who hated minorities.

People have not hated the media more than they do now and they weren't willing to simply go with the flow as the happy little sheep the political elites wanted them to be. Plus after wikileaks released all the information the Democrats and media heavily blamed it on Russia...but they never denied it wasn't true.

runsing and mem like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.