Spoiler Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Hypothon, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mangadex Link
    https://mangadex.org/title/46403/life-in-another-world-as-a-housekeeping-mage

Novelupdates Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/life-in-another-world-as-a-maid-mage/

Novel Raw Link (?)
    https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9792ef/

Alternate Names
    • Kasei Madoushi no Isekai Seikatsu
    • Kasei Madoushi no Isekai Seikatsu: Boukenchuu no Kasei Fugyou Uketamawarimasu!
    • Life in Another World as a Housekeeping Mage~Available for Housekeeping During Adventures!
    • 家政魔導士の異世界生活
    • 家政魔導士の異世界生活~冒険中の家政婦業承ります!
    Description
    A-rank adventurer Alec meets Shiori, a woman with the mysterious title of "household mage." Shiori, the low-rank magician, is able to prepare warm baths and delicious meals on their adventures with her strange use of magic, providing an all-too comfortable environment that would be unfitting to call an ordinary camp. Though she has thoroughly won over the hearts of Alec and his companions, she has a secret.

Decided to make a thread of this. I apologize if there is already a thread present, couldn't find it. Feel free to merge it. Been keeping this in a random unopened tab for a while and decided to read it while I was free. Needless to say, minus the dark backstory, the shipping pacing is fast but adorable

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  2. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers please. their interactions are really cute:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

3. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler please. Someone said at the mangadex comment section that it will become sad later, but I can't open the link that they provided.

4. so-chintzy

so-chintzy One of the editors for Yukkuri Translation Service

Reading List:
    Link
    Team Akatsuki (the ones who used MC & abandoned her in the dungeon) end up disbanding & getting split up as vagrants & whatnot.

By "using" her, I am not entirely sure if they meant "physically working her to the bone" or in the sexual assault way. I think she was forced to shoulder a lot of the team's expenses though.

Elisee, Bastian, Boopbup and 16 others like this.
  5. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, from MDex comments, the way I see it. The only sad thing to come is her past with her old party. She was saved by the brother figure (whose name escapes me atm) upon arriving, got culture shocked but learnt to slowly adapted, brother figure thought she was ready to start moving forward and with the help of the previous guild master had her join the supposed to be decent rep Akatsuki group. Naturally she was used by said group (according to spoilers on Dex, it'll be a 3rd person view chapter of a mob character who saw most of it on the side), the uploaders already confirmed there was no sign of sexual assault. She was just used by said party. Naturally the crimes of said party were ordering her around while people can't do a thing about it, giving her the bare minimum of supplies (or none at all?). But at the abandonment portion, it was revealed that the rest of the adventurers there were already suspicious of the group that they rallied up and intended to save her at that point, but the group returned without her claiming she ended up critically injured that they just abandoned her. Brother figure has doubts and went to look for her and spots her near the entrance of the dungeon, not heavily injured but exhausted and passed out with a slime accompanying her (it would seem the moment she was abandoned, she had the opportunity to tame Ruri). Brother figure saves her and the rallying adventures target both the party and guild master. Karma strikes them since without MC around, they couldn't function as a decent party since like the jerks of E rank healer, their rank is mostly due to the efforts of MC (and eventually died offscreen), GM was also replaced by brother figure

Elisee, Bastian, snowberry and 16 others like this.
  6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked at the periodic character description chapters, and it seemed to say that
    She has moved in with Alec as of the latest one (2nd latest seemed to indicate they were a couple but not shacked up)

Also Alec is the King's half brother (I think his mother was a mistress/concubine)

Elisee, geckin, snowberry and 17 others like this.
  7. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    more spoilers pls?

8. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Any new spoilers anyone? Btw, my pick up request for this series was answered by @KynKatan . Ch.1 is available

syofiaa likes this.
  9. CutieCatty

CutieCatty [Following Kalto's Step] [Hibernation]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler

Ginko Biloba likes this.
  10. KynKatan

KynKatan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon yeah, chapter 2 is also out but I am not sure how long it takes for the novel update bot to actualize

Hypothon likes this.
  11. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    @KynKatan Thanks for the update! Just read chapter 3.

Kinda irked the adaptation shortened Shiori's suffering (I mean, its nice for our mental healths not to see the damage and all but still... it was refreshing to see most of the adventurers were truly on Shiori's side and the things that were preventing them from doing a thing was literally either the law (the common belief/thought of just abandoning one of your own as a means of survival, well-known hopeless former Guild Master) or sh*tty aristocrats.
    Also impressive of Shiori mastering a new language/culture out of sheer desire to survive/adapt

12. KynKatan

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon
    Chapter 4 should be out on Saturday with the end of that story, which concludes the prologue.

Honestly I am surprise how tame the story is, I though it would be worse considering the description.

syofiaa and Hypothon like this.
  13. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

rock.doll likes this.
  14. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the updates on Novel translations, ch.5. Thanks as always @KynKatan. I know I didn't make this as an LCD thread and I actually prefer more spoilers but I'm not sure if its because I'm having trouble not having the option of making a comment like in the old wordpress translation site or just the usual my browser being wonky.
    I know the cooking tag is present but I really enjoyed the minor details in world building this chapter. Plus, more emphasis and description on Ruri's actions which are adorable. Ruri is referred to as a "she", correct or an "it"? Kinda bummed out though that this didn't follow chapter 2 of the adaptation with the moment between the 2 leads (or is this going to be on a different chapter)where Alec offers to send her home and gets to help her make more portable lunches (and the adorable shop owner just being like a good older figure and treating MC as a young kid)?
    I'm curious though, is the dual weilder (Clemens?) also romantically attracted to Shiori? We at least know the whole guild adores her (plus, she's being treated as the current GMs adopted younger sister)
    Loving the friendship emphasis with Nadia too!

syofiaa and Jukki like this.
  15. KynKatan

Reading List:
    Link
    @Hypothon Do you mind telling me what specific problems are you having with the comments so I can relay the message and hopefully get it fixed. It will be really helpful since I'm only so-so regarding web page development.

Should I spoil it to you? I actually have all the answers lol. You probably will stop reading if I do thou. I guess I'll only add a few clarifications. Rurie is referred differently by different people, is quite subtle on the raw but Shiori alone treats Rurie like toddler. So whenever Shiori refers to Rurie, we are using a "she" pronoun to convey similar meaning (although Rurie as far as I know is genderless). However, that's not the case for the other adventurers we have met so far, so they usually refer as an "ït". Later on the story other adventurers refer to Rurie differently so we will be addressing those as we go along. So both are correct. Probably you just noticed it since this chapter was from Shiori's POV and not from Alex's POV like the previous ones.

If you refer to chapter 2 of the manga adaptation, it is the same story, however is presented completely different so it carries a different meaning. The order of the events have been changed in the manga, a few characters have been given more of an important role and a chronological later event was merged into it (a modified version of an event on the orphanage arc was moved into here), to make it flow better, it probably was an editorial idea. I'm not a romance expert so I'm not sure what version is better but the story is the same. Also I couldn't find the manga raws so not sure if the original event was just deleted from the manga all together and just sprinkled around on this arc or if it was modified further.

As for Clemens, that's a spoiler. So I won't comment on it. Please craft your theories.

16. Hypothon

Reading List:
    Link
    For the comments issue, its probably the latter case for me judging from your reply. The fact that a comment section exists despite not appearing in any form for me is most likely the case (as we're both not expert in this field of area, the only thing I can tell you is that Firefox updated a few months back and I've somehow been part of the testing of a beta version of some sort. New features have allowed a dark mode and one of the add-ons is the NoScript which essentially functions on preventing or the basics of an antivirus). Its because of said update that I've had trouble logging in at some specific websites (bato) when I use Firefox, most notably ones that use Disqus (I know I could switch on a different browser, and I do remember my passwords most of the time but its just a bother for me since its already kept me logged in like here at NU) .
    Well... not like it matters. Since comments essentially make the thread alive so its fine really (and its great you're emphasizing some minor points that you don't point out in the translations like Ruri's gender)
    Won't add more on the point on the editorial change since yeah... your involvement here is fan translations.
    On the last part, this IS a spoiler thread so feel free to spoil away. Though I'd prefer more details, its up to you on what to spoil really since one of your worries seems to be its effect om future reading. For me though, since I've read this for the fluff and fuzzies, I won't stop reading it just from finding out what happens next. I mean, we're not exactly asking you to post the full chapter, just specific spoilers. Sure, we'd ask "what led to that?" but then depending on how far you're willing to spoil, there's also the dialogues since I remember you've mentioned the author seems a bit meticulous in their narrative or whatnot, basically feel free to answer the bare minimum if you want but you also can't stop us from asking and needing more out of sheer curiosity. I mean, you'll at least know I'm still reading since I've made comments. I won't make comments every time (and school is back. Its all modular work for me but they all pile up *since my teachers are a bit of traditionalists and a bit old who have trouble on digital stuff* AND exams partcularly this week)

syofiaa likes this.
  17. KynKatan

Reading List:
    Link
    Firefox huh...When we changed the format I did test it on Chrome, Edge and Safari browser, on both phones/tablets and PC. PC seemed to have the worst performance but everything somewhat worked correctly. I totally forgot about Firefox, I'll download it and try again to make sure is a beta thing and not something that will be a problem later on. Thank you for your input.

As for the spoiler, remember the heated conversation between Zack and Alex last chapter (chapter 4), let me just say is not the first time Zack has a conversation like that with an adventurer.

Mitsuki000 and syofiaa like this.
  18. so-chintzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Please note, I skipped ahead to the chapters labeled "confrontation" & whatnot, so this is scattered MTL summarization.
    Okay so, remember how earlier, it was mentioned that Akatsuki ditched MC because they were hired by a foreign noble? Well stuff happens & Alec & the others are assigned to look into trades/quests give out by that noble & other foreigners.

It turns out that Akatsuki was partly influenced by the son of a Count (he disguised himself as the team's mage? Or he was a sponsor, I'm not sure. He has the ability to change his appearance so that's how he's able to fake his ID). Anyway, he's held a grudge against women cuz he ditched his title & eloped with a commoner woman, who later dumped him since he's poor now & has no power.

Angry & drunk, he got invited to a whorehouse by some shady dudes & he found out that he was able to take his rage out on the prostitutes, beating them violently to death & enjoying hearing their pleads. So he & those guys set up a human trafficking ring specializing in foreign-looking girls & when MC joined Akatsuki, she was his target. He encouraged the team to treat her like garbage (btw that spellsword was NOT MC's lover) so he could isolate & abuse her until she had no support left & then he could sell her to a whorehouse & have her beaten to death. When MC got rescued, he ditched Akatsuki & went to go find other targets/parties.

He gets caught by Alec & tries to threaten Alec with his former title, but Alec reveals his own, which massively outranks him & since he tried to use his ex-Count title, that means that Alec can tie the crime to the Count's family.

He pleads for mercy, claiming that he's innocent & it's all the fault of those women, but Alec doesn't hear him out & nearly cuts him down with his sword. He doesn't cuz that asshole needs to be tried 7 arrested for his crimes & doesn't deserve a quick death.

Kitsuna, By.Eve, Opelia and 22 others like this.
  19. KynKatan

Reading List:
    Link
    That is probably not Volume 1 lol. I scam though volume 1 before i started translating this and don't remember any of that. How far ahead are you?

20. so-chintzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea. I read from the webnovel version & literally only read the ones with chapter titles that looked like they weren't SoL stuff.