Feature Request Linking to official raws

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by riririn, Dec 12, 2020.

1. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry if I missed someone who already brought this up--I wasn't able to find anything specific through the searchbar:blobtired: maybe my keywords are too common?

Is it possible to have a section in the novel page that has links to official raws? Similar to the ISBN addition on the to-do list, but a direct link for novels that don't have an ISBN like webnovels. I noticed a lot of people will post Chinese raws (saying CN specifically bc that's what I read and know about) that are actually from aggregators, and a lot of the time I think they don't know that the link they posted is actually a pirated version. I hope that if we can have direct links from NU then more people will actually go to the official raws page and support the author, since most of the time the translator doesn't have permission or a license.

upload_2020-12-12_18-9-29.png

By the way, if you read novels with JJWXC as the publisher, there's an incredibly comprehensive guide by shoko translates about how you can navigate the site and support the author.

I also don't like the culture of how some translators post their chapters and even have paywalled advance chapters but there is no source for the raws or sometimes even the raw title/author's name at all...

TaffyGirl13, KazeYuki and Jaspaaar like this.