Discussion List of worse xianxia stories

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ArgosYesu, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    My most disliked xianxia would have to be.
    God of thunder- I just could not being myself to like it I read I think 4 volumes but
    I know rule of the jungle is respect the strong but when he joins that sect it left a bad impression, his personality is suppose to reflect his atribute which is lightning which is tyranical I could see it when fighting but when he joined it lost it's touch an example would be for say Linley if he joined O'Brein and became his disiple sure Linley might have bennifits but it would lose the lone wolf touch he had and the feeling of forging your own way.[spoiler/]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. Anaurel

Anaurel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my most disliked xianxia is :
    1. Xian Ni - personally, I have hard time to understand the plot, its way too complicated for my brain or my english is so low and can't read any little sh** of MT works (or I just way too insignificant for this too profound xianxia)
    2. PMG - yea its like Boy and the Beast said, repetitive and boring same logic from start
    3. Limitless Sword God - promising plot at start, almost same like TGD but its way too sporadic and slow, chap 30 ish and the MC is slightly better, but that's made me drop this xianxia (dunno about further chapters)
    4. CGS - read 30ish and determined this thing is not worthy my time
    5. CCM - if only the MC is not 10ish boy, well the story itself is kind of self centered on MC, the other protagonist seems like shadow, appear on some arc and then dissapear (such as his mom?), and I just can't bring myself to accept a boy that not even past 10+ years old become something that had mind of an elder, wiseman, general, blah blah blah without reincarnation plot backing (sorry way too long at CCM for personal mood)

Ldyrdy likes this.
  3. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Read enough Xianxia? I know a guy who went and read the darker genres of Xianxia, and NTR is the least of their problems. Don't try and say "read a genre" when you've also only read the bare percentage of xianxia people actually want to translate. Rape is a soft topic when you have a story where the MC has sex with women to increase his and her cultivation and orgies are a common scene. Or when a large camp makes the prepubescent campers (so this is like 12-16) start an orgy after drugging their camp meals. Then women are treated as accessories of power for the strong guys and traded around as favors.

And "she cried until vomited blood" is actual feelings sure, but did the author have to make the MC rape her? Rape is non-consensual intercourse and I didn't hear her say "ok" or any form of that. It's the same argument for the Skyfire rape scene; 'the other party was NOT ok with it.' Why didn't the author have them talk it out like a normal scene? Nope, he made it rape. Now we have undertones of NTR and I get blamed for seeing it in this author's writing?

"[would] any raped girl will do something like this for rapist?" Yun Che did NOT have to rape her is the basis of my argument. A good talk and convincing would have made it consensual, but the author made it rape for a variety of purposes. I do understand why he may have done it, but that doesn't lessen the fact he had his MC rape the girl.

"started with being forceful then she accepted it but did not admit it" is probably the worst thing you can say to justify a rape. A rapist can easily justify their own rape by going "Well, I forced myself on her and she cried a ton, but gradually she started moaning and probably enjoyed it so it's not rape anymore. I'm completely innocent." Did you not read when she picked up the sword and almost killed him? That isn't consensual, that was being raped. The only reason she stopped was cause she DID like him, I'm not arguing that. Just the fact he had to rape her made the entire relationship soiled in my opinion.
    If I were to again put that into a different context and making it really fictional, it would be you looking at a rapist and the raped girl and going "Hrm, it's a morally grey rape cause I ship both of them. She fits with the dude so the rape wasn't that bad. I don't much wrong with him raping her."

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    Gadget, Ldyrdy and Arua like this.
  4. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Linley joined O'Brian as a disciple? They were just associated with each other. Like a company looking out for the small shops cropping up near it.

5. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't blame Xian Ni plot for being too much. Blame the TL. From what others say, it was basically ALL mtl with some editing cause Er Gen's writing is a disaster to MTL.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  6. Anaurel

Anaurel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea, but I will blame myself for reading MTL works
    and I know the difficulty for editing MTL works to make sense in english, its brainrap*ng

and nobody told me to read MTL works
    I reap what I sow

Ldyrdy likes this.
  7. Stormingtiger101

Reading List:
    Link
    I was trying to was she was my favorite member out of the harem I never said it was ok for him to rape her but like I should have said it was in in grey area but yes that would qualify as rape the last part of my post was me simply stating that she is my favorite harem member not that it was ok for him to rape her.

8. Stormingtiger101

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoops gotta edit that meant to if linley joined O'Brien not the way I stated it.

9. Aigberth

Aigberth Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God & Devil World : racist, repetitive, to many casts, no char development whatsoever. Basically its about post-apocalypse rpg world but the mc never show his status page, kinda ... lol

Gadget likes this.
  10. PotOfApples

PotOfApples Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Close Combat Mage

It reminds me of ReBoot Episode 8, "Enzo the smart". In the episode, Enzo asks to be the smartest person around, and the system grants his wish by making everyone stupid. Sometimes, I think that the author of CCM doesn't know how to make a smart character, so instead, he made everyone else in his novel stupid.

Ldyrdy likes this.
  11. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, well, well...
    "Chapter 227 – The Danger Planted in Silence"
    Taking into account the fact that in chapter 226, you learn:
    “Because, someone who possesses the ‘Nine Profound Exquisite Body’, is the greatest of the greatest of profound cultivating incubators in this world. Especially for someone who obtains her vital virginity; they will generate an Exquisite World within their dantian that belongs to himself during the intercourse of Yin and Yang…”

You gotta be blind not to notice that people (from some unknown superpowers, cf. Chapter 227) will sooner or later try to have sexual intercourse with Qingyue to take her virginity.
    Moreover, that trope about getting powers through sexual intercourse actually involves all of the Frozen Cloud Asgard's disciples.
    Without even that, there's already Ling Yun having his eyes set on Qingyue since their fight, and surprise, he's the successor of the Blue Wind Empire's strongest power.
    Then, indeed you have Fen Juecheng.
    Then, Chu Yuechan and all those heads of major powers of the Blue Wind Empire wanting to do her. She's also a Frozen Cloud Asgard disciple, and fits in the sexual intercourse power transfer trope.
    Then there's the Little Aunt, we already know she's an outstanding beauty but she's weak. Who knows if someone won't go at her just because they hate our wonderful MC?

So, how many potential "MC's harem girls" being threatened with rape does that make so far? Ain't that the very definition of "NTR undertones"?

That's all there is to ATG. The only reason for MC to power up is to be able to "protect his girls". Since the beginning, that was it, because he had regrets about that girl who died for him in his past life. Protect Little Aunt, protect the Princess, protect Xia Qingyue. Blablabla. Unfortunately for him, most of his "girls" have convenient bodies making them good targets for rape. Yay.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Gadget, ArgosYesu and Ldyrdy like this.
  12. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    This is ATG not Xian Ni. Our MC has plot armor...

Ldyrdy likes this.
  13. Arua

Arua Umu...~

Reading List:
    Link
    MC having plot armor is a given in most xanxias. That's not always the case for relatives and harem members.

Gadget likes this.
  14. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Yuechan ain't no virgin anymore. MC already covered that base with rape.

See, already we get a rape. From the MC no less... wonder if that's what happens to all the harem girls...

MC rapes -> he gets convenient powers and she falls in love -> Harem +1

Arua likes this.
  15. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well with cang yue it'll probably consensual

16. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    It was consensual. It was just last minute resistance because she knows about what would happen if it became known.

17. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not what consensual mean.

18. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    she wanted it...

19. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member