LitRPG Audiobook Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by President_Lincoln, Feb 13, 2018.

1. President_Lincoln

President_Lincoln Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Greetings, fellow citizens!

I have recently embarked on the journey of exploring audiobooks, but naturally, as an old man, I would enjoy hearing recommendations from the populace. I shall include those I have discovered and reveled in thus far. In the name of convenient literature intake, huzzah!

Title: Dungeon Born
    Author: Dakota Krout
    Narrator: Vikas Adam
    Audible Summary:
    For eons, conquering dungeons has been the most efficient way to become a strong adventurer. Although not everything is as straightforward as it seems. Several questions have always plagued the minds of those who enter these mythical places of power: why are there so many monsters? Where do the amazing weaponry and heavy gold coins come from? Why does the very air fill with life-giving energies? Cal has all of the answers to these age-old questions, for a very simple reason. He is a dungeon heart.
    Presidential Note:
    As described, the MC is a young, developing dungeon, and a lively one at that. The voice acting contributes to the experience, the plot is well-paced, and most importantly, spirit cultivation is an integral part of character development! Well done, Sir Krout. Well done, indeed.

Title: Continue Online Part one: Memories
    Author: Stephan Morse
    Narrator: Pavi Proczko
    Audible Summary:
    The future is filled with self-driving cars, virtual realities, chore completing machines, and super-fast internet connections. Yet all these technological innovations cannot prevent tragedy. Three years ago Grant Legate lost that which he loved most. His carefully built life fell apart in the wake of depression.
    Presidential Note:
    Now citizens, the tone of this summary does not do this story justice. This audiobook's strong suit lies in the setting, a virtual reality world, in which the main character inhabits the body of another AI. Do not fret, I would not spoil away important details. A plethora of AI characters offer unique, philosophical perspectives on a variety of moral and ethical concepts; the characterization is truly superb.

Title: The Land: Founding: A LitRPG Saga: Chaos Seeds, Book 1
    Author: Aleron Kong
    Narrator: Nick Podehl
    Summary:
    Tricked into a world of banished gods, demons, goblins, sprites and magic, Richter must learn to meet the perils of The Land and begin to forge his own kingdom. Actions have consequences across The land, with powerful creatures and factions now hell-bent on Richter's destruction. Can Richter forge allegiances to survive this harsh and unforgiving world or will he fall to the dark denizens of this ancient and unforgiving realm?
    Presidential Note:
    This is certainly the most notable of my recommendations, as the formatting is perfect for the audiobook medium. The narrator fits the role superbly, and the RPG-esque world setting is incredibly detailed. Also impressive is the system that exists similarly to many reincarnation light novels containing leveling-systems. Undoubtedly, The Land has earned my Presidential Seal of Approval.

Alas, this old POTUS has long run out recommendations. However, please take advantage of our hard-fought freedoms to contribute your own thoughts and discoveries! After all, I require new materials to accompany my morning routine of combatting the Confederate rabble.

Regards,
    President Lincoln

2. i-eat-novels-everyday

i-eat-novels-everyday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you buy the books or download them?

Shaiole likes this.
  3. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. If I think Kane Chronicles Trilogy is perfect for an audio book format. But its not really litrpg

President_Lincoln and Jamsch like this.
  4. NeoUsui

NeoUsui [Melon Lord] [Unrivaled Super Hottie]

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall silently await and watch from the sidelines, expecting some pointers from the experienced ones.

5. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Or some flames like 'no wonder you got shot'. :blob_coughblood:

6. Jamsch

Jamsch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are you referring to sadie and carter kane????

7. President_Lincoln

Reading List:
    Link
    On occasion, I purchase 3 credits for $25 on the Audible app which can then be exchanged for three audiobooks of my choosing. There also exists a subscription that awards credits for a monthly fee. Not a bad deal, I say.

8. President_Lincoln

Reading List:
    Link
    Such a plan can certainly prove useful when managing a tight budget. However, I do recommend investing audiobooks with reputable narrators, as the voice acting contributes an extra dimension to the story. For instance, Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives series has achieved the highest of standings in my personal Pantheon of literature because of the performances offered by Michael Kramer and Kate Reading. While Sanderson's work falls within the genre of Fantasy rather than LitRPG, I do recommend the audiobook as a stellar entry into the medium.

9. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

10. Jamsch

Jamsch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YEs! One of the best series by rick!

11. President_Lincoln

Reading List:
    Link
    This old POTUS should certainly consider text-to-speech, as my mass audiobook purchasing has left a breeze in my back pocket. May I know the name of this application?

12. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: *imagines listening to audiobook format of page-long stat blocks...* :blob_coughblood:

13. President_Lincoln

Reading List:
    Link
    You have served your country well, citizen! Were I still in office, I would pin you a service medal.

The rigors of stat pages are indeed intimidating. Though, more efficient LitRPG audiobooks tend to streamline the listing process, lest the reader fall into a state of depravity and madness.