Spoiler Little Princess Mint

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by IamAviLlain, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only recognize some of those characters but I will concede that, the ones I know of at least, have extremely inappropriate relationships that fall under the umbrella of either p*dophilia, hebephilia and/or child grooming. I'm not saying this to judge anyone who enjoys these novels/manhwas, these are all fictional characters anyway and I seriously doubt that anyone here is out to hurt anyone. People are fully entitled to just read a romance and have a good time and I totally get that. All I'm saying is that there is an inappropriate element to these kind of stories and it should be pointed out and acknowledged.

Also just because she wasn't put in the family registry it doesn't make it okay? He's still her guardian and a figure of authority in her life. He's basically the historical equivalent of a foster father.

I would also like to add that the imo problem isn't in the age gap itself, they could be 40 years apart for all I care. The problem is that one of the two partners is always clearly still a child/adolescent with little to no life experience. Not to mention that sometimes (like in this manhwa) there is an added layer of the other partner either being their savior from abuse etc. or their guardian which is a whole other can of worms on its own.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    evilboop, sunasuma, szvdy and 5 others like this.
  2. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll post some spoilers tomorrow. For now, I am posting only a little bit. The mtl was confusing so I could be wrong.

Julius will leave for war for about 2 years or more when mint is around 16. He will come back when she is 18 and it is her debutante ball. He will still not see her as romantic interest. Some said that it will take some time for them to fall in love and she is around 21 when that happens. According to reviewers, their relationship was supporter and supported . Julius had no intention of raising and marrying her.

The Korean fans are also divided like us on this issue, some said it was like him raising a sister. But most believe this supporter and supported theory.
    Putting that aside, there is a much bigger issue and that is the male lead and his personality. He wasn't fan favorite because of his awful personality and attitude.

His personality is described as coercive and overbearing. He is too much controlling of what Mint does or doesn't do in the name of protection and it hindered her growth as a character. A girl once hurt Mint and he blocked her from interracting with girls of her age until she becomes an adult. Thus she failed to develop social skills and had no one who could properly guide her about female stuff.

Julius is not even a good father. When he and Mint get married and she is pregnant, this is what he says to his butler Roel "I want to get rid of the baby in my stomach right away and make Mint feel more comfortable, but she won't like it, so I won't"

I don't know if author was trying to show a really caring and loving husband, but this was not the right was to do. Imagine the daughter growing up and finding out how her father wanted to get rid of her.

This is why it would have been better if they let him just be a guardian instead of love interest. Anyway, I am not sure if I am gonna read this series because I am not getting into the plot and there is also a 2nd lead and 3rd lead. Among them, 2nd lead is so pitiful.
    I'll post more soon.

3. kellyyuu

kellyyuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like you don't know what pedophile actually mean... You can't just use that word as you like. Grooming, probably yes but pedo... I don't think so

Popcrazy, Ang3Blue, Kitsuna and 8 others like this.
  4. DanmeiJunZhe

DanmeiJunZhe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok like why y'all acting like he viewd her as a romantic interest when she was 15...
    Someone litterally said that it takes years for them to form a romantic relationship
    Also on the topic of him being her guardian like I don't think he every set himself up to be a father or brother figure to her? It was just like a rich man sponsoring a poor student ,also she was never ADOPTED !! And some stories litterally have step siblings falling for each other! And like there was that one bout the snow/ice witch who raised the ml and he fell in love with her so their relationship is not that bad considering the fact that he was also away from her for a while
    Anyway ik this is a spoiler forum so pls don't fight bout the age gap take that to novels/manhwas comment section
    Tho I've posted my comment here too (just to get people to stop quarreling )

5. killinitKim

killinitKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a random passerby
    He is not a peso so stop throwing that word around if you don't like it because you think there in some type of father daughter relationship your wrong the ml met the fl a long while back as she was the supposed monster and her age can't even officially be confirmed because of her history it was assumed so she might be older for all we know
    If you don't like the book because of your assumed plot then leave don't argue no ones forcing anyone to like the book but there are ppl who like it. It's not a must for you to come and tell your unconfirmed theory of him being a pedo

And let's all be honest fl is about 15y ml is 7y older he didn't have romantic feeling till she was 21 and he was 28 he didn't even actually raise her as he was practically missing in her life for most the time and even if his there they don't see each other much and the official age that two ppl can't really pass in a romantic relationship is 7 so there's actually no pedofile some countries approve larger ages and so on but seven is globally recognised
    Tbh- I also don't really like the ml his overbearing annoying and at the same time confusing if I got to decide the male,lead I would so go for yuri,Even though I don't know the other ml

For anyone reading I mean no offense I just want this topic of pedo to end

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  6. Uchicha101

Uchicha101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to double check if I'm on a spoiler thread or the discussion thread just to make sure. You guys, if you are not a fan of their relationship or more or less their age gap that's okay. Some other readers are still interested so kindly take your disgust with the story elsewhere.

We all respect your point of view. If you think he grooms her, that's fine others tho might think differently and besides he didn't made a move not unless she is on the right age. There are mutual consent for both of them. I posted a comment because I think some are already quarreling on the thread. Relax my friends, let's leave the story as it is and if you already dropped this one, kindly respect others who are still waiting, checking for the spoiler fairy to drop more spoilers here ehermm.

ReaderEli, Hara92, Caitlyn19 and 10 others like this.
  7. DK_Gojo

DK_Gojo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Is it a baby girlll?

Atheris and DOHere like this.
  8. Burnfavor1

Burnfavor1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the Spoilers! i'll make sure to share mine when I find it! y'll please drop the whole pedo conversation. If the age gap or the trope where the leads meet when one is young and have a PLATONIC relationationship (NOT SEXUALLY) is not ur type it's ok but bringing morals when to a place where nothing wrong was done is morally corrupt. As someone who has multiple real-life experiences of both older men and women trying to groom me and SA me, of working in mental health and as a teen helping other teens. I learned ANYONE can be groomed (also grooming does not always result in sexual outcomes), They target anyone who is mentally vulnerable. Regardless of your age, gender, religion, sexual orientation. I could understand if you have proof of male lead having a sexual interest in prepubescent children or attempts to engage in sexual acts with prepubescent children. I will be on ur boat if you can find that for me in this story.

9. AnotherDayAnotherStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I only know that he was attracted to her much later in the story. When she was around 20 before that he never saw her as romantic interest at all.

10. _notrei

_notrei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

And here I thought Yuri would be the ml. I was rooting for him and Mint too.

RubySBS, Irene Adler and DOHere like this.
  11. Toasty_Minzy

Toasty_Minzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So whats the deal with the demon he killed in the manhwa who looked just like mint? Was that actually her? What exactly posessed him to adopt mint, specifically, out of the blue?

DOHere, Peerly and its0k like this.
  12. Miya Mizu

Miya Mizu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, I really did wish Yuri would be the ML....

alizarose, Popcrazy, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  13. jesslina123

jesslina123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c
    can you name call the manwhuas/mangas the names are from ik it is seduce the villains father, and i forgot the others except for under the oak tree

14. AnotherDayAnotherStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I can help you with some of them

Athy and Lucas - Who made me a Princess?
    Yielle and Hansel - Follow the bread crumbs
    Emel and Estelle - I belong to house castiello

Atheris, DOHere and jesslina123 like this.
  15. Leileya

Leileya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought I would throw my two cents in about the entire p*do situation.
    (Note: I know this is not a discussion board but I felt this is a very important point to bring up)

I totally understand where those who view their relationship as wrong are coming from, however, something that you must realize is that many manhwa/manhua/manga that features a relationship between a couple of significant age difference take place during a time when this was not frowned upon and was viewed as essential for the human race. If you recall many women died at a relatively young age due to insufficient medical care thus many men (who frequently outlived women in the past) took to finding younger women (14+, during this time any woman who had not been married off by 18-20 were seen as spinsters and were often looked down upon by society at large) to ensure their survival during childbirth and to have enough children (many children also died early due to insufficient medical care). As medical science improved, it became obvious that men didn't have to marry younger women to ensure the survival of the family bloodline.

Also in the Little Princess Mint work, Mint was not really adopted by the Duke. She was sponsored which is a completely different situation. Originally in the past nobles or those with the means would sponsor someone less fortunate to receive a proper education, better food, better clothes, etc. These children or young people were very often seen to have great potential in the future. They also commonly gave their own last name or a different name entirely to those whom they had sponsored so that others in society won't look down on them. I am not sure about the entire storyline mind you but from what little I have been able to read, it's most likely that the Duke who had met Mint in the past saw that she had great potential (remember she could wield magic) and learned that at one point she was in an orphanage and wanted to prevent whatever happened to her to cause her to become so dangerous. The easiest method was to sponsor her. Of course, he could have entrusted her to a close friend or a relative, however, he probably felt that doing so could have ended in a catastrophe such as harming someone.

Atheris, ReaderEli, Ravenz and 5 others like this.
  16. Nekozzzzzzzz

Nekozzzzzzzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh damn it. I already sad about yuri not being the ML, but author, wth with his ending?????

Ended secluded with dark magic while watching live his love married??? Nooo please don't doit

----
    My 2 cent about pedo thingy:
    They will only start develop feelings at 21 & 28.
    And believe me, if this is pedo, many people will go in jail lol.

And although its weird yes i know because he was adopting her, but as i read the manhwa, FL still called him sir, and the ML didn't ask her to called him father either.
    So when i read the manhwa, the vibe is more like bro-sis incest-thingy rather than father-daughter

17. nihal eleonor

nihal eleonor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. lalisaswus

lalisaswus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not the actual mtl btw, this is like the summary of it

mint: why didnt you tell me i smell like steak?!
    roel: what do you mean?
    mint: the crown prince told me last night i smell delicious!
    roel: .......

and thats how roel found out that the crown prince has sexual attraction to mint:LOL:

NotMeeelissa, Lucy_, Scapezz and 21 others like this.
  19. Peerly

Peerly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is mint’s background?????????? Like I understand she was an orphan but the ML adopted her who looked like the “monster” who could have killed him but didn’t. Is that her in chapter one in the church-like outfit??? What happened???

I understand that everyone is having a conversation about how the ML is or is not a pedo, but this is a spoiler forum, not a discussion one. Please keep it to spoilers only.

DOHere and Toasty_Minzy like this.