Discussion Living as the Tyrant’s Older Sister (Webtoon)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by marizz, Feb 6, 2020.

1. 2_Zen_Owls

2_Zen_Owls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this theory. I actually think Alicia might have some pretty impressive noble lineage, so to see Edith be reduced to a bastard child would put her on the same level as Alicia. That would just be so satisfying.

Yukari_me and lazynoodles like this.
  2. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh! A bastard child you say? This is gonna be fun if it turns out like that. Imagine this, if she is actually the child of the duke then isn’t this a huge crime? Her being part of royalty meant that she was known as the daughter of the emperor. If it spreads that she was actually the daughter of the uncle duke, then wouldn’t the uncle and her go down? This is killing two birds with one stone~ What’s more, it is a grave crime to lie to a royalty so the uncle’s influence among the nobles will plummet. Kai and Alicia can take their chance to strike. However, i feel like if it actually happens, the uncle will abandon Edith and try to please Kai and the public. *sigh*

QueenSara, Jukki and 2_Zen_Owls like this.
  3. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we are currently on Chap 45, last updated on Feb 14 :D

2_Zen_Owls and lazynoodles like this.
  4. 2_Zen_Owls

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if Edith is abandoned and the duke acts like he didn't know I still think his reputation will take a few hits. Regardless of what's proven its going to be hard to trust someone that planted their spawn undeservingly in a position that was never theirs.

5. Yukari_me

Reading List:
    Link
    exactly true. But well this is all just theories anyways so if it doesn’t happen then sad...

6. 2_Zen_Owls

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone got bets on what Justin will use the winnings for? I think he'll hire a wedding planner start prepping for a honeymoon and renovate a nursery for future children. I think it would suit his"jump the gun style."

7. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely give it Ares to persuade Madame to marry him. He is the grandfather of George. So I’m going to guess he’ll pull of something shady.

8. Yukari_me

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn’t be surprised if he does that. Maybe he can also use it to bribe the people near MC to inform him on the newest thing that happens around her :blobjoy:

Leilacus, lazynoodles and 2_Zen_Owls like this.
  9. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I am guessing it's probably not mentioned for many, maaaaany chapters until some dramatic conflict moment, idk, when Alicia is cornered by Edith, and Justin rides in on a diamond war elephant and an army of chimps in maid outfits to save the day or something.

Korleone and 2_Zen_Owls like this.
  10. 2_Zen_Owls

Reading List:
    Link
    that's it! That's the true ending! Justin will upstage our ML! Though I do hope its something ridiculous.

Korleone, lazynoodles and KathyClysm like this.
  11. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone love the new chapter??! I feel so lucky! I totally called it though~ despite the love and hate relationship her brother is a total sister-con:aww: seriously Edith is consistently a thorn on everyone’s backside. Is it because I find her annoying or an actual superlative enemy? If she was the latter I could get behind it. The former makes me want her arc to end ASAP

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    marizz and Jukki like this.
  12. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't think Edith is smart enough to be a proper A-list villain. She seems too.... easy to get rid of if you reaaaally want. To easy to see through her thought process. If she were an A-lister, I think she'd be doing a better job at getting the little shit to love her more than Alicia or something.

Arg, I mean it is absolutely wonderful that we are all caught up with the raws, but I shall miss the times of mass updates. They always made my day. Also, I need some more romantic plot development asap. Ares needs to step up his game.

marizz, Jukki and lazynoodles like this.
  13. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Also I can’t help but Edith working with some sort of complex. Every time I see her she seems constantly super decked out. The latest fashion, the makeup, and all that jewelry. I know that’s what is expected of her in her position but I remembered that during Victorian England and at any time. Unless you were definitely receiving guests you could wear more relaxed look. Ease and practicality was the name of the game.

14. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I think you might be onto something. Considering just how smitten she is with Ares, it might be that she started to dress like that to always be perfect and ready in the desperate hopes he might notice her one day - which would fit with the original novel, as he only really noticed her when she was not perfect and polished but instead crying on the ground. At least I personally think that Alicia has a lot more charm, charisma and undecorated beauty, so having her show up probably didn't help at all.
    Then again, it could also just be the artist decking her out to more clearly show the constrast between the two princesses and their upbringing. I could also see it turning into one of those classic plotlines where she is the child of the second ranked concubine and her mother always had the complex of not having enough power or not being cared for enough, so she imprinted this drive for power and wealth into her daughter. Or her mother being consumed by jealousy due to the late emperor's infidelity, something like that.

15. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I can see that last part happening. I think the idiotic emperor tried to love Edith's mother but he just couldn't see eye to eye with her. Then comes Alicia's mother a soft, gorgeous, and easy-going bunny. He feels like he's wanted and needed. Then lays his hands on her after some flirting. Alicia's mother who's already vulnerable after her husband's death - finally, feels like a woman again. Edith's mom chases her out upon the affair. Edith's mother becomes paranoid. While Alicia's mother is optimistic and is happy to have another child in her life - she goes home like a clueless bunny. Which she is.

16. SoraxRiku

SoraxRiku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Lancelot, he just wants in on all the fun lol

Edith definitely saw the maid is hiding something and will most likely do something to harm her or get info on her. Kai is being nice to Edith because he really doesn't know her all that well and is trying to be friendly and calling her sister, etc. With Alicia he is definitely more honest and snarky. That is something you achieve if you are really close to your siblings and can let your guard down. Either way it's clear Edith and the uncle are purposefully sabotaging Kai's chances of being a decent ruler.

They have no idea that Alicia is gaining a position of power and because of her position she is now one of Ares's people (I don't think he is complaining lol). Its almost hilarious how paranoid he is about Alicia about Lancelot meeting. I think Alicia sort forgot about it because she has more important things to worry about, but it would be hilarious if she gets infatuated with Lancelot and everyone is like WTF?? I want this to happen for my own amusement.

Also, Ares is really ruining any chances of Alicia running away by donating all the winnings to charity. This dude is too much.

17. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man the last part!! You’re right! I thought at first there’s a deeper meaning. That maybe Ares was a war orphan brat himself, but he’s just trying to prevent her from leaving.

Jukki, marizz and KathyClysm like this.
  18. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    He does seem like the type to have some unresolved mommy issues lol The way he seems to enjoy getting told off and stuff...

Jukki and marizz like this.
  19. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to see Edith's reaction once she finds out Alicia's new position as the advisor to the Black Sun, which also means she has official reason to talk and be with Ares whenever she wants and no one can fault her for that or use the "sensible ladies should keep their distance from men" 'advice' on her! I just want to see her facade crumble and for plot, I want to see her make dramatic schemes that will come slapping her back in the face :blobspearpeek:

20. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I find Edith so funny. It's like looking back at the past and what values women had to have a good future. It's Jo vs. Amy argument (In Little Women). Our MC is working within our values right now. Being an independent woman, and physically working to get the power needed in her mind was always achievable and doable. To Edith - her good looks, wealth, high station, her place in high society, and the possibility that her love Ares might turn back and love her is her everything. Truly in the world she lives in she is better placed than anyone, and being territorial about it - as a woman, I could sympathize with her. I also, massively pity her because she truly is stuck in that position and has no other thing she could devote herself to. She has no other purpose. Which is sad. I have a soft spot for bad girls because in a way many of them are simply bored out of their minds with no real purpose in their lives, and no way of understanding how their bad behavior will just blow up in their faces. Alicia will triumph because we with the outside point of view doesn't only have Ares momentary attraction, but has real respect for her. Especially, at that moment she turns down the proposal because she just can't give him what he wants because as of right now she isn't an equal in many ways. She strives to only have what she has earned and not take what she is given

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020