Request Looking for a childhood memory

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Galaxii, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Galaxii

Galaxii Anon-san

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently did a deep dive into my memories for movie scenes and I can’t seem to remember the film.

I believe it was a Studio Ghibli film or similar type of film and it featured a scene of a man putting two snowflakes under a telescope and showing how the two snowflakes are not the same. They may have been on a flying ship?

I wanted to have a revisit to this film and if anybody has suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
    Edit: microscope lol

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    Eat_Angst likes this.
  2. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    You should ask on reddit, although i don't know which subreddit, they can and will find anything
    As for my own search i found this playlist Studio Ghibli short movies. maybe check and see if any of these look familiar?

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Microscope? Telescope is for far things

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing bad in going on a Ghibli marathon. I've seen a lot of their movies, but I can't remember such details. Hope someone can help. If it was me, I'd probably start rewatching all my childhood movies/series. Well, I've already done this a few times lol.

5. ToxicKitten

ToxicKitten Member

Reading List:
    Link
    go to anime-planet and look up aviation anime, maby that will help

6. bluetwister

bluetwister Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know about studio ghibli having this scene.. I wonder too, tell me if you find it..
    But I do remember anime called Mushishi have this scene, where Ginko find the differences in snowflake shapes.. well, its not really a snowflake, it's a Mushi :v

LeniSnow likes this.
  7. zain4343

zain4343 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Certainly! Here's a childhood memory that involves a telescope:

As a child, I was fascinated by space and the stars. One summer evening, my family and I were at a campground in the mountains, far from any city lights. It was a clear night and the sky was absolutely breathtaking. I remember staring up at the stars in awe, feeling like I was looking up at a vast and endless universe.

My dad had brought his telescope with him on the trip, and he set it up outside our camper. I was so excited to see the stars up close, and my dad showed me how to use the telescope to focus on different constellations and planets.

I remember feeling a sense of wonder and amazement as I peered through the eyepiece and saw the craters on the surface of the moon, the rings of Saturn, and the bright red dot that was Jupiter. It was like discovering a whole new world right before my eyes.

We stayed up late into the night, taking turns looking through the telescope and marveling at the beauty and complexity of the universe. It was a magical experience that left a lasting impression on me, and to this day, I still feel a sense of wonder and awe whenever I look up at the stars.