Recommendations looking for cultivation novel with certain requirements

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by The Hamster Overlord, Jan 17, 2019.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    So here's the story, I was reading Devourer of Destiny (RRL, axed/deleted) and I noticed that I really enjoyed the world-building and the power progression and the system and all and then I searched for some cultivation novels here at NU. The one I found was called "Grasping Evil" and even tho I didn't really hate it, I couldn't bring myself to like it either. So, please tell me if there're cultivation novels that fit the following criteria:
    1)Normal localisation such as: Dao -> Path etc As a novice reader this shit gets confusing and I begin to feel empathy towards my friends when I get weeby and then I understand how miserable I am and then I get into an existential crisis, so normal or as normal as can be localisation
    2)The style and characters don't speak like they're a part of a parody on an eastern fairy-tail: no "How dare you speak to your father like this -me!"; "A power so strong that it defies the heavens and breakenth the Earth!"; "It was a very tyrannical technique" I mean I went a few times while I was reading it like: "Eh, what mushrooms did you eat and can I get some too? They seem pretty trippy! Or did you catch your chuunibuyo?"
    3)No harem. No. Just, no, okay!
    4)World-building. The thing that is most interesting to me here. Like realms, mortals, devils, immortals, gods, stages, paths and everything in between.
    5)The MC is a mage. Those sword intent and other things are strange for me.
    6)They explain their cultivation not like: This guy has a super-vein! It's 60 times more effective than a normal one if you do the peerless mega evil beast cultivation! Yay! No, explain this shit, okay? What does this cultivation path entail: the benefits the downsides, stages and all.
    As you can see I'm really new to this whole cultivation thing-y so please don't judge too harshly if I made any mistakes here and there.

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, and no BL, please. For some reason whenever I click on a cultivation novel it's BL and I'm scared

3. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    little of topic but daym youre so lucky to be new
    how much i would give to have this sensation of ,,whats is going on in good way"
    Coiling Dragon probably
    douluo dalo
    Tales of Herding Gods - epick world bulding more martial arts than cultivation more adventure than martial arts buts its somewhat dificuld to read (in good way for some)
    Throne of Magical Arcana
    Lord of Mysteries

4. camroc

camroc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    The Legendary Master’s Wife has some of your requirements. MC is a mage. It starts off with excellent world building and cultivation explanation, but eventually it become’s clear that the author can’t keep track of what she’s written, as she occasionally becomes contradictory and adds new world building stuff later on. There’s no harem, but there is BL. (In fact, any woman who sleeps with more than one person in her lifetime is automatically labeled “super evil slut,” but men sleeping with more than one person is never talked about, so no worries about harem from anyone.)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. Ophis_Trihexa

Ophis_Trihexa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Renegade Immortal fits most of your criteria. As for Dao er gen does it better than the rest.

7. Dgsmasta

Dgsmasta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Age of Adepts MC is a mage. World building is solid. And the conflicts he comes up against are well backed up by lore and the motivations of the world he lives in. Plus I like that the MC is focused, patient and clever. So all his strength feels earned.