Recommendations Looking for female lead possible reincarnation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ladyjovia, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it has been several years since I have started reading novels, and it got to the point where I can't really find any more ones i might like to read. I've gotten pickier because frankly so many I have tried just I found out I can't stand some things. If you have any suggestions I welcome them.

Likes/Wants:

- Female Lead, smart/cunning who isn't too cruel but doesn't repay evil with good, usually transmigrated/reincarnated
    - I've been reading a lot of ancient china culture likes, Wuxia/Xianxia. I like those, I like Fantasy too, either/or/both I don't mind.
    - Preferably at least 30-50 chapters already translated but guess I can bookmark and wait.

Similar Novels I've Liked:
    - Chu Wang Fei
    - To Be A Virtuous Wife
    - The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage
    - Eight Treasures Trousseau
    - Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter

Dislikes:
    - Too much tragedy/betrayal/backstab(essentially what I can tolerate is what is shown in the above novels)
    - Harem/Reverse Harem... so tired of these lol, and I mean I would prefer the female lead to not be part of several concubines for her love interest but if its like virtuous wife then alright.

I know these are short lists, and definitely not everything exactly that I want... that would add probably a thousand more words. There are several novels out there that I have read that aren't listed as well so I know many will suggest ones I've already got bookmarked. There might not be any others out there that interest me even, but I want to look and see anyways.

Thanks in advance!

2. Flufflebutter

Flufflebutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeahhh I wish you good fortune with that.

3. Rice1321

Rice1321 Daoist Curious Fall

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Fu Yao

4. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting I'll give it a shot! I haven't seen this one before

5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read many novels with female MCs so can't really help you there (I'm open to any good recommendations though with more focus on BAMF female MC). Anyway, I'm currently reading Binary Soul (Completed on RRL) and am enjoying it. It's a yuri slice-of-life but maybe you'll enjoy it? IDK

6. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll check it out, the reason I've started to just go with a female MC is almost all the male MC novels I read they end up with harems and most of the time(not all I know) there isn't very much development both relationships wise or indepth character wise...

Phantom Starlight likes this.
  7. UriChay

UriChay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, I don't read a lot of CNs, so I'll be recommending some JP novels if that's alright.

Getting the obvious choice out of the way (if you are fine with non-human protagonist, of course): Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Edit: Ah, a note about Kumo Desu ga, it has a pretty slow start, and only when a very significant something happens is that when the plot starts turning. Until then it is a, uh, grindfest. The protagonist's personality is carismatic enough to make it a bit interesting, but it can be slow to get through.

As for other options, Yuusha Yori Saikyouna Kuro Kishi doesn't have a cunning/smart protagonist (imo), but she's not sickeningly innocent either, and, for now, doesn't hesitate when it comes to fighting evil.
    Then Tensei Shoujo no Rirekisho does seem to fit in what you're looking for, too, but it does have some slice of life parts in which not a lot happens.

8. Vikranth

Vikranth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao ,try this. lots of laughter and fun though a bit different from your mentioned ones

Shance likes this.
  9. thelurker

thelurker [The Crazy Guy] Death to All BL Novels

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've actually got kumo on standby right now, waiting for it to get more chapters again to splurge

as for the other two not usually my thing, but I'll try them out.

it looks interesting, I'll try it out.

I have seen this one around but never really started to read it, maybe its about time I glance at it

11. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably not what you exactly wanted but do try Supernatural Girlfriend and give it a chance!

13. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the first three on bookmarks but the next three... well time to try them out!

I honestly don't think I'll like it, but I'll look at it first before saying no

14. foldingcrane

foldingcrane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Archimedes

Archimedes Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you

oh I don't mind JP ones, in fact for a few years I only read JP ones, just lately it seems all I read is what seems to be mostly chinese

17. @

@ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. starwarscards

starwarscards Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Ladyjovia

Ladyjovia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting, thank you for pointing out some of these. I only read a couple but the others i never noticed.

never seen any of these, sadly for the real books I can't read because no income to buy them.

20. starwarscards

starwarscards Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol know the feeling with not having the money for books :p helps that my family likes to read so we all just pass the books that we buy around after we read them.

So just one last suggestion since it sounds like you do most of your reading from this site. IMO one of the best books on the web but it is not a female MC sooo: Mother of Learning