Recommendations looking for novel with mc that likes war or fighting

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by MemeHunter, Nov 20, 2020.

1. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (sorry for my bad english) i just finished watching Youjo Senki and bought the light novel becaus i loved it. but its gonne take a few days before i get it becaus i got the paper book one i loved the mc and she doesnt exactly like war (i think) but i would like a mc like her or some what like her gender doesnt really matter
    for in the grim dark future there is only war

2. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
  3. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    The Girl Who Ate a Death God, they’re not exactly the same, MC is much more simple and a follower than Tanya, but writing style is very good and has a very nice history-book like feel at times. The author’s stories are all along the lines of “grim-dark” so look and their other stories too.

5. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i will read that one now thanks

6. Jester1441

Jester1441 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Check out Azarinth Healer on royal road. The MC doesn’t necessarily like war and slaughtering humans but loves tough fights and slaughtering monsters.

7. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    already read that one it was good

8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Genocide Online ~Playtime Diary of an Evil Young Girl~
    Kinda meh but it fits the bill. Insane psycho girl likes killing and slaughter.

2.Soul of Negary
    Mc is an evil entity that likes fighting and wars. This doesn't fit the description perfectly as mc's main goal is power but you might like it.

I will look for more but thats it for now. Hope this helped.

Paps likes this.
  10. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. clamityemperor

clamityemperor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how about trying 'Black Iron Glory'. it is all about war ith some kingdom building. the start may be a little boring but it becomes interesting afterward
    Synopsis:-
    Welcome to Freia. A continent perpetually torn by war. Hundreds of years ago it was ruled by Magi, people capable of magic who viewed themselves as superior to those who could not. For thousands of years they ruled over common people… but times change.

Magic is a finite resource, and with its steady depletion, the magi grew weak. Eventually they were overthrown in a great war that saw them made all but extinct. Magic fell with them, becoming taboo in every way, the object of villainy in the novels of romance and heroism.

War is a human condition, however, and it has continued to wage unerringly between the successor kingdoms and empires as the common man fights to become master of the world left behind by the magi.

Magic has gone, but power remains, now wielded in the form of firearms and manpower. Muskets echo on the fields and cannons thunder on the ocean, even more so now that the greatest kingdoms on the continent have pushed out to colonise the far-away land known as Nubissia.

Born into this world of chaos is a young man, reincarnated from a salaryman in 21st century China. Lacking the prejudice against magic, and possessing a hobbyist’s knowledge of firearms and tactics, our young protagonist forges his path in a world where magic and musket war.

By the way, I recently started a blog on recommendations of light novels, web novels, and anime fanfics. do check it out by clicking https://readeronline.net/

leo-the-lion-king likes this.
  12. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe something like:
    Nidome no Jinsei
    Genocide Online

Manga:
    Baikoku Kikan

13. Subline Act

Subline Act 『 The Only Son 』Cuddly Being ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Then Definitely Try The Human Emperor, however I will warn you that once you read this it will become hard to find something higher quality than this. (well I have not found one yet...)

14. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    already read that to chapter 1800

15. MemeHunter

MemeHunter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wil try some of them thanks

16. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. theoldmonster23

theoldmonster23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try necropolis immortal, Overlord of Blood and Iron( highly recommended for war elements), immortal devil transformation(one of the highest quality xianxia novels out there), Spirit Vessel(always fights), City of Sin (highly recommend), Perfect World(highly recommend) this novel is shaky at the beginning bc the mc is a literally baby but has some of the greatest character development out of any xianxia I’ve ever seen, I damn near cried when the novel ended that’s how attached I was to the character and the story.

18. Subline Act

Subline Act 『 The Only Son 』Cuddly Being ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I had read City of Sin and I like the world it had. I'm not far yet still on Book 1 c.113 but I decided to stop. So I would like to know if in later parts of the novel is full of harem subordinates? (like 80% of his subordinates are female) I just don't like harem-seeking protagonist at all. Although I don't mind it if it was a logical reason choosing (it was between the best warrior in the camp and the pitiful young female assassin that made me reluctant to continue this novel) and I heard book 2 was the start of his autonomy.

19. theoldmonster23

theoldmonster23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s more or less the MC just having multiple lovers but he does have 2 actual wives. It’s not an unbearable harem by any means bc I’m also not a fan of harems this novel just did it really well. It’s worth the read w/o a doubt. One of the best finished novels on WW.

Subline Act likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword Dynasty

*cough* Almighty translated by @Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun likes this.