Recommendations Looking specifically for [BL] Apocalypse novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kiskaiya, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the mood for an apocalypse novel, specifically [BL]. I'm leaning a little more towards a rebirth/revenge type of setting, though I would still read a non-rebirth novel. Things I don't want: rape of the MC, an ML who is a complete asshole to the MC (I'm not a fan of abuse leading to love as I've had friends trapped in that kind of sitch in RL), a stupid MC. Now, I don't need him to be a super genius or anything like Yun Sheng from FoD, but I would like it if he wasn't an idiot who kept falling for really obvious traps and the like.

Novels in this genre I'm currently reading or have read:
    1. Back to the Apocalypse
    2. Reborn Otaku's Code
    3. Rebirth of the MC

Novels in the world hopping genre with apocalypse worlds I'm reading or have read:
    1. Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil
    2. Who Touched My Tail!
    3. Holding on to My Man (the apocalypse arc is not translated yet, but I read it mtl)
    There may be a couple of others that I've read but just don't remember if there was an apocalypse arc.

Note: I don't mind having to mtl if the translation is slow as long as the mtl is at least mostly understandable!
    Thanks in advance for any help or recs everyone!!! (○´3`)ノ⌒♡*:・。.

cursebreaker and Eques like this.
  2. Eques

Eques Translation machine (not)

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuinui likes this.
  3. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at it, I noticed the "abusive characters" and "rape" tags, can I assume since you recommended this that it's not rape/abuse towards the MC?

michoux likes this.
  4. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    aint that have some kind of borderline rape? :hmm:sorry i may not remember much... read it long time ago...:blob_blush:

5. Eques

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, I read this quite some time ago. I don't really remember, sorry :blob_teary:

These are on my reading list:
    Number One Zombie Wife
    Undead

6. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    That's okay! I know how that is. I'll go ahead and give it a shot and see how it goes. Thank you for the rec!

Eques likes this.
  7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Borderline rape I can deal with, especially if the MC gets away or the ML ultimately respects the MC's refusal. As for side characters, maybe I'm callous, but I don't really care about them since I'm not exactly invested in their life/death/misery.

9. Eques

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Game Loading I'm currently reading, though I guess I haven't reached the apocalypse arc yet (Got kind of bored of the harem/not harem aspect of it, though I may go back just to read the apocalypse arc). As for The Earth is Online, I tried reading it a while ago and wasn't able to get into it. But since it was quite a while ago, I'll try it again. It wouldn't be the first time I went back to try a book and really liked it. Hell, I actually hated FoD the first time I tried to read it and now it's one of my favorites.

11. candycane_whack

candycane_whack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having a Good-looking Face is too Troublesome - on wattpad and only a few chapters but decently long chapters. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

12. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it updated regularly?

13. candycane_whack

Reading List:
    Link
    No sure, only found it two or three days ago. It only has 8 chapters right now. So far, it's really cute and sweet but it hasn't gotten to the actual zombie apocalypse yet. I'm super excited for the next chapter tho:blobrofl:

14. candycane_whack

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, it's not much of a revenge deal, the MC did rebirth but I really love the writing style of the author. It seems more realistic then others and hopefully this continues. :hmm: the MC is suuuupppppeeeeerrrrrrr cute tho.

15. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Looked at the synopsis and it looks pretty promising. Definitely bookmarking that. Now, I'm not a wattpad lurker, are there a lot of bl stories there that aren't linked on NU?

Rebirth/revenge is one of my favorite tropes, but I'm also good with reading just a straight up rebirth story, too.

16. candycane_whack

Reading List:
    Link
    Steal the Male Lead is also a good one. But again, only a few chapters but the writing quality is really good and decently sized chapters, and that's what I've been trying to find more of. It's one of those systems novels, also first arc has M-Preg.

17. Kiskaiya

Kiskaiya 【Let’s pretend】

Reading List:
    Link
    Mpreg isn't my thing typically, mainly because it has become such a huge trend in the US BL book market and there are so many poorly done ones. But, if you say the writing is good, then I'll go ahead and put it on my waiting list to wait for more chapters to release

18. candycane_whack

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you have to worry too much on the M-preg since it's only the first arc and mostly its focus is on the MC and the ML. MC is already pregnant when he gets there and there's really only one comments like "being pregnant is hard." "I'm tired", "sicknesses and all that" and yes, in order to accomplish his goal he does kind of use his pregnancy but it's still around the middle or a bit more of the first arc so hopefully there's more character development and attachment to the baby.

19. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm..you may be into my line. No mpreg, Game Loading harem is headache, earth online is boring af...

This was from an older post of mine;

I do prefer Lost Lovers. No matter how many rereads it doesn't annoy me. Main characters can think and plan.. a rarity .p also it is easy going and fluffy. But they don't have issue about killing humans.

Skull in the last days is innocent fun. Nothing complex, again easy going and they don't shy away from killing humans.

Imperial revenge is..well, as it says; about revenge of the zombie mc. You would not expect them to pet humans, would you? And I kinda prefer zombies to win.

Anyways. End of world is the least I enjoyed. Weak characters and knowledge. And another downside; author is problematic in a way, is racist and communist flag weaver. But it has its shining moments. Plus, the merchant system is the best I tried. Other merchant systems had bored me to death.

Also, I am looking more of zombie bl's. Only raws. I would be extremely happy if you guys do share.

20. cursebreaker

cursebreaker Outer disciple of Danmei Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    • End of World’s Businessman - has a few chapters out, MC goes to an apocalypse world to earn points/zombie kills to exchange for things that his family needs in his own world. ML is in the apocalypse world.
    • Lord of End of World - from the same author of QWFOD, MC is from a cultivation world and extremely OP, gets rebirth to modern times a few months (?) before the apocalypse. 3P/harem.
    • My Cherry Will Explode in the Apocalypse - easygoing, lighthearted like Otaku Code
    • Thrive in Catastrophe - futuristic, there are zombies but they aren't the focus. ML reminds me of Levi Ackerman XD. Completely translated.

Chowderrr likes this.