Chinese Looking to translate a novel with an interesting plot

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by BeetleBarker, Jul 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BeetleBarker

BeetleBarker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm almost done translating my current main project (Superstars of Tomorrow) on webnovel and I'm going independent after on my own website and looking to pick up a new project that I will be concentrating mainly on. Currently, I am translating a short series (Asylum Live Broadcast Room) as a side project

My preferences:
    • well-paced, solid and logical plot
    • no wuxia/xianxia (Not my cup of tea)
    • non repetitive tropes
    • No works from QI or any publisher that might send me a DMCA
    • Preferably a novel that hasn't been translated yet
    • Things: I might be interested in, Gaming, VR, Sci-fi, Action Adventure, Fantasy, Kingdom Building.
    • 300 or more chapters
    My preferences aren't set in stone and I'll probably pick up any novel if it interests me a lot.
    Feel free to suggest abandoned translations as well
    If all goes well, I can probably start churning out chapters next month.

Thanks in advance
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Transpiderlator

AbrarMalik and kyoshijiro like this.
  2. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    These are the novels that have been dropped (i think) that i wish were picked up (excluding one xianxia). Some have too few chapters to really know if they are good or not, but i wish someone translated enough chapters to judge.

Take your pick

Underground Doctor
    This has an interesting premise but there are too few chapters to know if it's any good or not

The Latest Game Is Too Amazing
    I really like the premise of this and it seems good to me. A mix of vr and isekai

The God Slaying Hero and the Seven Covenants
    It has quite a few chapters and i really like it. I don't know why there aren't any more chapters.

The Black Healing Holy Beast ~Is What It Is Exaggeratedly Called but It Is Just a Black Rabbit~
    This seems like a cute fluffy story, i wish it was translated

Thanks to a Different World Reincarnation
    This is a heartwarming story of an old man in a young persons body in another world. I really like the characters and i wish to know how the story goes.

Return of Godly Control
    This seems like an awesome game story, and for once without reincarnation/return to the past.

Old Vampire and a Holy Girl
    This was a cute story of a peaceful vampire who is constantly bothered by an energetic saint who doesn't believe in monsters. I hope it gets translated.

New Game Plus! ~The Struggles of a Popular VRMMO Livestreamer~
    This was a nice novel in vr setting and im frustrated that it stopped on a sort of cliffhanger.

Next Life
    I really liked the manga, and this is the novel version even though they start completely differently. Im still waiting for both the manga and the ln to continue translating.

Moon, Laika, and the Bloodsucking Princess
    This seemed like an interesting novel, based off the space race but with the addition of misteryous vampires. It seemed quite fresh and different from mainstream.

I’m a Dullahan, Looking for My Head
    This was funny. About a person reincarnated as a dullahan who tries to live normally while hiding his undead nature.

Impregnable Dreadnought
    This seemed cool. Earth and another world meet, the mc is from earth but is somehow even more skilled than the otherworlders at using their tech. Im curious about the continuation.

Himajin, Maou no Sugata de Isekai e Tokidoki Cheat na burari Tabi
    I quite liked this one. And i really hope someone picks it up. Guy isekais with his op game character. Must kill god or smth.

Good Morning Guardian!
    This looked very interesting. But there is too little!

BJ Archmage
    This looked like an interesting vr story. The guy recieves a
    Cheat to be able to see the hidden stuff of the game (like hidden lottery cards, drops, hidden quests, spawn timers etc) it seemed cool but no chapters after a long time, no idea why.

BeetleBarker likes this.
  3. TheBlood

TheBlood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You good with smut?

4. BeetleBarker

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestions. Those gaming ones do look interesting. Unfortunately I forgot to put the prefix that I only translate chinese novels

kyoshijiro likes this.
  5. BeetleBarker

Reading List:
    Link
    I probably wouldn't be interesting in doing a smut novel

6. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese but no xianxia/wuxia? That cuts out like 90% of chinese novels or smth (probably not, but thats my impression from the translated novels). I don't look at raws so i have nothing to reccomend other than dropped novels and i have no chinese novels that aren't wuxia/xianxia

7. BeetleBarker

Reading List:
    Link
    I could maybe try out a wuxia novel but xianxia is sometimes a little too far-fetched for my liking

8. kyoshijiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I can agree with that. Xianxia start off pretty cool but then they degrade once the power levels become too out of this world. We just cant mentally encompass moving at such speeds and so much destruction.

Anyway the only chinese novel that i know of, and has been dropped, is supreme arrow god. And im irritated because so far no arrows have made an appearance! I don't know if this will end up in xianxia but i at least want to see him pick up the titles fighting style!

9. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuri novel???

《穿成人鱼后我又穿了回来
    Raw: https://w.ck101.org/info-409208/
    It was cool, great novel, action, fantasy, and GL romance. Strong MC and FL.

This was my favorite world hopping novel
    虐文女主和漂亮女配[快穿]
    https://m.shubaow.net/85/85512/
    I have completed reading it, One of the best yuri quick transmigration stories so far, definitely a good read, I love every and each arcs. I really like how shameless MC is. Karma and face slapping to scum women and men is so funny and interesting:ROFLMAO:

10. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/finest-servant/
    This novel is very well-liked by the people who read it. This is basically Joy of Life with a much more antihero main charecter

11. DSE14th

DSE14th Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel got translated already but it is mtl.