LCD Lord Xue Ying

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh.. Xue Ying really f*cked up on raising his brother. He should have had him training along side him so they could go rescue their parents together rather than taking on the father role and neglecting his brother. Qing Shi's going to get himself killed, or his stupid girlfriend is going to get him to betray his brother, or any host of terrible things. Xue Ying should have just secretly killed her off, or hired someone else to do it. Uggghhhh... such slow chapter releases... this pace is agonizing.

2. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I knew this would happen. His little brother was treated too much like a prince so now the only he knows what to so is wailing. Don't see him this way when the girl badmouth his brother.

3. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    But at the same time he's acting like any teenager would. He thinks he's in love, his girlfriend is manipulative and has him wrapped around her finger, and his brother forbids him from dating her. What did he think would happen? It's unfortunate that Qing Shi has yet to learn anything about relationships and thinks he knows best. I don't think he even understands that there are people out there who lie, much less the possibility that his girlfriend could be one of those people. It makes perfect sense, I just wish Xue Ying spent some more time trying to convince his brother about the kind of people that could potentially target them. If he told him about his experience with You Yue, that might go some distance towards convincing him of something. Or even asking his brother what they talk about, why does she keep bringing up the subject of money? Why does she keep trying to convince him to be at odds with his brother? If XY just explained some of these things (that are so damn obvious to us readers), these issues wouldn't be happening.

Arbitrary forbiddance is always the wrong way to go in a situation like this, getting angry and saying "I forbid it!" never works out in the end; the kid will just rebel. Better to tell his brother to be on guard, and watch out for tell-tale signs that she's trying to deceive him; at least then he might be on guard. Just make it clear that he thinks his girlfriend is dangerous, and that he needs to watch out. The brother's not stupid, he's able to think for himself; it's just up until now he's had this harpy whispering in his ear the entire time that he's forgotten how much his brother has sacrificed for him.

Arkeus likes this.
  4. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    XY keeps everything to himself and try to do everything himself which backfired.
    If he told his brother about You Yue and gave him the full report about the girl, at least he would get suspicious of her or something. Can't believe he went to confront her and asked her to do that knowing how much of a schemer she is. That and that she's a devil follower.

craBebe likes this.
  5. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xue Ying is not that much older than his younger brother. The truth is that a kid can't be raising a kid, the fault lies with his two "uncles". They're the adults. They should've intervened when they saw Xue Ying spoil his brother by treating him like his cuddly little brother. He was going to do that, since it's his only family left, he treats him as something fragile and precious because he's his last family member that is closeby.

I agree with all of this, but for someone like Xue Ying who's not someone with vast social experience it would be very hard to understand these teenage "truths". Look at how he was raised, he always listened to his father. His father made him train harshly, and saying "no" to his father was probably not something he even considered.

When he spoke up and showed the information he thought this was a done deal, how come his little brother didn't agree with his authority and logical reasoning?

I will say that mentioning You Yue is pointless since his little brother would've replied "my girlfriend is not a bitch like yours, she's a pure maiden, so lovely... etc"

Mentioning money is also not really something that would be convincing, her family fortune was stolen from them and they tasted poverty and scorn until the father turned to demon worshiping. That's something totally normal, I've seen some people who were poor and had to watch spending that are now rich and they're still watching spending like you'd think they have a tight budget. It's just something they will always think about because they never want to be poor anymore.

Really the only way would be to expose her would be to make her go back to her family in some way and secretly follow them. There's the option of assassinating her but you know how it is, he's a kind soul who would probably want to go to the bottom of this and things have a tendency to rise to the surface if you stir things hard enough.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    craBebe and Arcturus like this.
  6. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope IET resolves this issue sooner rather than later.

As difficult as it would be to expose Jing Ro for the manipulative harpy that she is, I think once she figures out there's no profit for her in a relationship with Qing Shi, and that she's just earning her family a colossal enemy like Xue Ying, she'll just end the relationship on her own. I honestly hope Qing Shi figures out his family's financial situation (that in fact everything their parents left them has all been used up and the only income their family has at this point is what Xue Ying makes from his missions); his idiot self will go to tell his GF right away because she's constantly been nagging him about it, and that gold-digger girlfriend of his will drop him instantly once she finds out there's no inheritance for her to try and wheedle out of him.

Reeeaallly hoping she pulls the personality reversal and reveals her true colors to him because she's pissed she wasted all this time on someone she can't get anything out of. Qing Shi needs some sort of traumatic experience so he can grow the F- up.

That, or he'll be brainwashed by this girl and go join the dark side because he's angry at his brother.

You never know, it's entirely possible Qing Shi had a better opinion of You Yue than his own girlfriend. Honestly, I imagine Qing Shi was probably closer to her than Xue Ying was considering he probably spent much more time in proximity to her than Xue Ying did. There's a good chance he saw her as a big sister kind of character. They were fellow students and lived and studied in proximity to each other for years, whereas Xue Ying was out in the hills being a hermit the entire time barely interacting with both (probably once a week?) as he was so focused on training.

I would almost bet Qing Shi had a better opinion of You Yue than Xue Ying did, so it's quite possible he might take her betrayal even harder than Xue Ying did. He might ask himself, "If this angel of an older sister was only after brother for his money, then maybe what my brother's saying about my girlfriend is true?" At the very least it might get him to up his guard, especially considering You Yue didn't have the suspect background Jing Ro has.

At the very least it would give him the opportunity to explain to his brother the idea that because of their position in society, they have to be on guard against people who are after what they have, rather than who they are. This concept is probably hammered into the future heirs of noble households in this world, to be on guard against people with ulterior motives; unfortunately, Xue Ying's family is new nobility and their parents weren't around to teach them this lesson (or possibly, they never even had the chance to learn it themselves.) As a result, this situation with You Yue and Jing Ro arose.

I imagine Qing Shi would still defend his girlfriend after this, but at the very least it would get him to suspect her and other people who might want to extort things from him. He's so damn naive at this point, that something needs to shock him into maturity before he starts doing some real damage to those around him.

Unfortunately, you only learn from your mistakes in situations like these, and until the other shoe drops, that lesson won't be learned.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  7. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Most definitely their education is lacking, his father was a warrior and the interactions we saw at the start all revolved around the spear and fighting. The mother was the typical gentle woman archetype ( I vaguely remember him talking about her cooking skills? Might be confusing another novel but im 90% sure ). So she wouldn't be the one talking about, look how for bad girls and such. Plus... he was 8(when they were taken away)...

They're missing some things... They're also isolated from the general public in their estate. The two uncle, one looks like he was a friend of the father and is probably some brute while the servant of his mother probably is hard wired to be servile and maybe doesn't think he can teach his young lord?

There's clearly a very strong lack of people's skill going on here all around.

I do in fact know how this is resolved since I've read ahead, if you're interested in being spoiled. I mean, in the grand scheme of things this is very minor in importance.

8. craBebe

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just wondering if it's resolved sooner (within 10 chapters?) or later (next volume+), don't need to know the how's or why's.

9. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    It's resolved at the end of the volume or the beginning of the next one.

craBebe likes this.
  10. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Freaking Cliffhanger!

11. Kreig123

Kreig123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i actually think the next arc is the best one and ji rong can go die in a pit..wink wink nudge nudge

12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I resisted all this time and I catch up to find the MC falling. Argh my timing is always off.

13. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    It's getting good now. With the MC falling down into the abyss what will he find. If all these people died there then maybe there'll be their storage rings/bracelets. He'll be richer by the time he gets out. And hopefully there'll be some kind of secret down there. That's a usual IET thing right?

14. Infinity Sword

Infinity Sword 『SwordofChaos's』『GodSlayingSword』『ZetaFam』『7Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol.. I know the feeling to well.. That's why I read the MT.. Because I'm to impatient to wait..

15. Infinity Sword

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm.. I don't know why but the feeling that I get in chapter 15 when I read the brothers reunion in MTL is kinda different than the translated chapter.. Or maybe it was because I already know what happened?

16. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    The rescue of the parents is coming up. I hope they piss him off and get killed.

17. Infinity Sword

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol!! Yeah even though I already read MTL but I'm still hyped up!!

18. akki

Reading List:
    Link
    The mother son reunion was good but overall the chapter was boring. sponsored chapters should come soon hopefully. Can't wait to see xue Ying get some revenge

19. Infinity Sword

Reading List:
    Link
    I very happy that this mother is alive.. Most CN just kill of the mother.. Lol

20. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh I don't think he'll do that much revenging. He doesn't seem the type to wipe out the whole clan