Spoiler Love in Another Life: My Gentle Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by elparis, Apr 16, 2017.

1. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, :);)

New Novel = Love in Another Life: My Gentle Tyrant

I am looking for the spoiler for this new series that was recently put on this website.
    First, I want to know if this novel has a Happy Ending?
    Second, Who is the ML of this novel?
    Third, I want to know what the deal with the emperor for killing the MC.
    Fourth, what were the misunderstandings that lead to the MC 's death?

Mostly, I just want to know what happen in the whole novel.
    Thank you, Sorry for all these. I am not a patient person. I need to know the skeleton of the story to start reading it. I have to know the sweet moment so I can have a motivation to read it. It is just like a checkpoint for me. :)

2. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nevermind, I found the thread for this. Sorry for this post.:cry:

3. catharcity

catharcity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Yes, the ending is happy. In their first lives, they were immortals. In the epilogue, they returned back to 'Heaven' and let their son govern the country. Actually, they also make a brief appearance in the sister book set in the same universe, fei wo qing cheng.

2. ML is Long Fei-li (Emperor Qingjia). Second male lead is Bai Zhanfeng.

3. It's a very long and complicated backstory. Basically, the MC is pregnant but the child is not Long Fei-li's. LFL thinks that the child's father is Bai Zhanfeng (another long story behind it, but his reasoning is logical and follows the facts/ situation, so I can't blame him for arriving at this conclusion). But the child isn't Bai Zhanfeng's. It's the product of rape. T_T Which brings us to the question: why doesn't the MC tell him? Essentially, LFL knowing the truth would cause him to die. This whole part is just a series of very unlucky events which culminated in the worst possible ending. It's not even considered 'misunderstandings'. There's no misunderstandings behind that. It's just that the MC has been driven to a corner and has no way out.

4. Refer to 3.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  4. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Did the ml kill her child? ...also did the ml found out what happened to her in the end?...also if he killed her how come their son is ruling their kingdom?

syofiaa and bleedingliar24 like this.
  5. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he didn't kill the FL's child, but the child miscarriaged.

Yes, eventually the ML found out what happened, and he nearly died after finding out. It was only because the circumstances had changed then, and someone from Xian Yantai (some 'Heaven'-esque place) managed to get him some pill to protect his heart, that he escaped death.

After the FL's 'execution', she ended up being unconscious for 3 years, during which, her soul actually went back to 21st century. Stuff happened and she eventually made it back to ancient China. More some stuff happened, they finally got together, and had another son, Long Wushuang.

6. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    why finding out the trouth would kill him?

7. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    His heart has been poisoned with a gu venom, linking it to the antagonist's (which he only found out later). Because this poison is extremely dangerous / toxic and because it was a poisoned aimed at the heart, any form of anger/ intense emotions would cause the poison to act up and him to die of agony. The antagonist would suffer along with him too. So their lives are 'linked'. But, because the antagonist was the one who devised the plan to poison him, he naturally has the antidote.

Basically, if LFL found out the truth, he would either: 1. die from the effects of the poison acting up, or 2. even if he did not die, he would be severely weakened, allowing the antagonist the chance to kill him in his weakened state, or 3. try to kill the antagonist, and result in the both of them dying (self destruct together, 同归于尽). But it's highly highly likely that the first scenario would happen and he'll just die from the pain. It's only because of the miracle pill from Xian Yantai that he escaped death.

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    So who was the one that raped her?

9. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Xiuwen. He was in love with her from their previous lives.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  10. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @catharcity Thanks for the spoiler, I really appreciate it.
    I do love reading romance with angst, but not in an overdose amounts. Previously, after I read the summary, I was afraid to read it bc I was afraid that this novel would be another one like Cold Moon Like Frost. It really made me felt unwell when all that MC had gone through was just bc of mistaken identity... (not to mention the ending)

That's why whenever I read romance with angst, I like to tread carefully.

Anyway, I'll definitely try reading this one. (I'm still waiting for the chapters to stack up)

Btw, can you give me more spoiler?

1. I've read in shushengbar that the baby that MC had miscarriaged was ML's, and the reason why he aborted it was bc his power wasn't strong enough, so he didn't want it to be used by the people in the palace (his enemy?)... So was it another pregnancy?

2. Who is Long Xiuwen? Since he had the same surname as ML, so I guess ML's brother? Did he get his karma in the end?

3. What was the backstory of the antagonist? Why did he want to harm ML so much?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  11. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eis

1. Yeah, in total, the MC was pregnant three times. The first time was LFL's (first) child. LFL wanted her to abort, because it was during a time when the Empress Dowager Wen (not his birth mother) was still relatively powerful, and his political court hadn't stabilised. Plus, Minister Nian was conspiring to rebel. But he didn't force her to go through with it, in the end. It ended in a miscarriage unfortunately. The second child is Long Xiuwen's. Her third (and last child) is LFL's, which also became the next Emperor.

2. LFL's 7th brother. Yes, he got his karma in the end, imprisoned somewhere. Personally, I think imprisoning him is a much more cruel punishment than just executing him. I remember LFL once said that, in their prisons, he wanted him to spend the rest of his life in agony, seeing how he & the FL lived their lives happily. Basically, letting him 生不如死 (living is worse than dying)

3. LFL's birth mother was Long Xiuwen's mother's servant, once. After LFL was born, both Long Xiuwen and his mother fell out of favour. Eventually, Long Xiuwen was exiled from a young age. He wants to 'harm' the ML because he is ambitious and wants to be King, which he thinks is his rightful position. Also, in his previous life, he was in love with the FL, so that is another motivating factor.

12. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you summarise me the previous life? And why ML want to execute FL? @catharcity

syofiaa likes this.
  13. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    The previous life is quite straightforward.

Xuanji married LFL to be his Empress. But she was not favoured by him because he loved someone else. (She did not realise he already had someone else in his heart when she married him.) Essentially, she was neglected and left in the cold palace, etc. Then, there was a war among the celestial beings, and she died in saving LFL and his consort. It was only afterwards that LFL realised that he did actually love her. He reincarnated to find her in their second lives, but when they met, they did not have memories of their first lives. (They only get their memories back, much much later. In any case, they fell in love again in their 2nd lives, even without memories of their first lives).

As for ML executing FL, refer to pt. 3 in the third post of this thread. :)

14. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    @catharcity Nope, I haven't read the novel. WIth angst novel, I usually wait until the translation is done before begin reading it. I have watched the drama though (kinda disappointed on how they butchered the ending). I don't read Cold Moon Like Frost too, I just read the summary in shushengbar, and even that gave me bad aftertaste.

So Long Xiuwen was the main antagonist huh... It's kinda stupid how he devised a poison for ML that would kill him too.

syofiaa and alexfilia like this.
  15. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    He will suffer, but ultimately, it won't kill him because he has the antidote. And iirc the poison that was used in linking LXW and LFL has slightly different 'effects'. One is the 'master' and the other is the 'child' poison. But the one that resides in LFL is the deadlier of the two.

syofiaa, Biakushi, Maikh and 6 others like this.
  16. wafflebeauty

wafflebeauty Димаш Кудайберген

Reading List:
    Link
    Pjew..at least the HE is real. I guess i can hold on as long as there's a definite happy ending. Guess i'll stack up the chapters first

17. icygreenapple

icygreenapple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @catharcity can you tell me how many ch is this story?
    and in which ch they got official?

18. catharcity

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the original chinese chapters, there are 513 chapters in the main text.

They 'officially' got together at chapter 319, i.e. declarations and everything out in the open. <3

That said, it's quite clear to the reader right from the beginning that the Emperor treats her differently from the others in the harem. Honestly, the harem/palace struggles are not a very prominent part of the book; it's not like Legend of Zhen Huan where the concubines fight and scheme throughout the entire book. There's no real need for the FL to fight with the rest cause the Emperor doesn't really care for his harem. They spend most of their time together, anyway.

The first major turning point where he consciously realises his feelings is around chapter 185.

But as a disclaimer, if you're reading the translations, the chapters will not match cause I combine a few of the original chinese chapters into 1 translated chapter. So ch 40 of the original text will probably be ch 10 of the translations, etc.

19. icygreenapple

icygreenapple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @catharcity thanks!
    i'm glad although it is angst, its not like Rolling Love where all angst ;-; (my poor heart...)

gonna put this in my reading list. keep up the good work :love:

syofiaa likes this.
  20. Feb

Feb New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello
    @catharcity

thank you so much for those spoilers and translating the novel! I just discovered it and so addictive, though a lot of angst already...
    I have a question regarding Long Fei-Li's harem.
    In the last translated chapter (ch 8), he seems to be favoring consort of Xuesong Palace and is expecting a child with her. In that case it is much different than in the past with consorts Hua or Hui, favored in name only but not physically, and just for political appearances.
    What is the story behind his relation with consort Xuesong Palace, does he love her now and what will happen to their child? Was he already sleeping with other consorts while still being with Xuanji? How does she accept it?
    Many thanks!!!

Winter Daphne and syofiaa like this.