Discussion Love

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Noche, Nov 18, 2017.

?

Do believe in love at first sight?

1. Yes

2. No

3. What is that thing called love?

4. Single 4 Live Mate

5. Ewww girl/women cooties

6. Ewww boy/me cooties

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. igiveup

igiveup a good boy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it could happen.

Like imagine ur walking in a park, and you overhear a person playing a video game. You recognise the tune as being from an pretty niche but recently released rpg you were also playing and enjoyed the other day, so you turn your attention too the direction of the music out of curiosity.

There a 10/10 cosplayer sits playing the game on a handheld, wearing a Straw-hat & with a samurai sword on her back.

Noticing your gaze, she turns too look at you, and you get a closer look at her peerless kingdom destroying jade like beauty, but suprisingly she gives you a sharp glare and says 'what are you looking at?'

You tip your Fedora and go '.. Milady, I meant no harm. That game, it must surely be the game X, which was recently released. I've been playing it too, can I see where you are at in the story?'

She goes 'Hmm.. Sure, but just so u know...
    I'm only into girls.
    '

Which makes your heart go 'doki dokix100'.

2. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Nopeeee... If you were falling in love with only sight, then there's lot other more beatiful girls you can fall in love with.

3. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Do believe in LUST at first sight?

Title Fixed. :aww:

OriginalChaser likes this.
  4. Ivivivi

Ivivivi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love at first sight isn't it just an excuse to a desire hmm... this is my opinion
    I think love means protection and give the best to that person.
    And about to what extent people action is acceptable, this is hard to answer actually idk the answer hahaha :blobsweat:

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is just a concept, like morality which governs our innate nature into a direction where our actions stem from.
    Love can be anything, from an unconditional to a twisted kind, and I must say, I belong to the former type.
    Love at first sight is simply the revelation of meeting someone out of your expectations in an appealing way, but in the end, expectations are what bind and break relationships.

Either you persevere that love of yours or abandon it midway for another one.
    Love for me is something which I cannot define, but feel. Words cannot express the madness of my love for all. I can't help but view the subject of my love a fragile yet precious existence. If I were to touch it... ha-ha, it would break and if I were to love it even more, I would bind it until it breaks. Call me confused, but my love is passionate like hatred; like malice. It stems from the insidious zeal within me which I myself find disgusting and dreadful.

Do you know what it feels like to want the love of your life to kill you, to be the first victim of murder out of love? I await for such a romantic moment in this lifetime where either I kill my love or my love kills me first. Such a thought makes my heart beat with love, ah, love.:aww::blob_grin::blobsmilehappy:

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I do think love at first sight exists but probably i wont experience that.

And i think "it's all for love" as a reason to do things but not always a good excuse. Because some do dumb or immoral things for love (^^)

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  8. OriginalChaser

OriginalChaser Dying as a Human

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no love at first sight, only a chemical/hormonal attraction at first sight, love only comes after that attraction becomes an addiction you can't live without.

9. hammyhamham

hammyhamham Only existing and not living

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe in Love at first sight nowadays. Why? Because people just fool themselves that what they are feeling is love at first sight but in reality people are attracted first with their looks, not their personality.

Sorry not sorry but this is my opinion :blobsmirk:

10. Unsleepyknight

Unsleepyknight Corrupted

Reading List:
    Link
    Well as a knight,I believe love was the founder of every good things while envy dostroys it.So yep I'm pretty sure that it exist.

11. Citrus

Citrus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Love, sure. Love at first sight is more attraction though, actual love takes a long time to foster.

Marriage vows are something people just say a lot of the time, but I would say only those who truly commit to them all their lives have experienced true love. "For better, for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health," et cetera.

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

AliceShiki and OriginalChaser like this.
  12. OriginalChaser

OriginalChaser Dying as a Human

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of marriages in this day and age seem to forget that

13. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like this is something I agree quite a bit with...

What is love? It's not an easy to answer question, and it varies a lot from person to person.

Love for me is maddening, it is something that completely takes me out of my usual everyday life, and threw me into a completely different situation.

I was dependent on it, I was desperately clinging to that love that I knew that could never work out, but I still clang to it as if it was the only thing that mattered in the world... And honestly speaking, at that moment, I didn't care about anything else.

Here is the deal, most people here are talking about how love at first sight doesn't exiat and yada yada yada... That's because they never experienced anything similar, I fell in love with a guy after talking with him for 1h or so, I never saw his face and only discovered his first name when we broke up... And that love was big enough to make me lose my focus on everything I was doing, I broke my relationship with my parents, got out of uni, got away from my friends... I was completely into that love with a man I met over the internet for about 1h (obviously we talked a lot more later, but I was already in love then)

Sure, it's not first sight, it's first interaction... But it's similar enough. Love knowns no boundaries, you just need to find someone that is your type and things can work out somehow. And that includes first sight.

Vilidious likes this.
  15. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, my experience was a bit similar; I clung to it for dear life, although I got a clear rejection pretty soon from its start.
    Still, I had to make sure there really was no chance.

What really stood out from that experience was regular anguish and emotional pain (which I'm thankful for, since I had become to believe myself a machine without emotion before that experience); and the rare feeling of calm and peace in her presence.

Letting it go for real took some years and now it's at a point where I feel we're still friends although I consider her a normal friend too, like she wanted... and I almost never interact with anyone I don't meet in person in my daily life (which wasn't probably what she had in mind :p).

You know, to me friends are people who have my good will and who I consider as close enough to talk relatively openly about matters, but I don't feel it necessitates that I will constantly bother them with meet ups, catching up, or anything like that... they're still my friends despite the passage of time and the length of the distance. I don't see why not talking for a period of time should affect that. We all live our own separate lives, after all.

At the height of it all, if she would've gained any benefit or support from it, I would've married her in a heartbeat.

Oh well, that was the last and strongest time I've felt like that... and I can't even imagine experiencing it ever again and have, for a long time now, felt that I have to lower my requirement of mutual love/happiness, at least at the start of a relationship, which has been my way too ambitious desire from early childhood and which I think will guarantee I will die alone.

But anyway, the point of that drivel was that I wanted to bring up the horrible pain and suffering that comes along with love, and not just that fluffy feeling of bliss. After all, there's no happiness without suffering, since otherwise it would just be an average unappreciated state of mind.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with most of what you said!

It's funny how you said you might need to lower your initial requirements... Personally speaking, I only have 1 requirement to be willing to go out with someone... I need to be able to look at that person and imagine myself married to them someday.

It doesn't mean I'll go thinking of marriage right away, don't get me wrong. But it needs to be a goal, something to strive for, and to slowly make a reality... If I can't see myself marrying that person some day off in the future, then I won't even bother.

... Well, I only had 1 relationship so far... But I refuse to lower my requirements for anyone. I wonder if that will stop me from marrying or not... I mean, I really do want to marry after all...

Vilidious likes this.
  17. Vilidious

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't see a problem with aiming for a marriage straight away, if one feels like it... and, frankly, to me (as a male) marriage is just making an existing relationship concrete/legal. How to say it, the ultimate degree of commitment that would ideally last until death.

Personally I have a bit of a wild imagination, so I can even imagine being married to tree... you know, the tree's just there in my kitchen, wearing an apron and always staring at me silently and judgmentally... wondering why it ever bothered to marry with that little man-child... and silently thinking about filing in divorce papers, and casting lusty glances at that "damn fine" neighbor's fir tree.

However, also as a male, I'm not good at guessing what other people want from small hints, so I think it might be good to note that to get a relationship into a marriage, you might need to be pretty explicit with members of my gender. Granted, quite a few will probably get scared and run away, but better earlier than later I'd say, and at least I wouldn't be especially positive about the chances with someone who isn't willing to even consider it and possibly even plan the steps for it, if it's something you really want.

All in all, I'm of the opinion that I'd like my relationships to lead to at least happiness. Whether it's marriage or not is a moot point, as long as the degree of commitment is the same.

As long as you're not like me who maybe falls for someone once in a decade, if he's lucky, I think your chances should be better.

However, I'm not going to say that you'll definitely marry, or something, since it just feels like empty lip service; who knows what'll happen... maybe you'll get tired of those insensitive males and go for a same-sex relationship or get frustrated and marry a hug pillow with your favorite 2D character. I have no clue and I'm not gonna judge. :)

Edit: Oh yeah, one thing I'd like to throw out there is that I think that relationships and love are two different things. One can make an educated decision that this is good enough even without love, and be completely content with it. And vice versa love someone without even a remote possibility of a relationship.

AliceShiki likes this.
  18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, then it better be a really amazing tree then! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well, if I were to go out with someone, I would need to be able to see myself married with them... In that case, this probably means we already talked a fair bit in the past, so... They'll probably know that at the very least, I want something serious, I really refuse to enter a relationship if it's not a serious one.

I guess commitment is indeed the most important thing, for me commitment should lead to marriage one day, but I guess this changes according to the culture.

I do agree with what you said about the relationship not necessarily meaning love! It's an interesting thing, because there are no arranged marriages on my country, but I heard they're fairly common in some others... And well, some people are perfectly fine with marrying someone they don't love, and slowly grow up into a proper relationship... It's interesting I guess.

For me though, those 2 go hand-in-hand, since I can't really see myself in a relationship without love, but it's not the case for everyone... On the other hand, I definitely understand love without a relationship... It's a... Painful feeling.

Vilidious likes this.
  19. LeechStrayCat

LeechStrayCat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I believe in love at first sight. When I first saw myself in the mirror...

Vilidious likes this.
  20. Vilidious

Reading List:
    Link
    See? Even in my imagination I'm NTR'd by a tree... :/

More seriously though, well, there are no arranged marriages in my country either, though I have been starting to think that it's the only way for me to get hitched.

I remember my mother at one point mentioned that I should get a mail -order bride from Russia (which reminds me of that one SNL clip on Russian brides) when I was around 25 yrs old. My sister has kids now, so she hasn't felt like mentioning it lately though... maybe she gave up on me. :)

AliceShiki likes this.