LCD Lv1 Skeleton

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by SerialBeggar, Sep 29, 2017.

1. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging by the wording from the voice it sounds like time got turned back so that he can "make the right choices" this time.

I made a bit post about it on the page so feel free to read that but basically I'm only reading this crap now because I've already read 62 damn chapters so I might as well take a few minutes to read the new chapters as they come out.

But seriously I have ZERO respect for an author that relies on shock value plot twists like "Oh this character you have zero reason to doubt was lying the entire time and betrayed you at the most crucial time when you trusted them with your most important thing" or "surprise everyone you loved or cared about is dead!". They are cheap, never have the emotional impact they should considering what was lost, and generally just ruin the story.

I thought it was bad enough when the author's pacing was just all over the place and he was pulling enemies out of this air. But this? It has been a while since I've seen an author this bad.

Wujigege, zloi medved and FranckOA like this.
  2. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm another new world? or maybe back on earth?

3. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth because it mentions metal ladders, LED, and people being shocked moving skeletons exist.

I have to say this is a worse plot twist that I could have EVER imagined. I guess someone forgot to tell the author that unexpected plot twists DO NOT equal good. In this case I never expected this because it's by far the dumbest idea I have ever seen. What possible point could sending the MC back to earth but with his powers nerfed serve!?! This was not the time nor the place for this kind of event and it was handled terribly. As a comparison I'll mention something that happens in "Sheild Hero"
    After they got insta killed by the goddess the MC and Raphtalia get sent to earth thanks to the protection of the sacred spirits. What followed is a few chapters that eventually lead to a power up and them going back to finish their fight.

Now there are some problems with how the author handled this as well however I'll just focus on what they got right. First of all the MC had stated from the start he would return to earth and doing so was long confirmed as possible. So when it happens while it was unexpected to happen then it didn't just come out of nowhere.

Second the MC loses his powers but it's not a reset. IT's just his sacred weapon and magic in general didn't work so well on earth.

This this happens during the climax of the story so all this is meant to lead to the grand finale. Thus a quick return trip home was useful as a way for the MC to reflect on a lot of stuff before returning to finish the fight.

it's not like the author even needed to resort to this. Just do a freaking time skip backwards to undo his mistakes and move on. Maybe finally do the smart thing and take the "golden dragon" or even "golden slime" path and get away from the lich route.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. Jev

Jev Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah if the MC goes the exact same route that he did before he will literally be the most idiotic protagonist I have seen in literature.

5. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    no wonder this novel lasts only 140+ chapters........:blobpensive::blobpensive::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Wujigege likes this.
  6. metazoxan

Reading List:
    Link
    It shouldn't have even been that long. It started to run out of ideas at around chapter 50 if I remember right and should have just focused on world building and god battles and ended at 75 to 100 chapters.

What's really sad is he didn't HAVE to run out of ideas. There were a few chapters around chapter 50 where he was building Necropolis and that "hero girl" and her gang were on the run where that could have EASILY been expanded into at least 10 chapters each but the author condensed them each into a single chapter. Not only did this give it a VERY rushed feeling... but seeing where the author went with the story it's clear he wasn't rushing to get to anything special.

If there was just more important stuff the author wanted to cover I would have understood skimming over the Kingdom building elements and going into detail about the growing war with the devil king and the reincarnators. But instead it just feels like the author didn't know how to do world building or take his time portraying anything besides the MC and just rushed through it.

7. VannVann

VannVann [Drained] 《Worn Out》 GM

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno What the author is taking but I want it...

I want it now...

Also This story is brimming with potential in my eyes but, alas poor execution. I loved Valenor and I loved Chompy who was much smarter than Johra... I felt uneasy when everyone died... It honestly could have been a short gem of a story...

8. Goprince

Goprince Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not certain they r dead... just the Angel said that they would follow them to his grave

9. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh super annoyed at this latest chapter, still chose the demilich way that got him killed last time around... made me so frustrated that i wanted to slap the MC if i could GAHHHHH

10. Jev

Jev Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea man, as I said before this is the dumbest MC I have ever seen.

11. Goprince

Reading List:
    Link
    yea i laughed so hard when i first saw that he chose the lich again simply because it was familiar :p

12. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL this novel dropped. I just so happen i had put it on hold for like 5 chapters. Then I read it was like wtf is this shit. lol

13. Nope34

Nope34 {Nope Garden's Master~}{Flower and Water Guardian}

Reading List:
    Link
    my question is how the hell slime always appears??

14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started this and I hope someone teachers authors how to write female characters
    I am fed up with deres

15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, my thoughts exactly, writing sci-fi is easier said than done, that is why those who are not scientists or have one to consult should just stick to magic. I personally skipped the science parts
    upload_2017-12-19_13-20-20.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Anon2.0 likes this.
  16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    The marriage to the dragon pissed me off the most
    and the every female all of a sudden being in love with him was just a cheap plot device
    Given that I dont find non human love interests palatable but even ignoring that, it was too hard to stomach
    He just kept pulling things off his ass and I ended up spending 2 mins to read a chapter
    This is why Miyazaki says authors need to interact with actual women.
    All the female characters in this were shit
    https://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/01...strys-problem-is-that-its-full-of-anime-fans/

17. Teisen

Teisen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow its feels like i am watching Star Gate Atlantis. i bit to much of sic-fi for a novel with the name lvl 1 skeleton.

18. Goprince

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone! Currently I am wrapping up my translation of Lv1 Skeleton and will be working on the last few chapters to make a patreon page to give you guys a chance to read ahead. If you enjoy the work and would like to support me as a translator, please to take the time to Like/Comment/Share. This will allow my to become a full-fledged translator on GravityTales, so I need 200 likes! :p Also feel free to comment what novels you’d like to see me picked up next on my Facebook page.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoprinceT/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoprinceT

GonZ555 likes this.
  19. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    When bull shit-ing reaches its worst

20. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link