Magic Association Magic Association - Event Hall

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by The Everdistant Utopia, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    After defeating the griffin, Blaiz started to stand up despite being beaten and bruised. He looked up towards the ice phoenix, only to see a blue beam of light aiming at him. It was traveling faster than he could dodge, which also meant that he couldn't teleport away. Closing his eyes and resigning to his fate, the young man waited to be hit. Yet he never was.

Opening his eyes, the dragonkin saw a blue shield in front of him blocking the majority of the blast. Seeing signs of it about to break, Blaiz quickly casted a teleport spell despite barely having enough mana for it. Barely making it in time, he collapsed to the ground as soon as he made it. Bleeding out crimson red blood onto the ground, the redhead quickly realized that he only managed to prolong the inevitable. He knew that couldn't heal in time, and there was no one who could make it in time to heal him either. Praying for Ruby's safety, he closed his eyes hoping that the bird wouldn't cause any more damage after his death and that his sacrifice was worth it.

Fate didn't seem to like that idea. Right when the man closed his eyes, he felt his connection to his most trusted companion snap. The contract that made him Ruby's master disappeared. Realizing what happened, Blaiz hurriedly looked into the sky just in time to see his elemental, no, Ruby, get blasted out of the sky. Feeling his mana returning to him now that his contract was gone, Blaiz hurriedly stood up, limping towards her. Reaching her after several minutes, the dragonkin hurried to grab her body that was already fading out of existence.

"Ruby, why?" Blaiz cried out as tears streamed down his face. He clutched her hand in his. "Why would you go so far for me?" Each word that he spoke emanated heavy doses of mana. His wounds started healing faster, and the ambient mana in the air hummed. Despite all of this, the dragon knew that he could do nothing for his friend as once the contract was terminated, it couldn't be re-established unless the summoner resummoned the elemental. Sobbing silently, he heard her voice, Ruby's voice.

"Don't you...alrea...know?" She said in a hoarse voice while a soft smile graced her face that was covered in cuts. "I've...told you...before.... I love you, Master." As she spoke each word her body got visibly fainter, seeming like it would vanish into thin air at any moment.

Hearing those words, Blaiz squeezed her hand even tighter, not wanting to ever let go of it.
    "Then, next time, if I manage to summon you, we'll get married. Forget what I said about you needing to be a high ranked elemental, I'm happy with you just the way you are." Said the dragonkin as he slowly started to smile again.

"I...don't think...my soul will make it...but...if it does...definitely," Ruby said, squeezing out as much strength as she had left. After that, her body shattered into dust.

Seeing her body travel up toward the sky, Blaiz smiled, knowing that they would definitely meet again. Thinking about his first memory with her, he faced the threat in front of him, his body no longer covered in wounds and his mana recovered to his previous full capacity. Now, with Ruby gone, he could handle twice as much as before.
    -----
    The yearly exams for the magic academy finally came around, and everyone was showing off their most powerful magic spell. As for a certain young dragonkin who everyone hated due to his constant jokes despite being great at magic, he had just finished up drawing a magic circle with the blood of a phoenix that he secretly stole from the academy's alchemy center (they lacked protection against teleportation). A drop of phoenix blood was said to make the summoned elemental raise a grade, so a whole vial should do wonders was his thought process. Of course, he had to dilute the blood with other ingredients such as the blood of a wyvern, crushed sunflower seeds, and a lot of powdered fire stones. This was mostly to disguise the phoenix blood, but it also helped stretch out how much he could draw.

Waiting to be announced, the young boy decided to try to modify the spell a bit. The spell was meant to summon a fire lizard for thirty or so minutes, but the dragonkin remembered seeing some ancient texts stating that the older summoners could have their contracted spirit be out at all times. They even had a slight possibility to summon a humanoid elemental, spirits that were said to have unlimited potential. That's what the dragonkin was aiming for. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time to finish his alterations before he was called. The magic academy only gave them so much time to prepare beforehand, so he couldn't really be angry. All that he could hope for is that it wouldn't fail outright.

"May the next student, Blaiz Eldritch, please step forward." Announced the headmaster of the academy with an expectant look in his eyes. Blaiz did use the whole hour preparing, so he thought that something was definitely in store for him. The young dragonkin stepped forth, standing in front of his fellow classmates as they sneered at him, calling him an orphan, a bastard, and more. He ignored them all, instead teleporting the circle that he just drew in front of everyone despite not understanding how he was able to teleport the circle without the ground beneath it. Standing in front of the freshly made magic circle, he started casting his spell as everyone stared on in shock at his unprecedented display of teleportation.

"Spirit of fire sleeping within the fiery embrace of the phoenix,

Spirit of flame hiding away before the spark,
    Spirit of ember glowing forever bright,
    Spirit of light showing my path,
    Spirit of ash forging everything anew,
    Heed my call.
    I wish to form a contract with you,

The one who I call knows not only destruction,
    The one who I call embodies passion,
    The one who I call desires nothing but companionship,
    The one who I call fears not the end,
    The one who I call is born from the fires of the sun.

Obedience is not your duty, but an option.
    Love can be found by you despite having never felt before.
    Friendship is already yours, it is but undiscovered.
    Beginnings may bring apprehension, but we can fight through it.
    The moon may comfort you, but the Earth is where you belong!

Come to me, my contracted spirit!"

As he finished the spell, a flash of light appeared, fire scorched the lands, but nothing was damaged. From within the circle came a young girl about the same age as her summoner. She had fiery red hair dancing around her with an innocent smile. Her dress was covered in feathers of oranges and reds. Flames danced about her yet never damaging her.
    "Are you my master?" Was the first thing out of the beautiful girl's mouth.

Being the first to recover, Blaiz stared dumbfoundedly at the loli. Her pale white skin greatly contrasted her hair, her amber eyes looking like the finest of gems, he couldn't look away. All he could do was silently nod his head.

"Then do you have a name prepared for me?" Is what she asked. Hearing this, the young fourteen year old could only think of one thing.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, the dragonkin responded. "Ruby. Your name shall be Ruby as your hair is a crimson read reminding me of the beautiful jewel." Hearing the that, the small girl gave a beautiful smile before launching herself at Blaiz, wrapping him in her arms.

"Nice to meet you, Master! I'll serve you faithfully from here on out!"
    Said Ruby while looking up at her new master with big eyes. From then on the two fought through thick and thin with each other and were nearly inseparable.
    -----

"Until now, that is." Blaiz said with a soft smile. Still facing the Ice Phoenix, the dragonkin made a decision. He wanted to surprise Ruby when she came back to him, but in order to do that he would need some materials. Luckily for him there were some great ones right in front of him. The issue is that he couldn't kill the creature or it would all disappear.

Thinking of all of his memories with his companion over the past three years, the redhead resolved to not only get stronger, but also learn how to defend those he wants to protect. And helping the phoenix in front of him is the first step.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw ruby rushing toward the Phoenix lord, I widened my eyes and before I knew it my hands were moving. I knew that ruby was most likely going to die...But she was my friend! and I won't leave my friend behind! Closing my eyes, I Imagined a part of me, What I did not know what part of my unique energy at the time, gathered in a ball of mist in front of me and was sent into and attached to ruby's soul-force. I also did not know at the moment, was that the energy I sent was like a thin coat around ruby's soul, shielding the soul from dissipating.

I Immediately felt weakened, and for some reason inside me, I knew it was a permanent 20% decrease in my ability for the near future, and perhaps to the far future.

Using the last of my energy, I used my healing powers on the Phoenix lord's head, what it did? I don't know because the darkness....has claimed.....

3. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    The situation was horrifying. Everything failed. The rooftop nee-chan failed. The nest nest was only 2/3 destroyed. As for the phoenix? It stared at the wizards contemptuously while choosing who to eat for lunch and who leave for dinner.

Meal, food, nutrients. The wizards, no matter how strong they were, were all classified as such. Within the entire association, only two individuals might take care of the situation, the squirrel grandma and Sogre. However, both of them disappeared.

"Let's go!" Soremad turned around and left the battlefield while vanishing all the links of supplying mana. The fight was lost, there was no need for them. Now was everyone on their own.

"Where should we go? How about doing the business in Nyllia?"

The Mahjarrad unwaveringly marched away, when shrill screams resounded through the air as the remaining grey spheres flew towards him and coagulated into a grey mass of gas. The temperature, which was already very low seemed to drop to the absolute zero. No! It was only feeling. It was as if everything stood still before the grey gas and could only tremble in fear under its might.

"WAIT!" The Mahjarrad shouted.

The grey gas ignored him as a tiny bony hand stretched out from it and pointed at the Mahjarrad.

"I do not understand! Why?" Soremad asked once again.

No answer was spoken. The hand only beckoned him to come closer.

"Why? I already got rid myself of the old era! You already stole my powers! Why? I still should have time!"

*Closer!* *Closer!* The bony hand beckoned once again disregarding whatever thoughts the Mahjarrad had.

"No way!" Soremad yelled in defiance!

"+šř!:'!/_'!/. @''!!!?Lok @!" The mana around Soremad vibrated as a sonorous voice enveloped his very being.

The Mahjarrad roared: "The remain of the old era? I do not belong here? You are fucking kidding me! First you strip me of my power making me even weaker than those dumb humans and now you want to directly kill me? Why? What can I do? how can I affect the new era?"

"a-efmc @ @ @kajcoiwe999!"

"A bug, I am a bug?!" The Mahjarrad laughed! "I should have ceased my existence during that ritual? I was an uncalculated loophole? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Even if I can, what can I do?"

"("_'!(_((_!/_!35681QWqac'!:¨§_:)ú'!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That much? I never knew you took me so importantly! But, can you even stop me? Can you actually do something?"

"¨-¨§ů)-¨§-¨)-"

"Ohh? Now we are talking!" The Mahjarrad thought for a while over the suggestion the bony hand produced. "Well, since my time here is counted and I will die sooner or later anyway as the last member of my race, let's make it! Let's make the deal, for ONE LAST TIME!"

What the content of the deal was? No one knew. One thing, however, was for sure. From that day onwards, the race of Mahjarrats truly disappeared from the surface of the world never to reappear ever again. The only thing, which was left of the Mahjarrads existence was one grey mountain lion, one muk/shoggoth like monster and a torn page.

What happened to Soremad, you ask? Well, there are several theories. One says that he returned to his motherland. The other that he used his life to save the association. However, the most popular of all was that after dealing with Hell for so long, he finally lost it all. Though, after many years, when the wizards connected to the Hell once again, no records of him making the final deal could be found. Nevertheless, the theory remained the most popular as it became a direct teaching material for the young children not to play with fire.

Now, let's rewind the time back again, to the point right after the deal. Shoggy returned to its smaller form and carried by Linda, they sped off towards the association to handle the remaining matters of their master's "death", such as securing his personal assets and making sure they were safe.

In the meantime, within the nest of the Ice Phoenix, the Mahjarrat stared straight into a pupil of the damned phoenix.

"Well, birdie. Not sure how much time do I have, however it should be enough for you! First though, let that kid away."

The Mahjarrad stretched out his hand towards the tiny ice phoenix standing next to Lee. Soremad still remembered her help with the golem. Also, Shoggy might need her assistance in due time. Out of all the mages here, she might not be the strongest, however, she was one of the reliable ones.

Although the young ice phoenix still had some reservation with leaving its master and father, under the cold gazes of both the large phoenix and the strange individual, it could only concede and carry the unconscious miss away.

After the silhouette of his colleague disappeared from his sight, the Mahjarrad turned back towards the huge guy before him.

"I have to hand it to her though. The miss seemed to do some work from me." He said as he scrutinized the Ice Phoenix before him.

*CAAAAAAWK!!!"

The bird could not take it anymore as a beam of ice was released from its beak. The magic beam hit the Mahjarrad and pierced right through him. Only path of pristine ice was left in its path.

*Crack!* The ice shattered apart. Every building. Every being hit by it now turned into tiny pieces of ice crumbling on the ground. The phoenix, however did not sigh in relief. On the contrary, it was even more tense than before, because he could feel the mana around him behave chaotically. It was a sign, a sign of an impending doom.

The skies turned grey. The shrill screams of the deceased cried as they feared was what to come. They started to run away. All of the flying monsters started to tremble in fear as they ceased their actions and looked above into the hazy grey clouds.

The huge birdie also looked upwards and with its piercing gaze it could see the grin on the Mahjarrad's face as he was floating within the grey cloudy sky.

Soremad let out one last maddening laughter as he threw the Book of Rites into the air. One page after the other left the book only until its cover was left and even that slowly disintegrated into ash and joined the pages in a one grand dance. The pieces of the book waltzed through the grey clouds to the music of the shrill cries of miserable souls, which were drawn into.

The number of souls accumulated and even after enduring many of the phoenix's ice beams, the grey clouds soon became saturated.

The clouds then congealed together and...

*CAAAWK!!!* Another phoenix, phoenix of resentment, corruption and dead appeared within the skies.
    OoC: New wild phoenix appeared. This phoenix shall battle the raid boss and with every exchange suck a piece of its corruption.
    My character shall disappear from MA, though occasionally his rants shall be heard.
    Also, I think that I have officially overcame both Blaiz and Cad in OPness (that is if this report will be accepted by Haxa).

@Haxagen @Fossil @leegood @shad12ow @TiggerBane @Naraku @AliceShiki ...and other players

4. Mlaser

Mlaser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [The end of a battle earlier]

I22 jumped at one of the griffins, slashing with her sword. The griffin evaded barely lowering it’s altitude, but it was an opportunity, she let go of the shield and grabbed the creature with the free hand, pulling herself to the back of it.
    The griffin isn’t happy being mounted and is shaking trying to knock down its rider. I22 tries her best to cut its wings, but the shaking makes staying mounted and aiming for the right spot with the sword difficult, adding her positioning makes it impossible to exert much strength to the blow resulting only in superficial injuries.
    Realizing that cutting it isn’t working, she sheathes the sword and hugs the griffin firmly to not fall off while also trying to snap his neck. The griffin sensed some danger and began to throw himself at building trying to shake her off. Even suffering I22 continues to hold firm. Energies began to circulate in her body, indication that the hidden magic circle in her body began to work, veins begin to appear on her arm that also swells.
    With her strength boost and a loud battle scream she try to broke the griffin’s neck.
    However this proves to be a useless effort, it cause some discomfort, but it wasn’t sufficient.
    ‘At least, I need to make some damage’
    She extend her hand pushing her finger into his eyes.
    ‘Sorry. I wish I could finish you up properly’
    Loud screams could be heard from the griffin while she drops, falling to the ground.
    The resilient body make her survive the fall. The body is serious injured but it still 60% operational. To Victor these injuries can easily be solved with time. However, this event make he realize what he was doing wrong in her strengthening.
    ‘The way of how this homunculus is made is a little different, the boost is not working the same way like normal humans, i need to check that later.'

5. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    *Roar*

The Phoenix had taken off from it's nest, battling against it's counterpart. The thing was, one was formed entirely out of negative energies, while the other was corrupted.

The ranking systems were still on different levels. The ethereal one, formed out of a ritual, landed several strikes that gouged out flesh, leaving rending cuts in the other's body, but at the same time, the Ice Phoenix was blasting it with powerful spells.

The two flew high up into the skies, clashing. So far up they were that they became small dots in the sky, circling back and forth. Sparks flew and the sound of metal clashing against metal rang, as the two tore away at each other.

In a match of endurance, the summoned phoenix wouldn't be able to outlast or strike down the latter. It could only buy time.

"...We have to come up with a plan before it finishes off the other. And quickly, too."

---------------------------------------------------------
    Last Phase Has Started
    There's only one available task for this phase. 1 outcome out of 2 possibilities. Both have their own impacts on the future.

Kill the Phoenix (One Time Only, Limited Task.)
    While the Phoenix is occupied with the other, find a way to strike it down. It's the last chance.

Or

Stop the Rampage! (One Time Only, Limited Task.)
    Even if you kill the beast today...You need to ensure that those who have fallen didn't go out for nothing. You also need to know why it attacked, in the first place. And the only way to find out is to cure it.

--------------------------------------------------

MaliMi likes this.
  6. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Quest:Stop the Rampage!
    Character: Cadmium
    "That thing has been corrupted just as the sewer elemental was made out of corrupted energy we really need to recover and heal it I don't want to have a third monster coming around with a similar set up for the third time and only then go and arrest it or some such thing especially since they appear to become more powerful each time they reappear and what not also it will drive people away from here which is something that this town needs to continue surviving in this world that we live in." Saying as such over the badge Cad begins to look for something which will be strong enough to hold him down so that somebody can cure him.

Quest:Stop the Rampage!
    Character: Yvrrainne
    "I second that idea but I don't know how we can do such a thing."

Haxagen and MaliMi like this.
  7. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Quest : Stop the rampage!
    Character : Glace and Sroska

"Finally....looks like we managed to arrive in time." said Sroska, gasping for breath.
    Just when Glace was gonna reply to Sroska, A huge icebeam was unleashed by the phoenix, missing its counterpart and heading straight towards the duo.
    Glace quickly formed a meter thick ice wall to stop it. On contact, both the ice attacks started melting and evaporating each other, as if they could not exist together. Purple smoke came out from this acidic contact, seeming without any doubt malicious.
    Sounding serious for the first time in a while Glace said in a deep voice uncharacteristic of his usual self, "The ice is no longer pure. Cleanse this blemish before late as per the commandments of Daora." He took out his incomplete halo and equipped it while saying, "Looks like I will have to use this even if it is incomplete. We need to heal that phoenix, Sroska."
    @Fossil

8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Stop the Rampage

Taking a step towards the phoenix, Blaiz noticed several things. One was a fainted Lee. She probably fell unconscious from trying to remove the corruption from the creature. Another thing the dragonkin noticed was that his sensitivity to the flow of magic improved considerably after his mana returned to normal, allowing him to sense that the beast was corrupted in the first place. Thirdly, the redhead realized that he had no idea how he should cure the Ice Phoenix. So he decided to use the only method he knew: Burn all of the corruption out.

There was that one text I read in the same book that I used to summon Ruby, saying something about how darkness magic and fire magic could burn pure magic. Maybe I could recreate the effect with spatial magic instead? Something like using space magic to target the corruption and teleport it away from the beast. Meanwhile the fire magic would be used to clean up any remaining traces...yeah! That should work!

Finished devising a plan, Blaiz set to work developing a new spell.

@Ddraig

MaliMi, Ddraig, leegood and 1 other person like this.
  9. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Character: Cadmium
    Quest: Stop the Rampage!
    Cadmium stands still and thinks about something that had happened earlier on in the task about the fact that the nest was buffing the ice pheonix. "Well then I think that puts a hold on that idea of finding something to hold it in for now better go back to the Lords manor"

After having fought through another wave of the enemy birds. "Yep it appears to still be standing I hope that won't last for long and it continues to ignore me again" Cadmium then enters inside the non-collapsed part and starts breaking support pillars again. Over a period of 5 minutes Cadmium proceeds to break 20 support pillars and break out the wall on the other side. "Well that was fun and now one light hit should bring the whole thing down. Where is a nice big tree when you need one." Cadmium asks on the badge. "Can someone get a big attack on the nest about now the support beams have been crippled."

MaliMi likes this.
  10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    "We won't be able to stop that phoenix on our own Glace. We are gonna need help and healers and light mages." said Sroska.
    "Glace can barely defend against the attacks. Glace can assure full protection of only one person against the phoenix."
    At the same moment, Glace noticed Blaiz and Lee. Calling out loudly to Blaiz he said, "Oi Blaiz, join us for the subjugation. Get some more people first. This party is gonna need more members."
    "Let's retreat for now," said Sroska while sending some explosive formations to act as a smokescreen.

@Fossil and relevant people

11. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: stop the rampage
    (z.z)
    Lee slept peacefully on the side
    (z.z)
    When she had a strange dream
    (z.z)
    She was in a strange land
    On top of a floating city
    Enjoying a strange soft pink fruit

When suddenly the phoenix lord appeared in front of her

But this phoenix lord seemed....smaller, more curious and younger.

This continued for a minute, till lee walked up to it and pet its chin.

Lee only woke up when a strange pig licked her foot, and when she did wake up the lessor phoenix had woken her up.

"Flying...city? Oh! The ice phoenix lord!"
    She was confused though "two?!"

12. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Waking from his stupor, Blaiz nodded before saying, "Yeah, I'll help. I'll see if I can't find Umbrum and Aria to help out too." After seeing Glace off, the dragonkin flew off to where he last saw Umbrum go invisible. Not seeing him anywhere, the dragonkin decided to yell for him instead. “Oi! Umbrum! We need some help in the front lines!”

@Naraku

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    MaliMi, Naraku, Haxagen and 3 others like this.
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dozing off, Umbrum opened his eyes and felt a hand on his neck, it was his, as usual. It was pressing his throat. One day, he may strangle him, but that's alright.
    What happened ? He didn't remember what happened. Yes, he was awake. But now, he woke up yet he was still invisible... something was wrong. What happened ?

"Right... I was knocked off... something exploded... a fight... yeah... what happened...?"
    Umbrum rubbed his own head while trying to remember everything while he almost forgot that someone yelled at him.
    "I-I am here !" He shouted and tried to use a spell but his mana channels were hurting him due to the overuse of his mana during his forced sleep... quickly, he cut off the invisibility enchantment, right, that was the worst.

"...what the... calm down..."
    Umbrum looked around him, he almost gone speechless but then he looked at Blaiz and ran the quickest he could at the moment, toward him. But then he thought about something... where was Niris...? He shook his head, there was more important matters and she is stronger than him, she should be fine.

OOC: And I finally replied~
    @Fossil

leegood, Haxagen, Fossil and 2 others like this.
  14. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Making his way towards Umbrum's voice, Blaiz quickly saw the running man. Dropping down towards him, the dragonkin started to speak.

"Alright, a lot happened while you were MIA, but what's important now is that we're changing our plans. We're no longer going to destroy the nest or kill the phoenix, instead we're going to try to purify it. If you any tracking spells to find Lee, the healer, now's the time to use them. Anyway, need a lift?" Asked the redhead as he flapped his wings to show his point.

Waiting for a response, the ex-summoner briefly pondered as to where Mira had been during all of this. I still have a buff from her, so she must still be alive...but where is she? Regardless, I don't have time to look for her right now. I'll have to find her later.

OOC: @Naraku, I finally replied as well~

Naraku, MaliMi, Ddraig and 4 others like this.
  15. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Tracking spells I don't think I have that... mm... all I can do is likely travel safely. So, if I search someone, it would be done without hinders, but it will be long as I don't know tracking spells... traditional tracking may have work but seeing the disaster around us, the traces are probably... camouflaged. Or simply destroyed... A lift...? Oh !" After seeing him flapping his wings, he smiled and immediately nodded, he has never been flying before, true, in certain circumstances, he could jump really high, but that was a different feeling as he was constantly falling.

"Wh... mm. About finding Lee... well, first where was she the last time you saw her ? Let's first determinate a zone of where she can be. Then... oh wait." Umbrum suddenly remembered something and thought that it would be the most useful thing he could right now.

"Niris knows a spell, Life Detection, wouldn't that be quite useful in our situation ? At least, it would be easier to search someone hidden under remains of buildings. As long as they are alive. She should be around the HQ... It would be perfect if Lee was also around there..." Umbrum rubbed his chin as he pondered about where she could go.

OOC: And I finally replied once again~

Haxagen, leegood, AliceShiki and 3 others like this.
  16. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Listening to Umbrum, Blaiz looked around before finding the Magic Association's HQ...covered in ice. "Hop on, then, and we'll go and check to see if she's around there. If not, I'll try to melt the ice so that you can go and look for her." Turning around and crouching a bit, the dragonkin waited for the young man to grab hold.

In the mean time he pondered how to heal the phoenix. Lee could only do so much, after all.
    Perhaps I could use fire to weaken it a bit so that Lee's magic is more effective? Or would it be more likely that using ice magic would strengthen it, helping it expel the curse on its own? Haa, we don't have time to experiment, so I'll talk to Lee about it when we find her. Until then, I'll focus on conserving my magic!

OOC: Let's see who can take the longest to reply! Not! *mumbles about busy schedules and procrastination*

leegood, Naraku, MaliMi and 2 others like this.
  17. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you !" Immediately, Umbrum felt worried about Niris, it was covered in ice, what if she... he preferred not to think about such a sinister scenario, just thinking about it made feel... desperate, however, that wasn't enough to make him fall in tears. A death won't be enough. He looked around and noticed something moving under the ice. It was moving very slowly. Not even a centimeter per minute.

"Niris...?" She was all frozen, her whole body was frozen, however, it seemed like she was still alive, nevertheless, it seemed like moving was a bit less hard than before due to Blaiz, though, a quick change will dangerous for her body. Umbrum suddenly crouched to her and checked to see how her state was. He didn't say anything and only bit his own lips, feeling deeply worried about her. Then, he held her hand said, half whispering.
    "<Physical Enhancement>..." At least, she would be able to get better quicker. It was already incredible that she was still away in this state. He was drawing all the mana he could, he didn't even care about the amount, he didn't have much anyway, her channels and storage won't be overloaded.

"Blaiz, continue please !" Meanwhile Umbrum explained to Niris why they were searching her, to search for Lee. She understood and began to prepare her spell, she will simply stimulate her mana for now so she would be able to use it swiftly when Blaiz and her will search since Umbrum has no use in tracking someone in this kind of circumstances.

OOC: Well, that's alright, not even a day this time as for me~
    Good luck and well... take your time ^^

leegood, Fossil, Nahrenne and 2 others like this.
  18. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Staring at the woman frozen in the ice, Blaiz focused on his magic. Pure fire power would only kill her faster in this case, so he would need to focus on control. That was never his strong suit as he instead opted for magic formations, brute force, and ingenuity. Breathing in deeply, the dragonkin pictured how Ruby used flame tongues to melt the ice quickly but not hot enough to burn anyone. Focusing on that image, the dragonkin released his mana and let it lick the ice as a test. Hovering his hand above the flame, he found it to be at an acceptable temperature that wouldn't hurt the girl.

Melting through the ice, the flames went around the girl and surrounded her, almost as if she were a caterpillar undergoing metamorphosis. After the cocoon broke, the girl was defrosted completely. Turning back to Umbrum, Blaiz said,
    "I only have room for one, so before we continue on I'll ask: do you still have the buff from Mira? If not I'll call her back here to speed you up so that I can carry Niris so that she can continue resting."

leegood, MaliMi, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  19. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The two phoenixes had been fighting on equal grounds so far.

It didn't last for long. The icy one cried out in midair, and swooped down, devouring it's own minions. With every minion devoured, it's wounds healed.

Sure, the recovery amount per monster was small, but there were lots of E-ranked birds. Enough for an advantage to be gained.

*Caaaaaw!*

Healed up, it resumed the battle, this time directly plunging into the other phoenix, as its own talons prevented it from moving. Corruption and negative energy invaded the claws, but the ice simply regenerated another layer.

The blue one drove the purple one deep into the ground, after having gained a significant height advantage, dealing high damage to it. Due to the massive amount of damage, the phoenix formed out of resentment dissipated.

Of course, the icy one didn't get off light, either. It's left wing was broken, and it's talons were blunted. Also, there were no more minions flying around it.

"A chance."

leegood, MaliMi, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Having been saved once again, Niris looked over her body and sighed. She just thought that she was pitiful, couldn't she live without owing debts to others people ? Rolling her eyes, she looked at Blaiz and then stared at Umbrum before bowing.

"Thank you. I owe both of you... again."
    She couldn't help but mutter the again, it made her grit her teeth, owing favours wasn't really her cup of tea. She just can't stand it. She may even be drowning in debts right now.

"No... I don't think we still have the buff... after, I can just force myself and run quicker, and if it's not enough, in the worst case, I can just use Physical Enhancement in intervals."
    said Umbrum as he scratched his head awkwardly, but then he admit after being slightly hesitant. He thought that he may faint if he uses this spell too often, it always put a huge pressure on his body.

"Though... it's true that it would be good if you call her back..."
    He seemed to be flustered at his own demand.