Magic Cube vs. Purple Crystal Card (MW & TMW)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by zen2451, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Magic Cube or Purple Crystal Card

1. Magic Cube

73 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Purple Crystal Card

51 vote(s)
    41.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not even that. We're assuming that the magic cube has 10,000 experts' soul shards in it already. Why? Those aren't naturally there. The only reason those are there is because of a battle before Lin Ming got it. There's no reason in a straight competition for there to be experts souls already in the magic cube. That's like putting 10,000 elemental essences and natural souls into the purple crystal card. The only abilities the magic cube has shown other than those souls is the ability to subdue blood from god beasts and protect from Demonshire's soul attack.

2. Roff

Roff Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The purple card is so boring, just use in every kind of energy, self heal, cultivation etc making it all purpose in tmw yet boring.

While cube is so interesting, like which memory he will get and tech quines that would help him to grow stronger.

So for enjoyment in reading, I would go for the cube.

3. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a lot of people forget that the Cube reveals a little about the souls when choosing so while it can backfire it at least isn't totally random souls.

4. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haven´t read MW yet but don´t you think that in TMW the purple card will once again change in the next ~300 chapters? so that it isn´t restricted to notowned energy or something?

5. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol like when he exposed the evil energy in the artifact at the Lin clan and when he stole that Fey's refined earth fire, I know wat you mean

Aternus likes this.
  6. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just chose randomly without knowing what this was about XD des~

7. dorque

dorque Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let's compare their abilities till date :
    magic cube :
    stores and refines energy
    swallows the world around it when activated
    seals souls
    quantifies bloodlines and energy patterns
    self defence mechanisms exist
    stores information

purple card :
    stores and refines energy
    seals souls

the answer is obvious

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Which top tier expert showed the full use of the purple crystal? Magic cube is already completely useless to someone with low cultivation by itself. It needs souls to be of use. Protecting him from Demonshire and intimidating the True Dragon blood is the only use it's had other than the souls in it.

9. grinderlyfe

grinderlyfe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he is talented though.....his talent is his will power...he couldnt have survived the cube torturing his soul is he didn't have that talent...so comparing his talent of being the best at never giving up vs all the others talents of better blood,bettwer comprehension and hatnot...i Like lin ming's talent more....hell you right, its nt even a talent, he just never gives up.....and the cube would be a just another piece waste if it had landed in someone's hands that didn't have that willpower

I Eat Monsanto likes this.
  10. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there ARE three artifacts, and all three, including the Purple Crystal appear in Martial World. The Magic Cube (Souls), the Black Bead (Flesh) and the Purple Card (Energy).

11. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    i apologise but can i ask where was it mentioned that it refines energy? it is just a speculation from yourself nothing more... it doesnt swallow the world around it... nothing to do with bloodlines!! self defence mechanism? no such thing it is just an ability not used properly by the previous owner and...

12. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    The Cube does not store and refine energy. It's use is to actually absorb and store souls, nothing more. All the blood mumbo jumbo thing was responsability of the woman sealed in the Cube. The Crystal is it's energy counterpart, with the same uses, but for energy. AND the Crystal needs no cultivation level to be used. The Cube, on the other hand... were it not for the woman inside it or the 10000 experts souls sealed in it it would have been utter useless for Lin Ming. So the answer actually IS obvious. Crystal is better, it has less limitations and does not depend on luck and third parties to be extremely useful.

13. heartentice

heartentice The One That Entice The Soul

Reading List:
    Link
    Lot of people replying that the cube is a high risk high reward thing. I thought the OP asking which one is better in the novel, not in the real life. So as an MC in a chinese novel, he will never experience the 'high risk', only high reward. So cube for me. And i thought the purple crystal actually was somehow transported from MW realm? Umm i don't know just heard someone mentioning it somewhere?

14. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of what the crystal has done so far is supplement Yi Yun's shitty talent. The cube, on the other hand, is supposedly some sentient super treasure that picked worthless Lin Ming over a veritable horde of superpowers and throws at him everything he could possibly want. You really think the crystal is more broken?

15. Rhyasial

Rhyasial Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would just like to mention, since everyone seems to be ignoring this. In the beginning the cube did not have souls inside. Yet the masters from the realm of the gods were fighting over it. We have never seen the original power of the cube besides that ultimate reality storm that wiped out all the masters from the realm of the gods. The woman who unleashed it exists at the center of the cube. She is the only complete soul there and she seems to still have her consciousness. Don't forget that the cube can also control bloodlines. To date nothing suppresses the magic cube. While the card gives control over energy, it could never unleash the reality storm that wipped out the masters. Think about this, the cube not only kept all the souls of those it destroyed but also their memories while still erasing their consciousness. The fact that Demonshine survived can be attested to the fact that his two brothers sacrificed themselves to give him that chance and even then he is a shadow of his former self. While the card helps with cultivation and laws, it's a crutch. Yi Yun uses the card for everything, while after Lin Ming gambles with his life and soul to use the cube after that he is on his own. He worked to understand Golden Rock Shattering the Void and Chaotic Combat Meridians. He worked to understand the concepts of space and time, thunder and fire. The cube is a cube because it's literally Dice. Yi Yun has been supported by the card every step of the way and the card does not seem dangerous. Lin Ming gambles his existence every time he uses the cube. I respect the cube more than the card and I respect Lin Ming's path more than Yi Yun's.

16. grinderlyfe

grinderlyfe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I would agree with this if not for the fact that every single time lin ming used the cube, it gave him exactly hat he needed to propel him into new stardom, even if it is dice, its most definitely weighted die....and please if we are talking about crutches, isn't the chaotic cultivation method one of the biggest crutches lin ming has, he uses that just as much as yi yun uses the card....unless we are talking about the cube by itself before it gained all thouse souls, then it would be completely useless because lin ming wouldn't have been able to use....at least the purple card does not rely MASSIVELY on luck xD....storywise the cube is a much bigger crutch....and you have to include every single thing that came from it

17. Kaizoku_kc

Kaizoku_kc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude did you even read the story. how is card a constant output but lower rate, without card yi yun would have died million times over. shit, he could cultivate and survive all thanks to that purple crystal card.

yeah he has some op cultivation technique but his perception and willpower is somthing that even
    isnt purple crystal card and magic cube the same thing, if we go by your logic then there should be no purple crystal card. so magic cube should win

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    No, going by my logic you'd take all of the souls of experts out of the magic cube and give it to someone. Then take everything out of the crystal card and give it to someone similar and see which is best. Yi Yun got an empty card while Lin Ming got a cube full of good stuff and people are comparing the two.

19. Kaizoku_kc

Kaizoku_kc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if its about new and empty magic cube as well as crystal card then card ought to be more OP

20. something123

something123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sorn-3DHTC8

Reading List:
    Link
    Cube - Way more OP in the short run. Consolidating knowledge and cultivation techniques from higher realm masters that took them countless years to learn is broken as fk. Even if you get a weird soul, such as an Array one, simply because the knowledge differential between higher realm and his realm is so high, he'll likely still end up way stronger. However, the cube has a limit seemingly (i.e. there'll be a point where he has little to gain from the souls) and unlocking skills can be difficult since u need the blood of stronger peeps.

Card - Weaker early since it'll take ages to absorb enough energy, but more OP in the long run since it has no limit. The whole 100% energy transfer alchemy method is super easy for money so money is never a problem. As long as you keep your head down for long enough, the Card should make you broken due to being able to absorb energy so efficiently.

I would pick the Card to be honest since I would feel comfortable hiding in the shadows not picking fights with young masters, but I wouldn't fault others for picking the Cube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.