LCD Main Character Hides His Strength

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TH3unknown, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These 7 heroes aren’t the most cautious... the Mc pretty much instakilled their weakest members. It probably isn’t too difficult for him to kill the others.

mrttao and Paps like this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it on how the seven (now five) heroes talk big about killing Sungchul, only to get pwned later in fear. Yay, infinite Aquiroa killing time~
    Not that they are not cautious, they are just plain arrogant.

Paps likes this.
  3. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they get stronger as they die off. Energy gets redistributed amongst the still living members.

mrttao, 0000000 and Radon Stone like this.
  4. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They said weakest, but their pride could have been talking over fact. The muscle guy was probably the weakest, but the mage was very skilled and Sungchul said he was the strongest magician he had ever fought.

mrttao and Paps like this.
  5. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    True. But if these losers have even more stuff they extorted from the 8th, things might get tedious. 8th was actually competent.

0000000 likes this.
  6. Radon Stone

Radon Stone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We may experience a literal back-stab moment in the future when it's down to just two

7. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the 7 heroes are almost equally strong, but everyone ( except the leader ) is shit-talking all the time, downplaying each other.
    And the Leader sure is promising, maybe he would give Sungchul a surprise in combat.

I predicted that in the end, only the leader would be left and he will get all the power so he would fight our MC.

8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The 7 heroes sounds way to arrogant in the last chapter, even if the ones that died were the weakest of them all, and that the calamity energy guets distributed to the surviving ones, MC still managed to singlehandly kill 2 of them, thats a statement of his strengh. I am sure that the wandering king or something like that already learned of his mistake of understimating him by now, if they didn't then they are useless.

9. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I perferred "Demolisher". It has more syllables. :blobawkward: And "Destroyer" is so commonplace.

Radon Stone, Arbalest, Paps and 3 others like this.
  10. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree.

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the latest chapter. Even in the other world, degree of Liberal Arts is still not considered a degree.

Paps and Overclock like this.
  12. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because those so called degrees are BS wastepaper created by rich donors to rubber stamp "achievements" for their brainless children.

mrttao likes this.
  13. True King Kettle

True King Kettle 『Hundred Paths Conquering Kettle』

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he'll enter disguised as a doctor aka alchemist. Or just brute force

Paps likes this.
  14. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused, wasn't Gods forbid the development of the Other World?
    I think I read it somewhere that Gods literally sent monsters/devils to directly destroy the laboratory and machinery.

Or I'm just mixing things up again.

15. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, you are not mixing anything Gods don't aprove of mutch of the technologies of the other work but they made it unusable, some thing even when they put all the pieces toguether wouldn't work either way.

ZeroR18, Arbalest and Blitz like this.
  16. Vexram

Vexram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the restriction of development doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be honest. i mean the worst things about industrialization are pollution and environmental destruction. pollution would be avoided because of magic and gods can simply 'smite' people for destroying the land.

other than the gods just being dicks and shit stains much like the world they govern, i can't see any real reason for them to basically forcefully keep the world in a medieval setting. (other than author preference). i mean if they can just magically make things not work, it's not like the threat of nukes or other massive dangerous bombs magical or scientific would be able to be used.

basically unless the author stupidly puts emphasis on this part of the story, it's best just to either ignore it or accept it as the gods are bigger dicks than the people and is just another reason why this world should be destroyed.

(honestly at this point in the story, this world is not worth saving. i've seen a handful of 'good' people compared to most of the world being worse than trash. it would be a good deed simply to end the world and those 'good' peoples suffering. if this is the kinda setting the author was going for, he's succeeded. but if he's gonna save the world, he better do some fucking work with his story telling otherwise it'll just be the MC saving trash that deserves to die for no other reason than a 'promise'.)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    ZeroR18 and mrttao like this.
  17. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well we are talking about Gods that will send a plague to kill all the young ones to force people to face their own calamitys, so they are in the Dick list a lot time ago, hell they do this periodically, just because. Forcing the world not to advance technologically for long isn't the biggest of the bad management they have done.

18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That, and also humans cause more damage to the environment with low or no tech.
    Technologically advanced nations preserve and expand forests, while using modern fertilizers and equipment to ensure they produce enough food. Technologically backwards nations instead engage in slash and burn agriculture that destroy the rainforests.

Sure, stone age people remain small enough to not cause environmental harm. But all those fantasy settings seem to be in medieval lock, just advanced enough to cause massive damage, but not advanced enough to preserve nature.

Then you have things like Mao declaring war on nature for communist china (and the many years it took to start reversing that). Such nonsense would definitely be stopped in a world with gods. Not to mention druids could use magic to rapidly restore the environment in large scale...
    It seems to me that the main issue is the leveling system. The evil people are higher level and thus has absolute power. A lot of the lower level people are nice people. The author has a broken aesop, he seems to indicate that the entire world is evil, when it is not. The real issue is the few top leveled evil individuals. And they could definitely use some culling.

The fact old age is not an issue for higher leveled individuals just makes things worse too.

19. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technology also makes life much easier for the general public and lazy because a lot of our needs get taken care of. So from one point of view allowing technology ruins people. Have you ever been told your lazy and should go out for fresh air rather than play on your phone or computer all day. You can argue technology is the result of human effort all you like, but its a minority who can actually take the credit for the advancement of tech.

And a medieval setting not allowing modern weapons isn't bad writing. Its actually good since it fixes the issue of people reincarnating or transported to a low tech world, but not introducing guns and advance tech there to solve the problems. Its the authors choice so calling it bad isn't logical. And it isn't like society can't advance. They just have to use magic to replace physics and modern engineering. The gods are allowing flying war ship that can teleport and magic WMDs. The only reason the world isn't more modern from our point if view is because the powers to be of the world don't spread the know how and train the masses. Like magic clans don't teach outsiders or people they don't like magic. It like every cultivation novel out there too. Sects and powerful families who can overturn heaven and earth don't do anything fot the masses right? Its no different.

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By this argument though you could ban all technology, even the most primitive. There was still room for laziness during the middle ages, with a very small middle and upper clann of "ruined lazy people". There were no lazy people during the stone age...
    Agreed
    Honestly, if you having a modern earth human reincarnating into a fantasy world and trying to invent guns you already have awful writing. The "fix" of having the gods block the guns from working only slightly mitigates the badness

Paps likes this.