Recommendations Male lead that need protection?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by RAON7, Oct 21, 2020.

1. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im looking for male lead (prefer on fantasy novel setting) that protected by his companions or someone who is stronger than him?

I've already got some on my list. Such as
    I prefer no yaoi. Once I read MDZS because of the manhua and instantly regret and drop it. But shonen ai is ok, like HOB.

Is there any more?

*Ps
    I create a list of these on my list, so just visit my user profil to access the title more easily.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Wolfie-bigsister likes this.
  2. Random person

Random person Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    RAON7 likes this.
  3. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There Will Always Be Protagonists With Delusions of Starting a Harem really catch my eye. I'll read it right away. Thank you ^^

The difference? I think shonen ai is excluded from the bed scene while yaoi is all for it.

Random person and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    RAON7 likes this.
  5. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely try these!!! They're all officially no-romance, though some have slight shounen-ai vibes. I'm also going to pick up a new series soon that is exactly what you're looking for as well...MC surrounded by a group of friends that will do anything to protect him >.<

nevelvir and RAON7 like this.
  7. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..oh boy. So many catch! Thank you!

Now im confused wich one to read first. I guess I'll try a few chapter each. Lets see wich squad got picked up first ^^

But then Legend of Sun Knight manga is such an eye candy..

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  8. qpzmal

qpzmal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • This Cannon Fodder Is Covered By Me, but idk since the it's ML being protected by the MC, buut it's really heartwarming
    • Spring Trees and Sunset Clouds, more about healing your scars and recovering
    • The Novel's Extra, if you like the idea of going into a book like ORV, but MC's the author
    • The Earth is Online, MC is pretty weak and the part where the MC threw away ML to save himself was really funny (It says that it's yaoi but they don't get together until the very very end, it's more like a close bromance)
    When I saw Omniscient Reader's viewpoint, I was going to say Solo Leveling but then he's not exactly being protected unless you count his shadow soldiers. He does start off really weak though.

Hinattaaa and RAON7 like this.
  9. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    LSK is the most famous one for sure! LSK and YBCB are also the only ones that are currently complete with translations. But LSK starts out with MC being the one trying to protect everyone...and then he realises later that they're all the ones trying to protect him instead. :) I think of the ones listed, Unique Legend might be the one where your requested theme is strongest(?) haha. They're all great though, and definitely all share the common theme of friendship circle protecting MC! I'd love to hear which ones you end up picking first and/or liking the most XD
    Also, if you end up liking Earth is Online, I would recommend Card Room as well; they're quite similar.

RAON7 likes this.
  10. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the moar recommendation and advice!

Im still tasting here and there ranking down the catch. Actually im still craving in for more fantasy, heavy thick plot and some royal family stuff. Of course with the protect mc squad

It got narrow down to The Earth is Online (but the yaoi tag scared me) and The Legend of Sun Knight. I dont know... I'll pick the later. LKS is it

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  11. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Ughhhhh Chen Yue Zhi Yao is exactly the "fantasy, heavy thick plot and some royal family stuff", but unfortunately, translations are not that far (I read the raws). Such a shame...it's a really good series, and I really hope translations pick back up soon for it T.T

If you're worried about explicit smut (I usually try to avoid these too), then there's nothing to fear about for Earth is Online. They only confess to each other at the very end of the series, and due to censorship requirements, there's some vague euphemism that doesn't really resemble a bed scene at all lololol. But I wouldn't quite call it "high fantasy" like Western fantasy, which I think is what you're mainly looking for. It's more of...surviving a post-apocalyptic world where game and reality have become one. It has a great puzzle and action oriented plot though!

But I do think LSK might be a bit more along the lines of what you're looking for here :)

12. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel's Extra
    I read a few chap ot it. He does everyting solo? NE compainion is a bit... Well He does look like interesting fella. I need to see more if they are trully protecting our MC properly

qpzmal likes this.
  13. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then with LSK I think im gonna enjoy another great time.

Chen Yue Zhi Yao? There is a lot of chap of it isnt it? Ill give it a try!

14. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Translations stopped at 4 out of 11 volumes :( Seeing as it's not even halfway yet, I'm sure you can imagine that the real plot hasn't truly started yet. The first 3 volumes are basically just establishing the world and characters, and lots of foreshadowing. It only just starts to touch upon the real hidden conspiracies and complexity of the plot in V4...and just continues on from there. Hopefully it gets picked up soon >.<

RAON7 likes this.
  15. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    I would still recommend reading it if you don't mind having to stop indefinitely at v4 though! It's still great even in the beginning, just in....a different way lol. The first half of the series (aka what's been translated thus far) is mostly light, humorous (honestly one of the funniest novels I've read), and fluffy....and V4 I'd say is the turning point into the darker, more plot-heavy second half of the series. I think you might enjoy V4 a lot, but...no confirmed status on translations of V5 onwards. >.<

16. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sory i type it wrong mistaken LCK and CYZY as the completed translated series and edit it later.

Well i read it, the premises look interesting
    But there are hardly any update for frigin 7 years ago.

At last the author completed Chen Yue Zhi Yao. At last its not get discontinues due death or droped and dumped by the author. Then there is hope i can read the later volume too. Someday...

17. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, it's nowhere close to dropped by the author. Chen Yue Zhi Yao has two seasons: the first season has 11 volumes (not including extras), second season is still ongoing by the author, currently at 9 volumes (but should be ending soon). It's one of the most famous fantasy light novel series in Taiwan; I would say close to Unique Legend and maybe just barely below Legend of Sun Knight in terms of popularity? But they're all famous. The authors of these three series are often unofficially referred to as the "big 3" for fantasy light novels in Taiwan, and these are their trademark works.

In that sense, I still have hope that a translator will eventually pick up Chen Yue Zhi Yao; there's a good reason why it's so popular in its original country/language >.<

18. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ..dang. That promising huh. Well since i get to catch all of those recommendations above i ll let it slide and wait really patiently.

Really thank you for recommending me everyone

A but still if there is more please let me know all off them!

TaffyGirl13 likes this.