Recommendations Management/building/strategy novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Awanna, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Awanna

Awanna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for novels focused on managing/building something, where mc isn't a fighter or fight less and it's more focused on problems of managing, developing, economy, politics, etc. When comes to fighting, mc is more of a strategist than an active power. Preferably no romance, or little romantic subplots...

I'm not looking for fantasy only, it can be modern au and more slice of life novel. So something like shops, hotels, farms, companies, organisations, kingdoms...

My House of Horrors, Log Horizon, Wandering Inn, S classes that I raised, Regressor Instruction Manual - have those elements, but I want something more.

2. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online some amount of fighting, but it's mostly kingdom building and business.
    Power and wealth minimal amount of fighting, but it's mostly the main character trying to rise in the political scene

Awanna and robsause115 like this.
  3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Release that Witch - great story with all the above
    Extraordinary genius - I stopped when I caught up to the translations, it has everything you mentioned, the one downside is the few chapters where author is sucking up to CCP, taking nationalism to an entirely different level but the translator usually leaves a note warning of this and actually states that you could literally skip the entire chapter without it affecting the story at all, I remember there being a few such chapters but not a lot, not more than 5-6 by ch.900

Awanna likes this.
  4. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about The Founder of the Great Financial Family?

Awanna likes this.
  5. hongwang

hongwang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend you:(if you are interested in realistic historical strategy novels)
    Mediterranean hegemon of ancient greece, read it if you are interested in the ancient world history, colonization,city building and rugby.

Holy Roman empire (currently reading)
    Complicated political schemes, treaties and treason and total war, contemplate the marvels of the industrial revolution and became the world superpower.

No op protagonist no magic nor superintelligence; they know some world history and act wisely according to it.

The protagonist is just an intelligent engineer ,he had studied the industrial processes in his career and earns a buck out of it.He just got great luck,
    • transmigrate in a magic medieval world where he can unleash his full potential:✓
    • Got a headstart as a prince:✓
    • Got the best starter:✓......

Awanna likes this.