Spoiler Marriage of the Di Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by HC, May 14, 2019.

1. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    the novel seems very interesting because unlike most rebirth stories, the fmc is reborn to another body after her death. Plus, its from the author of Rebirth of the Malicious Empress and Rebirth of Ill-fated Consort.

Has anyone read ahead already? What happen to mc’s ex husband, Chen Yu Rong? Did he really betray her for the princess? When does she meet the ML?

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/marriage-of-the-di-daughter/

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Bump!

3. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
    I read this few months ago. From what I remember (I will highlight the part of the evil princess and ex hubby fate only):

MC meet ML in the temple before MC back to capital as JL. ML name is Qi Heng, a duke who loves to watch drama, be it's on stage or real life drama. He interested in MC because MC causing few good drama happens, later he "help" MC to make drama. MC back to the capital with JL identity, she tried to involved as less as possible with Jiang family. But ofc, stepmom and 3rd sister wont let that happen. Later MC set stepmom affair to be known (she is dead), and make 3rd sister engagement to be failed. 3rd sister then runaway from home and stay as concubine of 2nd son of Li family secretly (Li family and Jiang family is enemy), but way later capture by (TADAAAA) our villainess princess.... and 3rd sister happen to met the princess when the princess is in bad mood, and talking about her secret. So, 3rd sister got capture by evil princess to be torture.

MC try in possible way to undermine princess and ex hubby, so with the help of ML, she put princess on fake pregnancy drug. The princess panic cause she got pregnant while ex hubby grieving time (for dead wife) not yet over, he cannot ask her marriage. She ask her mom (Liu Taifei) to get her imperial mandate to marry her to ex hubby. Liu Taifei then talk to Empress dowager whom later talk to emperor to give the princess marriage mandate. BUUUUUTTT, the princess is born from same mother as Cheng Wang (who is emperor's brother and throne rival), so the emperor didnt want the princess to marry his promising official (aka ex hubby, joke on emperor tho, the ex hubby been long colluded with Cheng Wang). The emperor ask MC's father which man is good candidate to be princess consort. At this point, MC relationship with her Jiang's dad already mended. MC tell her dad before meet the emperor, if emperor ask which man good to be princess consort candidate, please choose Li Xian who is eldest Li family gongzi. This Li family is supporting Cheng Wang (and emperor know it too), the emperor think this marriage just make what hidden to be shown, and if Cheng Wang did rebel, he can blatantly kill Li family, that's why emperor agree to this choice.

Evil princess then devastated over her marriage (because she loves ex hubby) but still try to cover up her pregnancy by planning to drug her husband at wedding night. Super joke on princess, MC choose this Li Xian because she knows LX is gay and pedo. So the 1 come to the wedding chamber is a man LX secretly drugged too then the next day LX killed him. Not long after wedding, the princess then reveal the news she is pregnant. Ofc this make Li's dad, LX and LX's lil bro who knows what happen at wedding night confused. They then realized they being cheated by the princess to take cuckoo child, because the wedding happened too fast (usually royal wedding will got like 6 months of time to prepare, but this princess only give 1 month). So they tried in every possible way to abort the child, from drug to incense, but failed (because the princess is not pregnant to begin with).

Then MC with the help of ML's henchman, make the princess fall down the stairs and make it seems she lose her baby. And secretly tell the princess (via gossiping maids) about how the master tried to kill the baby with drugs, incense, and finally master lost patient and just shove the princess down. The princess who is so short on braincell and anger fuse directly confront LX, and barging in LX's private study, right in the middle of XXX scene of LX with multiple young handsome boys. They got big fight over what happen and whose fault is that. So the next day, this stupid princess bring the case to emperor's face (LOL). Clamoring her child is killed by LX, and LX is pedo and gay. LX who loves his clean reputation got angry and tell everyone the princess already pregnant before marriage and the father is ex hubby. The emperor secretly laughing (but still put disgust and unbelieving expression) because all this people is Cheng Wang's helper. While ML is watching the drama with happy eyes (ML is emperor's man).

So....the emperor then punish the princess to be commoner (for her lack of moral). While he didnt fire LX and ex hubby on the spot, both know their carrier is end, they resign few days later. After the princess relegated as commoner, she tried to live with ex hubby (everyone know their affairs anyway), but just few days later, original MC's dad (Mr Xue, yes he still alive, MC save him) come to the justice court to report about his daughter and son death's case. The princess mansion then got searched because of this case, with MC's man's help the police find princess' private prison. It's crime with dead penalty if you have private prison, but this princess has 1, and filled with lot's of dead people she tortures and 1 among them is MC's 3rd sister. Jiang's dad still loves this daughter (3rd sister) even tho she is not his real daughter. He then report this to the emperor, Jiang's dad has high position in court so he can press this case to be very heavy. With MC helping with prove and witnesses, original dad finally got the justice and clear original MC's name. Evil princess and ex hubby then beheaded 3 days after.

The rest of the story is about MC helping ML to fighting the rebels and empress dowager's lover. Oh yea, MC's brother Xue Zhao is still alive, he got capture by the princess and put to torture in princess private prison too. He saved by ML at the night princess mansion being searched and ML got his private doctor healed him, later they reunited back. After evil princess and ex hubby imprisoned, MC then tell her story to ML about her being Xue Fangfei and Jiang Li at the same time. ML just accepted her as what she is.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!

5. leetyh

leetyh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and ML cute moments?
    Who fell in love first?
    ML is loyal to Emperor?
    MC tell who she is to ex hubby before he dies?

6. Rahan06

Rahan06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell the ML and MC romantic interaction ? Is it like author other stories slow romance?

7. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
    it's slow romance, and most of the stories ML just like bystander watching the drama MC created. Their interaction basically ML saying cryptic message to MC that he is waiting for MC make the next show. Well, after the princess revenge, MC got kidnapped by emperor's enemy then ML saved her. Actually ML did many things for MC behind the scenes without MC's knowledge like saving MC's brother.

ML loyal to the emperor, and the emperor is not that jerky. Most of the time, ML helping emperor to create favorable condition for the emperor. At last chapters, ML went to war for emperor, then he went missing. But he actually fall down from a cliff and saved by hunter and almost blind. Everybody talk to MC that ML is dead, but MC doesnt believe it, and keep guarding his home. ML eventually return secretly, got cured and meet the emperor. He stay "death" for to help the emperor clean up his remaining enemies. He also make a bet with the emperor, if MC going to stay faithful to him or marry another (edit: they not yet marry). MC stay faithful to ML even tho she is very sad about his "death". They finally back together in the end of chapter.

MC visit the prison after the verdict about the princess's case down. The princess and ex hubby held in side by side cells. MC wears clothes similar to what Xue Fangfei usually wears (frightened them), and tell the princess what she did. When the princess ask why, MC said, "Didnt you said before, next time, better to reincarnated in noble family, to not being step on?" (basically what princess said to her before her death). The princess realize MC is real XFF, scummy ex who nearby also heard it. But when ex hubby try to reach MC's gown, MC didnt even look at him just directly ignore him and leave. Until the day when they beheaded, scummy ex still trying to find MC in the mass of people, MC stay under hooded carriage, too lazy to show up. All along the stories scummy ex from time to time got moments of regret about XFF's death (especially whenever he sees his mom, sister, and princess's stupidities), but soon smoother that guilt with his ambition. Still not gonna forgive him tho, he is scummy to boot.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  8. Rahan06

Rahan06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot

Heungbo likes this.
  9. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    When MTL-ing raws, please keep in mind there are extras~

The ending extras are super cute, I skipped ahead to look at them. They're so full of fluff, guh. Most of them are about MC & ML, but there's a two-parter about MC's brother (Xue Zhao, however you spell his name) and this girl he likes who might be a barbarian princess?

The extras also cover MC's wedding with ML. I found that one adorbs because ML basically prepared MC's dowry, etc. for her. He also talks with her family and her family's finally relieved at leaving her in his hands because he was actually nervous lol. To them, it meant he was taking MC (and the wedding) extremely seriously.

10. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished MTL-ing for this novel, I wanna gush over it endlessly ughhhhh.

I like it even better than the Rebirth of the Empress novel by this author.

There are a lot of cute moments between MC and ML, they have a long and very slow burn romance. They're both interested in/fascinated by each other and this gradually grows into love. I like how ML doesn't just ore-sama his way into MC's business and lets her do her own thing while providing support only if she requests/needs it. MC and ML have the best banter when they get into it, it's really funny how they plot together often. Their naming senses are also hilarious -- the myna bird MC used to own as Xue Fangfei that ML adopted is called 'Xiao Hong' (little red) and the 'treasure' horse MC gave as a gift to ML's grandpa is called Xiao Lan (little blue). XDDD

ML is the Guo Gong guy, he always wears red and basically extremely flashy clothes. The summary's a bit misleading tbh, because he's not a philanderer, though apparently he's so good-looking that girls can't help seeing him and practically fainting at his feet. To give you an idea of his looks, MC's pet myna bird frequently calls him "Beauty." LOL. His personality's...interesting. Like he seems like he doesn't care about anything much and is a dandy, but he's actually got a spymaster's personality despite being from a famous general's family. He also carries around a fan he uses as a weapon.

MC as Jiang Li is not as good-looking as in her previous life as Xue Fangfei, according to her, but she still ranks as a 'small beauty.' After the scum ex-husband and scum princess are beheaded, she tells ML her real identity as XFF (she promised to tell him after things were over). ML believes her and tbh, doesn't care that much. It's after this that the romance starts to pick up speed, since her main quest for revenge has been completed and she can let go of everything. Her brother and father also learn her real identity.

Jiang family is terrible (IMO) to MC. After Jiang Shuran and her daughters are packed away and other concubines gone, there's really only MC & Jiang Youyao (not sure how to spell her name, but she went insane after getting taken to scum princess's prison). Jiang-dad and Jiang-grandma tried to marry MC off for the good of the Jiang family, at which point MC decided to run away, though not before telling ML goodbye. This 'goodbye' isn't final since ML knows about the matchmaking attempt and instead it turns into ML & MC confessing their feelings for each other and ML promising to do something about it.

Ye family is a lot better and MC maintains a good relationship with them all after 'Jiang Li' makes amends for the past. Ye Shijie (her cousin-brother) likes MC but knows that she only has ML in her heart.

A funny scene that'll stick with me forever is how ML invited MC to a super-secret midnight meeting that turned out to be nothing but ML, his general grandpa, and some of his close aides roasting venison and drinking together. And despite being a lady, MC just gets straight to carving and roasting meat with them.

11. Lishasharma

Lishasharma The Kitten in the blacksuit

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I'm definitely reading this. It seems fun....

12. elveliem

elveliem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is very different from the usual plot.
    Sometimes when watching rebirth novels it's frustrating how people couldn't see what happened in the previous life that caused so much misery. But here, the bad deeds would be exposed. Though it would certainly be very tricky for our FL.

13. reard

reard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure I liked this one. If I get the ending right it is like both MC and ML do everything for the emperor but they cannot keep their position because they are too powerfull...

Compared to malicious empress I think this one is way worse. Mtling this one has less harem intrigue which I like more and it is more tragic. There are less funny moments. And for me their relationship didnt click as well as in the other novel.

The only thing that made me wow was how evil the stepmother was with the previous wife and daughter.

14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    To me, this one wasn't as upbeat but that's also why I liked it. It's very true to life. Honestly not everyone's cup of tea, so thanks for pointing that out. :pikablob:

So for those folks out there who want more info:

This novel is less optimistic in tone than Rebirth of Malicious/Military Empress as @reard says. This novel is... how do you say, it covers a lot of 'gray' characters. And it delves more than you'd think into politics and into life for the people who are important but not the Emperor, which is a key difference.

Instead of straightforward revenge, I feel like this novel's protags are more after getting karmic justice in a sense -- the people who are 'evil' just need to have their wrongdoings uncovered and the rest of the world (maybe with some help) judges them fine on their own.

As for doing things for the Emperor and not getting a reward...Cough, honestly, I found this part very realistic. They did what they did because 1) they care for the common people, even if it's not really said explicitly, 2) the Emperor is actually a good Emperor and not a complete douchebag joke of one -- but that also means he's not the nicest person, and 3) I actually liked how MC and ML got away from the whole political mess at the end. I feel like they're happier that way and ML actually takes the time to fulfill MC's childhood dream of traveling all around the jianghu/wulin world. They wouldn't be able to do that if MC and ML hadn't backed out of the active political scene.

And the romance... it does click IMO, just that it's very gradual. It's more about building trust and romance being built on top of that. MC isn't exactly eager to be in a relationship after her scum ex-husband in her first life. ML isn't exactly eager either, because his entire life has been centered around getting strong enough not to get bullied and seek revenge for his parents (who were betrayed and died unhappily -- to give you a clue, I think his mom was gangbanged/murdered. His dad indirectly died by his own hands because he was poisoned and ML chose to give him risky experimental treatment rather than wait for a cure that might not come -- dad only had 1 year of life left after years of trying to find a cure, time was running out. Still made ML guilty AF).

So yeah, depends on your tastes. :cookie:

15. reard

reard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor I only mtled so of course you lose all the details. I still think this author is one of the best. But for me malicious is a masterpiece of the genre. And I had been rereading it this week and then I end up reading this novel during the weekend so the comparison starts...

It is true that this novel is way more realistic. Also that the MC ends in a family that she does not have any relationship changes the emotional aspect a lot.

What shines for me in malicious are all the supporting characters and their plots. And the more relief moments. Here being more realistic or at least more dramatic there is less of that kind of plots.

When I say click I mean chemistry between them. Of course I mtled so it loses a lot of detail. And it is true that their past is so tragic that romance is not the most important for either.

In any case I think it is an enjoyable novel but I still dislike the end. Maybe the extras are a bit more sweet like in malicious but I haven read them.

Leilacus and scriptor like this.
  16. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, MC does end up having reasonably good relations with the Ye family (the maternal family of her 'Jiang Li'). She also maintains her very close relationships with her original family members (her father and brother). It's just that she doesn't have a close/good relationship with the Jiang family. At best, they aren't fighting anymore and Jiang-dad doesn't force her into anything anymore at end of the novel.

The ending by itself is bittersweet, definitely! Honestly, the extras round out the ending a lot more and add more sweetness so it's not quite as bitter of a read as the ending by itself suggests.

17. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving a record here that I finished mtling this novel...

18. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please give spoilers !!

19. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your juicy spoiler tells me that, despite having a lot less of romance, this novel is tonna be fun and worth it as Empress & Ill-fated Consort.

I just feel too sad for the original MC's soul, not seeing the transmigrated MC take revenge for both of them.

BTW, something makes me think Jiang Li's step-mom had all bastard children and that is why she used her to miscarriage. I just read your spoiler after the first few chapters reveal that MC has guessed she is putting her current father a green hat (and your spoiler just confirmed that her step-sister is a bastard)

20. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just wondering if the father ( ever gets to trully reflect on the fact he neglected his own daughter in favor of the second wife's one. Not the fact he did it for 7 or 8 years, but that he immediately believed she was guilty, not giving her any chance or trully investigating whether Jiang Li had been framed or not. Everyone seems to get things for granted just because the original kid was stubborn and impulsive.

So far, I think the father's remorse is too small and he hasn't even investigated in what condition his own daughter lived for 7 years.

Even if she trully provoked a miscarriage, what sort of father doesn't personally check on his own child for 7 years?

eagerreadergirl likes this.